My wife and I stayed at the Flamingo from 7/31 - 8/6. We booked on their website for only $100 Sat, and $65 M-Thurs. This is a great price for a major strip hotel. We were a little worried that the place would be old or dingy, but were pleasantly surprised.
Checked in at airport, got a room on the 23rd floor. Room wasn't available until 3:30, but well worth the wait. We had a fantastic view of the south strip including the Bellagio fountains. The king, nonsmoking room (as requested) was clean, large and nice. Nothing fancy, but it had all the necessities. The decor was blue and very tasteful. Their website says that all rooms are completely remodeled now, so don't expect anything pink and tacky. Nice big safe, easy to put all our gadgets, cash and laptop with room to spare. Walls could be thicker, as we could occasionally hear our neighbors or people in hallway. Overall a very good room.
Pool was great. This is one of the best pools on the strip. There are several pools, including one main pool with a waterfall. There is a waterslide too. There weren't too many kids, some, but not enough to drive us crazy - it doesn't take much. Mostly people trying to get some sun and cool off in the pool. There are a lot of chairs, and all the good ones are usually taken. At peak times it is hard to get 2 good chairs next to each other. If you walk around for about 20 min, you eventually get some. There is a nice security guy there that you can ask and he keeps track of what chairs have been vacant for more than 30 min and will give you those. I think the chair situation is tough everywhere and this is no exception. Too many jerks go down right when the pool opens and throw some towels on the chairs and try to claim them for the day. It seems like Flamingo is working to avoid this problem with the 30 min vacant chair limit. There are two hot tubs that are very nice. Lots of palm trees throught the pool area, so there is plenty of shade and sun. The trees have misters on them to cool the place down during the hottest times. Overall this is one of the best pool areas around.
Casino is not too large, not too small. It isn't super fancy, but it has everything you're looking for. I played 2/4 holdem, and vp mostly and didn't lose too much. Drink service is very ood in the poker room, but terrible at the low limit vp and slot area. Could be the area we played in, because we noticed different areas had better service. Cocktails were average to above average. Overall this is an average casino.
Shows were good and bad. We saw second city improv which was very good (had 2 for 1 tickets too). Also saw Bottoms up, which was very cheesy and bad, should have known from the $10 ticket price. We expected bad and got worse.
Ate at the Flamingo buffet for brunch one day and dinner another day. Brunch is great with custom egg/omlette station and a very large selection of fresh breakfast and lunch foods. The dinner buffet was OK, kind of disappointing after such a good brunch the other day. The dinner has all the usual stuff, an average buffet for and average price ($16).
Location - this is probably the best location you can be in on the strip and still be in a nice hotel. It's at the corner of Bally's, Bellagio and Ceasars. All three others are set kind of far back off the strip, so it's kind of a haul from your hotel room to the strip, but Flamingo is right on the strip. Go down your elevator and you're only steps from the strip. This was a very nice feature. The layout of the place made it pretty easy to get around. There is also access to the new monorail system right in back of the hotel.
Summary: Perfect location, low price, Great pool, and nice rooms make this a good choice. I would definitely stay again for the price. It would be a 5/5 if they had quicker room availability, better drink service and fix that Bottoms Up show. Otherwise the Flamingo is fabulous, especially for those looking for great value for their money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Vegas.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo