“Very pleased with the Flamingo!”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #117 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle, Australia
“Very pleased with the Flamingo!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The people posting negative reviews on this place need to get a life! Or spend triple (even quadruple) to stay at Caesars Palace or the Venetian. Our family and my parents booked two GO rooms in early September for five nights, and we were extremely happy with our stay, particularly as we were nervous from reading so many bad reviews. The location of Flamingo is A+. This is the DEAD CENTRE of the strip, surrounded by some of the best hotels and casinos in the world. For the rate we paid, we were very happy with the quality of the accommodation and the sleep quality. The famous line in reception was not all that bad, it took us 20 minutes to be checked in, and possibly the longest line I saw all week was 30-40 minutes.
As for the foyer being filled with salespeople, this is absolute rubbish. There is one group selling timeshare, and if you politely say "no thanks", then they don't bother you.
Other hotels with a similar location and price such as Ballys and Harrahs simply do not compare in quality to Flamingo, particularly the quality of the gaming areas.
We had a marvellous time, and would definitely stay on our next visit.
Our only negatives were that we had a very slow response (>24 hours) for a faulty air-con, that ultimately wasn't fixed, and that the waterslides were not open during the week (the kids were very disappointed).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,320)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Napa, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was hesitant to reserve a room at the Flamingo as my fav, Paris, was booked solid. The person who took my reservation assured me I would have a recently renovated room. As it turns out it was renovated in 2004--not exactly recent. The hall carpets were dirty with spots, the room did not have enough towels for 3 guests, the toilet paper holder fell out of the wall, the walls were bright pink, the headboards were white vinyl floor to ceiling--straight out of the 60's. There were no chairs in the room to go with the small cocktail table, one of the bedside lamps was inoperable and no plastic liner for the ice bucket. A call to housekeeping brought more towels and a plastic liner. I was told that engineering would come to repair the lamp and bring chairs--neither happened. I spoke with the manager on duty the night before checking out and he was hostile and offered no apologies other than to take $25 off the bill. If the rate had been cheap I could understand the poor service and quality of the property, but that was hardly the case. Under no circumstance would I stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone. Beware!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel itself was nice and clean, the beds were super comfortable.
Staff was nice enough.
But trying to find the parking garage was an absolute nightmare. They're doing construction all around the flamingo and trying to find the flamingo parking area was a horrible experience there is absolutely no signage. Totally ruined my first day in Vegas just driving round and round and round.
Location was awesome, right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I arrived to the Flamingo in the evening on Sept. 17, 2013. While checking in, I noticed the front desk clerk's tag from Honolulu, HI, which is where we are from. She was very pleasant. Right now, I forgot her name. The room that was assigned to us was actually an "accessible" room which I don't think I signed for but regardless it was still a nice room. I took advantage of the pool area one of the days were there. I enjoyed my time at the pool and got to relax. We also enjoyed drinks at the bar closest to the lobby. The bartender there was great! Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Checked in early, 10am, and room was ready. What a view. Floor to floor, wall to wall windows overlookoing Bellagio fountain and Caesars. WOW! Then off to the pool. SO FUN! We are old enough to be parents of most of the other patrons, but felt totally comfortable. Crowded but yet had no problem finding a chair. Would definitely recommend Flamingo. Immaculately clean rooms, awesome view, and the pool is a blast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had never stayed at the Flamingo before and as I had a very good rate I decided to try it. When checking in there was quite a lineup but as I was a Total rewards member I had a shorter line. The clerk was quite helpful in getting me in early and the tower I wanted.

The room appeared to be redone and it wasn't too bad. It had some kind of wooden flooring which looked nice and was a change from older carpets. The bed was comfy and TV and other fixtures were nice. The bathroom wasn't very big and was a little older looking.

The biggest issue is the elevators. Nearly every time in 4+ days I had to wait and wait for an elevator. There were 8 there but there were always a couple that were not working.

The pool area was hit and miss. It appears they are going for some sort of party theme as the main pool was loud with a "party" type of atmosphere. I did find a "family pool" which was a very basic pool but not as loud. There are a couple of small waterslides that were only open on weekends. There was also garbage etc in the corner areas by the pools that appeared to have been there for days. Another thing that was frustrating was how the rules changed day by day. One day I could bring my soda in, the next day I couldn't bring any sort of drink inside.

The gym was small but more than sufficient, but the rule changes happened here too. One day I could use the changerooms/showers etc. The next day it was $10. And this was on top of the daily resort fee.

It would be nice if they could train the staff to have a consistent atmosphere. The rooms were good, but the waits for the elevator and the inconsistency did not make my stay that great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Grafton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room was big, but needed attention for updating and could use a little more cleaning- but then again so could the entire property. But for the money paid this was a great value!

I only paid $33.00 for the room, and was able to get the resort fee waived for being a Platinum Total Rewards member through their Credit Card signup bonus. So for the price paid I think I got a great deal and would stay here again for that price. Although my GF would disagree, she was glad we only spent one night here!

Also the entire hotel and casino smelled like the cleaner they used to clean up puke in schools. Like they were trying to mask the smell of something??????

I really wanted to like this property with all the History attached to it, but it does need a makeover and some attention to cleanliness. I would recommmend this hotel for a guys Bachelor Party trip, or solo trip- especially if you do not plan on being in the hotel much but I would probably not recommend this for a couples or family trip. But the location is top-notch and problably one of the best in the entire city of Vegas!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple