“pretty good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“pretty good”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was there July 13-17 and I read all the recent reviews about this hotel days before arriving so I was coming in with my guard up. As other reviewers wrote, yes the hotel shows it's age but the GO room that I upgraded to was perfectly acceptable. Comfortable beds, clean room, nice smelling, quiet floor facing the garden/pool area. There was a small noticeable stain on the bed sheets and immediately asked the maid if she could change it as she was cleaning other rooms, she came in, checked and changed it without any issues. Apart from that, everything else went well with my stay. Yes the elevators are glitchy but I never waited more than 1 minute for a lift up or down, maybe because I stayed Sunday-Thursday. Overall I was pleased and would stay here again.

Room Tip: get a GO room, ask for a floor higher up, floor 17 was a quiet one facing the garden and pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony S
TotalService, Specialist Matt at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed your room and comfortable bed. We are glad housekeeping was able to accommodate you! We hope you will keep us in consideration for your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire uk
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a fab Delux at the flamingo. We loved it. The room has been remodelled and was absolutely fine. A nice view over to the high roller and ceasers palace. The only slight bug bear was we were on an adjoining room and could hear the other people but was generally only before we went out didn't disturb sleep.

This is a massive hotel so yes there was queues for check in. But didn't take to long. Sign up for a total rewards card and when you check out you can skip the line. This also clocks up credit and you get money off final bill . We also had $20 room credit a day to use in bars and restaurants which was a nice touch. As we had pre paid we also didn't have to pay the resort charge which was another bonus. Use the free wifi in the linq.
Enjoyed the pool but could do with some more shade in the summer months although the water that sprays from the trees is nice touch.

The staff were lovely and helpful. All in all would stay here again it's a fantastic location the linq is brilliant. The Polaroid shop is fun and yard house serves fantastic food. You are right in the centre of the strip. So for a budget stay and we paid rock bottom price you get brilliant bang for your buck. Just remember it's a busy big hotel. If you don't like this pay for a more exclusive hotel on the strip.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Annieflyuk
Thanks for the feedback! We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay at The Flamingo, and we are delighted you found a great "bang for your buck!" We aim to provide our guests with excellent service and accommodation. We hope to see you back again soon!
Chicago
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Flamingo is not a bad place given their updated rooms but their service has some serious problems. One of my recent trips found me unable to access my room due to some technical problem with the door. After several days where engineering was scheduled to fix it, nothing was done. Still, i got no reprieve from the charges for the room that I couldn't even access without calling security and sitting in the hallway as I awaited a guard to allow me to access the room that I had paid for. I had already booked the next trip and decided to keep it despite this horrific experience since it was so difficult to rebook on short notice. The maids were terrible. They didn't leave new shampoo or a new bath mat. I had to beg for shampoo from a maid in the hallway. And yes, I did leave a $5 tip. Still, no shampoo. The casino allowed a man to harrass me at the table and did nothing to stop him. The casino credits for play are far below what other casinos offer. Still, at least the rooms are cheap and the location is good. I guess that's a good review????

Room Tip: The maids could leave new shampoo. Despite my having left a $5 tip, I got no new shampoo and had to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

TotalService, Specialist Matt at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were sorry to hear of your disappointment. We are committed to providing the quality service our valued customers expect and deserve. We greatly look forward to your return and our next opportunity to show you how much we enjoy having you as our guest!

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Torrance, California
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Was on 28th floor strip view rooms. Not so great rooms but the view was mind blowing, you see Bellagio fountains from your bed. Rooms are refurbished and have glass at the strip facing side. Will come back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your latest visit! We are very pleased you enjoyed the view from your room. We are delighted that your overall experience was a positive one. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The rates are tempting but.... you WILL wait an hour or more to check in. And then you will be treated with rudeness. When we finally got to the front of a deceptively short line the young man asked how I was. "Older," I replied, "than when I got in that line". His response was that the line was actually rather short. When I said I found that hard to believe as I had been in line for 55 minutes he said "No, you weren't. I looked up an hour ago and there was no one in that line". Wow. So, you've not only exhausted my patience but now you're calling me a liar.
I upgraded to a GO room because I thought that's what I had booked in the first place and I wanted to be near my chum. It was a nice room but it truly did not make up for the incompetence at the front desk or the non- existent maid service which came to my room once in three days. When I asked the maid in the hallway if she could please make up the room she said "No. Call the desk". Easier said than done. I gave up after 2 tries.
Elevators are sloooooow and glitchy.
Long story short. This hotel has over 3000 rooms. Okay. Problems arise. But, I didn't say you ran a hotel, YOU said you ran a hotel. If you can't do it pleasantly and with some degree of efficiency then do something else.
Or ... from your, the reader's, perspective .... choose another hotel and avoid the aggravation.
One last thing..
Attn Flamingo: DO NOT BOTHER to send the rote "thank you for commenting blah, blah. If you actually gave a rat's patoot you would train your employees better.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
Green Features: Huh? What does that mean? I am required to write 50 characters before trip advisor will accep t this comment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Beverly A
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with a long wait at check-in. Occasionally there are times when a line can accumulate, we diligently try to staff our Front Desk around peak arrival times and get everyone checked in as soon as possible. We are truly sorry to hear that you had to wait an extended amount of time. It is never our intent to frustrate any of our customers.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

let start with the bad: waiting forever to check in ...never waited so long in a line 1 hour 30 minutes... the good: location, staff,the pool and the animal's habitat that are all very nice...great breakfast buffet. ...
Be sure to get a total rewards card this will save you time and money...wish I had done that prior to get there!

Room Tip: get the upper floors since they get the best view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments on your recent visit with us! Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience a long wait at check-in caused you. We are quite pleased however that you enjoyed our location, staff, pool, and the gardens! We hope to see you again very soon!
Norwalk
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I became ill this trip.best room I ever had in L V. difficult to say more.still recovering.just had car repairs completed .I also have a great hostess in cindy saxon who all ways handler my reservation .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

1 Thank Clifford C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. We are delighted that you stayed in the best room you've ever had in Las Vegas with us! We will make sure Cindy receives the proper recognition for her service and efforts. We hope you will recover fully and stay with us again soon!