“Old hotel”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #120 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good: Location in the middle of the Strip near the trolley station (but we didn't use it). Has his own old casino and some interesting shows. The room was big with a good kingsize bed.
Bad: Old furniture. Smell of smoke everywhere. We got a room with the view on the wall. Doors of the rooms bang with terrible noise, what woke me up early each morning. No breakfast. No fridge and microwave or coffee machine in the room.
I'd not recommend this hotel for staying in Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ekaterina-www
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location of the Flamingo is excellent. It stops there. The elevators were dirty, the hallway carpeting very dirty, the bathrooms needed work and the service only fair. I have stayed at many hotels in Vegas and this hotel is one of the worst. Check in was good and the people friendly. The stopper in the bathroom sink was out and laying on the counter the entire time we were there. One day we had not received fresh towels as of 10 PM. The Casino is very loud and noisy, There is no reason to blast music by the poker slots. Guests were loud and I was approached twice by women that wanted to hook up. Overall it was not a pleasant experience and I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We’re sorry to hear of your poor experience. We hope you will take some comfort in knowing that all customer comments are taken seriously. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future. We are confident that your next experience visiting us will be enjoyable.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The rooms are pretty big, but very outdated. Not what I expect from the Las Vegas Strip. I paid the same price for this Southwest Vacation as I did less than a year ago to stay at the Bellagio. What a night and day difference. Which would be one more acceptable if I had paid less. The rooms were noisy all night long. There is no carpet in the rooms so that doesn't help with the noise. The common areas are dirty. They have duct tape on broken glass in the elevator room. Just very rundown. However, the pizza place right before you get to the room elevators was very good. The bartender at the Garden Bar was very friendly. The room service breakfast was delicious. The pool and ponds were beautiful. We did have a problem. At 12:30 am our first night someone was pounding on our door. Turns out that it was housekeeping, but as we were 2 women w/o our husbands, we were really freaked out. We were promised a new room. When we went down the next morning the desk clerk was really arrogant and condescending. He did switch our rooms, but we had other guests that overheard our conversation comment on how rude the clerk was.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We’re sorry to hear of your poor experience. We are disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on a visit in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Las Vegas for leisure and to secretly get married this past Friday.

We booked a GO Luxury Room with a King Bed. We wanted to check in early so we settled for a GO Luxury (2) Queen Bed room. We stayed in room 25044 on the 25th floor. Our room was to have a strip view, which it did, but much to our surprise, there was a ton of construction going on just outside our window. 3 out of our 4 nights there, we were woke up by banging steel. We would have had a GREAT view of the Bellagio Water Show but there was a crane in the way.

The room itself was nothing special. Some neat decor and above average electronics in the room, but nothing a decent hotel doesn't offer. I was a little disappointed. I guess because I expect more elegance for the GO Luxury room than what we received.

The hallway carpet was filthy. Room service dishes sat for quite some time outside the rooms.

The HVAC in our room seemed to be on an occupancy status or something. It seemed that the return vent didn't exhaust hot air unless there was movement in the room, so when we arrived back at our room or during the middle of the night, it was super hot in the room. We called for assistance and the technician pressed a view buttons and really got the A/C pumping. As a property manager of commercial spaces, I watched what he did and proceeded to make the necessary adjustments throughout the rest of our trip. To have paid $850 for our stay, I would have expected much better air flow. We managed though.

I'm debating on asking for a partial refund.

Checking in & out was a breeze.

Additionally, we got married at the Chapel Falls this past Friday, the 18th at the Flamingo. It was beautiful and their staff was very helpful! I can't comment on our DVD of our ceremony yet because I haven't received it, but I'm hopeful for the product.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent eight days 5th-12th October '13 at the Flamingo, our second visit in two years, in room 052 24th floor and must say we found no faults at all. The room was clean we used the breakfast room every day also the Steak house for an evening meal on night and Johnnie Rockets a couple of times. We didn't come across any poor staff etc only very nice people, a credit to your company. The hotel is in a nice central position for sight seeing etc. We would recommend the Flamingo even if just for the gardens and swimming pools it takes some beating. Best wishes to you all, Mick & Gill Flack, England.

Room Tip: We were high up which gave us good views of the fountains and the strip, well worth the extra.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend at the end of October. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy. The bathrooms could but updated but other than that the rooms were clean and pleasant. The Flamingo is in the middle of the strip and is an excellent location if you won't be traveling with a car. It has it own monorail stop and has a shuttle drop off near by. The flamingo habitat outside is a nice feature of the hotel as well. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful with directions. I would definitely stay here again. There are several restaurants, bars and shops. It does not have all the features of say Caesar's Place (which is across the street) but at a third of the price you can't beat it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Firstly, let me explain something to you Americans, I have just returned from a week's stay in Las Vegas.This trip was not my first to your Country. I have made the trip across " The Pond " many times over the years both for pleasure and busines and to quite a few of your States, in fact I have probably stayed in Vegas more than most visiting Americans I suspect so feel that I am more than able to justify my observations.
Something has changed ! !
I retired a couple of years ago and now spend a lot of my time engaged in the wonderful , peaceful and relaxing art of fly fishing. In fact I have had two very enjoyable fishing trips to Lees Ferry, Arizona in the last couple of years, chasing the wild trout on the Colorado river with no problems whatsoever ( see my reviews )
A couple of months ago I decided just for a change to use Vegas as a base for some bass fishing on Lake Mead ( Please be patient, I'll get around to the Flamingo shortly ! ) and we all know what's happened to Lake Mead ...... closed for the past couple of weeks or so, but I decided to travel to the US anyway and that's when I noticed that things seemed to be changing !
Arriving at McCarran terminal 3 to be met by long queues is normal but what I didn't expect was to have to queue to get out ! ! several hundred tired passengers waiting to hand over their visa waver document and only 2 people on duty to collect them !
It was never like this before the new terminal opened. I finally got a taxi after another long wait which was driven by some surly character who could barely speak English and attempted to take me the long & more expensive route until I informed him that I probably knew my way around Vegas better than he did.
I have to say that my check in at the Flamingo was quite painless and I got what I asked for which was a high room, so far so good, however, I then discovered that I would be charged a " Resort Fee " of $20.16 per night for the use of the Fitness Centre plus Wi Fi connection ...... to bad if you didn't want it ! a blatant scam or rip-off in my opinion. In most European hotels fitness rooms are free and so is the Wi Fi !
When it became clear that I wouldn't be fishing ( amazingly many people I spoke to didn't even know the Grand Canyon area was closed ! ) I decided to spend some time in the Flamingo pool area. What a wonderful experience that turned out to be ! crawling with so-called security people who just about stopped short of a full body search on trying to gain admission to the area. Once inside, I was confronted by dreadful, loud piped music ---- if that's what you could call it ! ( too bad if you want peace 'n' quiet 'cos you wont get any here ! Bought a beer at the bar which mysteriously increased the prices by 70% at 12 noon without any apparent notices to this effect, and whilst sipping my beer noticed just how many of the ever present " security " oafs there actually were, which of course made me feel very safe from the possibility of attack by whoever or whatever ! ! ! ! !
It was then that I noticed the most bizarre incident, close by, several people had moved their sun beds slightly to take advantage of the sun, bearing in mind this was a quieter area away from the pool itself so there were no obstuctions around to worry about, when one of the moronic security goons told them to put their beds back in line ! I couldn't believe it when these people ( paying guests remember ) actually did as they were told without question and meekly moved their beds back in line, no more than a few inches ! !
Not one person questioned this cretin or pointed out that they were the ones who in effect were paying his wages and instead acted like obedient sheep, unbelievable ! if this had been in England the idiot would have ended up in the pool, complete with silly uniform ! the useless lump !
It was then that I started to wonder, can someone please tell me why exactly you need this so-called security presence in a pool area which is supposed to be for relaxation and enjoyment ? Is it a concern about attack ? if so, from whom exactly ? In the UK we wouldn't dream of having any security at all in hotel pool areas, why should we ? Airports etc, I can understand but pool areas ? maybe we just cope with things better than you I suppose ! But then it suddenly hit me ! wait a minute ! what have we got here ? a fenced off area ! patrolled by guards who search you or your possessions ! tell you where you can sit and where you cant ! piped music -- ok, it's not piped propaganda ! you know what they used to call these places in communist Russia ? well I'll tell you, they were called GULAGS ! But of course they didn't charge the guests for the pleasure of being there !
But why do you let these people get away with it ? watching the tv I saw that people were being warned off visiting Lake Mead and other areas with the threat of fines or even prison, even people who live in the area and apparently one fisherman who ignored the closure had his boat confiscated !
Anyway, back to the point of all this, the Flamingo. It wasn't too bad I suppose ( best thing is the position on the Strip ) apart from the lousy housekeeping, dirty towels left in my room on arrival and 3 days not taken out of the bathroom at all, and of course the sneaky additions to your account if you aren't paying attention.
So finally, thank's for listening to my rant and please treat my comments in the way that they were meant. I have had some great times in the US but have decided that enough is enough, it's changed too much for me and I am tired of the restaurant and bar staff who expect tips when they aren't actually very good at their jobs, ( in Europe we only give tips when the service warrants it, not because someone expects it ) of rip off taxi drivers who can barely speak English, of the Mexicans on the Strip trying to hand out girlie flyers to everyone, even families ! why don't you stop it ? of the mountains of food that always seem to be shoved in front of you, and of course not forgetting the seemingly endless legions of useless " security " goons wherever you go ( what exactly, if anything do they do exactly ? )
In the future I shall spend my time fishing on the peaceful and beautiful rivers, streams and lakes of this sceptred Isle in which I live, England, so goodbye America and thank's again for some memorable times in your Country. Whatever I think or say about it, the USA will always have a special place locked away in my heart ! !
Goobye and good luck to you all.
Very best regards.