We have been to Vegas many times and decided to try a new hotel and I have to say that after reading the reviews of the Flamingo, I was disappointed.
First the pros: Airport Check-in is a MUST! It saves A LOT of time. Good location on the strip and monorail. Players Club line was always short and ran smoothly. Casino was not smoky. Nicely renovated rooms and hallways (make sure you ask for one). The food was wonderful, especially the buffet.
Now the cons: Had to change rooms 2 times because we weren't in a newly renovated room at first and it was far from clean. The pool was extremely crowded and full of wild kids and guys trying to pick up anyone. There are only 4 pool cabanas for rent and they are always reserved so if you want one, make those reservations early. The walk from hotel rooms to anywhere was tremendous. Not much variety in the casino for it to be as large as it is. Plus parents hauled their kids through the casino like it was an adventure park.
The staff at the front desk doesn't appear to be happy at all, but you can find a someone willing to help you eventually.
After all our problems, we ended up with a nice room overlooking the Balligio and fountains, but we will stay somewhere else next time that caters more to the adult crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Vegas.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo