We stayed here at the beginning of October for my husbands 40th, for 7 nights. I chose this hotel for various reasons the main one being the location, slap bang in the middle of the strip. The reviews of this hotel are very mixed but I decided we weren't going to be spending a huge amount of time in the hotel so took the chance....I think some of the reviews are harsh we had a pleasant stay, I would rate our stay as good.
We arrived late in the evening. Had to park on the top floor of the car park because it was totally full but then the lift didn't work from the top floor to the next so had to walk through the car park to the next level (a pain but not the end of the world) check in was quick and easy no queues all very straight forward. Though I had already signed up for my total rewards card online before arriving to avoid any queues but didn't need it!
We had a fab double queen room on the 9th floor the room was large and clean, and the huge floor to ceiling window is lovely. The only real complaint of the room on arrival is that there's no light switch!? We had to prop the room door open with suitcases to find the light switch to the bathroom to then walk to the other side of the room to turn the lamps on.....bit of an epic when it's late at night and you've just done a 12hour flight! We then had to remember every evening before we went out to turn the lamps on so we wouldn't be walking into darkness! So not the most environmentally friendly approach.
Found the ice bucket very useful (ice vending machine at the end of the hall), found it a little strange that it was kept in the bathroom???
Bed really comfy slept like a log. Couldn't here ANY noise from downstairs and had fairly considerate neighbours!!! Our room did have an inter connecting door, which I didn't like but it has a lock so not the end of the world.
Plenty of storage, for two people staying for a week.
I really liked the flooring (a wood effect Lino) I personally hate walking barefoot on hotel carpet at least this floor can be cleaned easily (and it was clean!) so for me no issues here.
There is also a safe in the room (free of charge).
Hot water was a little bit hit and miss.
No tea making facilities in these rooms
Room service was generally very good. Do we need fresh towels everyday? ....no...... I think it maybe an idea for the hotel to adopt the idea of if the dirty towels are in the bath then please replace if they're hanging up they'll be fine for another day.....but fresh towels everyday never the less.
Beds made up everyday and bin emptied, and shampoo etc replenished regularly.
The only small niggle was that I think the floor was probably only swept twice through the whole week it could of just done with being swept every other day at least.
We tipped at the the end of the week.
$9 PER PERSON BREAKFAST CREDIT
This doesn't get you much! We ended up just buying bottles of drinks with it so that we could drink them through out the day. But remember you can you use this credit up until 5pm at night
we liked maragritaville, the slots were ok and the tables were lots of fun (our first time at tables and everybody was really helpful and friendly and explained everything). The cocktail waitresses were very good and came around regularly (tipped $1 a drink)
A little disappointing ......we qued for 30min to get a seat (I stayed in the que while my husband went down to tix4tonight bought tickets and came back and I'd only just got seated.....this was about 10.30am) when we finally got seated I couldn't see what the delay was as there seemed to be lots of empty tables????
Our waitress was VERY good (tipped her well) she kept the drinks flowing.
The day before we had had breakfast at harrahs which seemed to offer a much more variety of food (for roughly the same price) and while we were finishing breakfast they were bringing out the lunch time food and clearing away the breakfast food....didn't feel well organised.
The environment however is lovely (better than harrahs which is very dark), so pros and cons.
The hotel on a whole was fine, I quite enjoyed staying in a non themed hotel as the themed hotels get really busy.
This hotel (though like all casino hotels) has no windows however it isn't like some of the other hotels which are quite "brown", this hotel does have a light and airy feel about it.
Would I stay here again?........yes
Would I recommend this hotel?..........yes......but you pay for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Otel, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo