“Great location, but rooms need TLC”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #122 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great location, but rooms need TLC”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed for the weekend of our daughter and son-in-law's marriage. The grounds are lovely, and a very nice setting for a wedding, but the bars and restaurants all seemed a bit 'full on' and lacking in style/sophistication/atmosphere. We went instead to the fabulous Eiffel Tower cocktail lounge, and then to Mon Ami Gabi at Paris, for our post wedding celebrations.
Our room at Flamingo was okay (great view of Caesar's Palace) and the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was very dated and furniture was long overdue for donation to Goodwill. The Flamingo existed before the Strip did, and it seemed like not much had changed in the interim years! However, in retrospect I think we may have just been unlucky with allocation, as recent contributors are reporting updated rooms with improved facilities.
The pool at Flamingo looked good, and is included in the Resort Charge. The food court is poor value and chaotic, but the Tropical Breeze cafe offered good food and service at reasonable prices. Lobby staff were helpful, well-trained and efficient - it was the fastest check in and out I've had in several trips to Vegas.
In my opinion the best aspects of the Flamingo are its historical significance, and the location. It's center strip and right beside The Linq, the new off-strip dining/shopping/entertainment area featuring The High Roller, the world's largest big wheel ride.

Room Tip: Ask whether a remodeled room is available.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trudyscrumptious_12
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. While we are delighted that you enjoyed our location, we are sorry that your room seemed dated. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,891)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
british columba
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We just got back from the Flamingo Las Vegas, it is a tired old hotel. I didn't expect much because I had read the reviews before we went. The bathroom fan was filthy with dust, the tile has never seen more than a quick wipe, I took a towel and actually rubbed a bit of a stain on the floor tiel and it came out. The toilet rocked when you sat down. The casino has one central washroom and if your not sure of where in the casino you are expecially when you first arrive it can take quite a bit of walking to find the washrooms. A cup of coffee in the food court is $3.19 and they don't tell you that you can get free refills, nice of them. We won't go back, sorry Hilton, I think you could do much better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the lack of housekeeping service during your recent visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. Your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.
North Tonawanda
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at the Flamingo this past week. It was our first trip to Vegas. We were not too impressed by this hotel. When we arrived, at around 6:30 pm, our room wasn't even ready yet. I find it hard to believe that a hotel of this size didn't have a room for us, especially so late in the day. We ended up having to wait an hour. It's in a great location and has a nice pool and grounds, but the interior is in desperate need of updating. The room we stayed in had newer furnishings, but the bathroom was pretty shabby. The shower barely had any water pressure and the paint was peeling. The carpeting in the halls was coming loose, so you had to be careful not to trip. The elevators were pretty scary. The panels were loose and many buttons were missing numbers. We were always afraid we were going to get stuck. There was construction going on on the 12th floor, where we stayed, so we never knew what we'd encounter after returning each evening. The final night there was the worst. I realize they had little control over this, but there was loud music with an extremely loud bass, which made our entire room vibrate, playing at a nearby club. It went on until 3:00 am, which really sucks when you have to get up at 4:30 to get to the airport. After seeing the other hotels nearby, I'd definitely recommend spending a little extra money for a nicer place!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for your disappointment in the condition of the hotel and your room and that you did not have good water pressure. Your comments have been shared with hotel management for improvement. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I thought I would write another review for The Flamingo since my last stay a year ago. I stayed here again in the 2nd week of April 2014 and I had an even more enjoyable time. I was treated very well by the check-in staff. I requested a refurbished room with a view of the pool, and I was given an excellent room with a view of the new High Roller ferris wheel. I took my own advice from my last stay at the Flamingo, which made the trip much more stress free. That advice is: 1. If you want to use the Go pool, get in line by 9am to get a good chair. Put your towel and/or belongings on it, then head over to Starbucks, which is just outside the hotel in the Linq area and relax with some coffee. I spent all my 3 days at the Go pool. For lunch, I went to the food courts inside the Flamingo Casino, which are pretty good, and reasonably priced. I had no complaints with the room, amenities, restaurants, (yeah, Margaritaville!). Being so close to the new Linq complex was a major plus! Yardhouse was awesome, and a good, relaxing way to end the night, in the bar.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LDRTIKI
Pueblo West, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Renovations are happening and only half of our room was complete. The bathroom isn't done but it met our basic needs. Something I didn't know the last time I stayed, if you sign up for a total rewards card, you don't have to pay the extra money to check in early. I still don't like all the extra charges like $13.99 for WIFI per day, resort fees etc but overall, the people are nice, the beds are comfortable, and the grounds are well kept and gorgeous. You cant beat the location either! We got a pretty good rate too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mrsgailann
Athens, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Flamingo is an icon of a bigone Vegas era, and it looks it. The carpets are kinda gross, the wall paper is crazy, the rooms aren't the comfiest. At least the bed was nice. I have definitely slept in less comfortable hotel beds.

The pool is still awesome (Get there early if you want a chair...And you WILL want a chair) and the staff was friendly, much friendlier than I encountered in some of the newer hotels.

The buffet was disappointing, but you can always get the all access buffet card that lets you hit all the buffets in 8 different hotels and walk down the street to the Paris or a hotel with a better buffet, which is what we did. If you time it right, you can have a late dinner, breakfast, lunch and then an early dinner all with one card.

The location is good for being central and comparatively cheap. You can walk to most things on the strip from the Flamingo if you brought comfortable enough shoes.

So yeah, if you want to do the Strip on the cheap, the Flamingo isn't a bad deal.

Room Tip: Tip trick at check in didn't work.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Thank you for your feedback. While we are delighted to read that you enjoy our pool, we are sorry that you found our rooms dated and were disappointed by our buffet. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was my first stay at The Flamingo hotel. Service was great and the staff was friendly. The rooms have a modern look, but that's where the modernization ends. It was difficult to find a plug-in for cell phones, tablets, etc. My daughter found an outlet behind one of the queen beds. I unplugged the hair dryer and used an outlet in the bathroom. It was just inconvenient. Another inconvenience … no coffee pot. Room service has Coffee Express and will deliver within 30 minutes. I used this both of the days of our stay. It's overpriced ($12.99) and there is a $2.50 delivery fee per person, but I didn't have to leave the room to get coffee. The table and dresser were worn and had some scratches, but everything in the room was clean. The bathroom was also clean, but it too was worn and dated. No curved shower rod, so the shower seemed cramped. It also had a darker colored shower liner which made the shower space seem dark and the tile molding showed mildew stains. Additionally, the water never was hot. In fact, for whoever showers second it is rather unpleasant and time of day didn't seem to make a difference. We had upgraded to a Strip View and I was glad we did. We were on the 20th floor and had windows from floor to ceiling. I could see the Bellagio fountains from our room. The Flamingo is in a great location on the Strip and provides access to the Monorail system.

Room Tip: Strip View is great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JOJO_Leawood_Kansas
Thank you for your feedback. While we are delighted that you found our staff to be friendly, we are sorry that you found your room to be dated and did not have hot water. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!