Recently visited for a week and after reading some bad reviews was a little worried.
However, I think the bad reviews are based on those people who pay a low price and have a high expectation. Yes the place is looking tired in areas and could do with new carpets in the corridors and some tlc in other areas, particularly replacing of the corridor carpets and a bathroom upgrade. However, our room was up to standard and the beds were very comfy. Staff were pleasant and a bonus was the $9 dollar per person per day breakfast credit. The gaming in the casino was good, with a full range of slots and we saw many reasonable payouts. $800 for a $2 dollar stake being the highest (but not mine :( )
The pool area was good but was frustrating as people would bag chairs with towels so unless you got there early it was difficult to get seating. They search your bags on entry to check for booze and snacks so we had a good laugh when we watched one girl decant several miniatures from her bra.... so here's a top tip!
For location and price this is hard to beat. This was my 13th visit so I can speak from experience.
Bottom line.... you get what you pay for. If you want glitz and style then pay the money and book elsewhere, otherwise don't moan!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo