Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Jockey Club(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
The Cromwell(Las Vegas)
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
33,905 results
All reviewsbathroom mirrorhigh rollerstrip viewfood courtbellagio fountainsgreat location on the stripmargaritavillehabitatcasinolasgamblingdealersslotsmonorailaction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived only to find out that the airport transport couldn't pull up to the hotel. I can understand why, my complaint is that they didn't let us know about the construction issue. The woman at the desk wasn't the most pleasant. She made it seem as if we were interrupting something more important. Another major issue was the fact that I could hear all the noise from downstairs. I have stayed in other Caesars property along with other hotel casinos and never could hear the casino or bars. I found it amazing that I could, given we were on the 18th floor. The room was just ordinary, nothing like I would expect from Vegas. Needless to say, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vickijean
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Checked in 8/24, at about 3pm. It was a Saturday, so there were expected long check-in lines. I have no idea why people think they should be able to walk into a Vegas hotel/casino on any day, especially a weekend day, and not have to wait 20-40 minutes. IT'S LAS VEGAS. And more importantly, it's at the heart of the strip. So- Saturday check-in, we waited about 20 minutes. Less time than I expected.

This particular weekend, the hotel was packed. While our reservations were made a month or so in advance, I decided to check their reservation system 2 nights before our scheduled stay, just to see what was available. Only basic king and double queen rooms. No upgraded GO rooms, no suites or mini-suites, so I knew the hotel would be full. And it was. When I checked in, I asked the clerk if there were any upgrades available, even showed her the (somewhat substantial)tip I was willing to offer, and she disappointingly told me that there were none. Oh well. Next time. On to the room.

6th floor, but as I discovered during our stay, surprisingly quiet, save for one twentysomething drunk girl who thought the best place to have a phone conversation was outside our door the first day- aside from that one incident, our stay was incredibly quiet, especially by vegas standards.

And here I would just like to offer one piece of advice for other hotels. Hardwood floors. I don't know if they were actual wood, I didn't put my head down on the floor and check, but- NO NASTY CARPETS. Nice. Given the traffic these rooms must see and the hygiene issues involved, the decision when they upgraded must have been a no-brainer. I really appreciated that. Carpets in a high-traffic room get nasty. Fast.

No view. Didn't care- this room was for sleeping only. Small, yet spacious enough, not cramped at all until you got into the bathroom. Even there, with the bathroom door shut, there was enough space to do whatever you needed without knocking your knees into something.

There was a place rug. Stained. Now, if I were staying at some 5 star resort, I might(MIGHT) have an issue. But the Flamingo is not a 5 star resort. I really believe that people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to hotels and star ratings. As for me and my wife, we were not offended that there was A stain. On a rug. In our hotel room.

On to the bed. I am really picky when it comes to this, since I have horrible back issues that usually crop up halfway through my night's sleep and when I wake up. Happy to report that it didn't happen here. I didn't really like their pillows- too fat, too firm. But their basic bed is fairly comfortable. That's saying a lot, coming from me. I think this bed was a combination foam(memory foam, perhaps, but I can't say for sure) and spring. Doubt it was a latex bed, but still, for the level of comfort I experienced, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. It was soft enough for my wife, yet firm and supportive enough for me. Kudos to The Flamingo.

Upon entering the room, I asked for clean linens- after waiting some time, I saw a maid on the floor and asked her for some fresh sheets. No problem. We were leaving right away to go eat, so I just set the sheets on the bed and left, expecting to make my bed when I returned. But when I returned, it was already made for me. At 5pm. On a busy Saturday. Kudos again, Flamingo.

My one gripe was the air conditioning. It was tough to keep it consistent. But hey, it cooled the room, you just have to adjust the temp. And maybe adjust it again.

I didn't get an opportunity to use their pool, but I did get a good look at it on check-out day. I'm really disappointed that I didn't find time to use it. I'm sure it was a drunken frenzy on Saturday and even Sunday, but it looked vast and inviting when I saw it Monday. Oh well. Next time.

In summary, for the price and location on the strip- being right in the heart of everything, it was an excellent stay. Friendly, clean, and comfortable. There were two other rooms of friends with us, and they felt their stay was great. No shining moments, but most importantly, no complaints.
Since I made the reservations, this was a relief.

Didn't eat there except twice at the food court. Pricey. Standard. Oh, wait, it's vegas. Moving on.

Was only able to gamble a little this trip. I prefer the dive atmosphere of the Casino Royale, and I'll forever miss O'shea's. The little bit I did gamble was at the Flamingo. Surprisingly comfortable poker room, but YMMV.

So, in summary- if you're coming to Las Vegas in the future, can I offer you this: You'll probably have a much more enjoyable time if you keep your expectations realistic, and concentrate on the fun. We had a blast. And a great stay.

Room Tip: Habitat elevators/rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank ivo__5
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed at the Flamingo in July 2013 for 2 nights. When we arrived I was expecting mad queues at check-in but there was not and I ended up simply going straight up to the self check-in where a member of staff was on hand to help with any issues, therefore there was no wait at all. We went for the cheapest room and we got a fab room, very clean and beautiful wall to ceiling windows overlooking the wildlife habitat. We also checked out using the tv and there were no issues with the bill. The location is excellent, right in the middle of the strip. I would not hesitate staying here again and it is excellent value for money. I am aware of the many bad reviews and as the hotel is so large I can only presume that the re-modelled rooms are the ones to stay in!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank beth362851
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The casino floor isnt much to write home about but my strip-view room was magnificent. Light, airy, white and modern. I hate dark and old-fashioned furnishings so the Flamingo was right up my street. A good view, though it was obstructed a fraction by that stupid advertising netting that seems to be on the fronts of all Vegas hotel rooms with a view of the Strip, I could have camped out in the bathroom forever, it was so wonderful and big. Double-headed shower, television in the mirror.... My King-size bed, too, was purringly magnificent and did I say I like the Flamingo better than any other LV hotel I've ever stayed at (and I've been to five).

Room Tip: pay the extra and get a Strip-view room. Don't be thrown by the ho-hum casino itself. The hotel rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pixiehat
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from the Flamingo since it is one of the older hotels and the price was equal to the less desirable hotels in town. I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing that could have made it better is if the family pool was a bit larger and more geared toward littler kids if you have little ones in your group. Otherwise, it was fine. The water slides were a plus! We upgraded to a deluxe Go! room and it was pretty cool. The restaurants onsite were decent and the casinos were just right - not too big and overwhelming. It is also a great location with Ceasar's right across the street and walking distance to the Venetian, Paris, Mirage, and Treasure Island. And if you need a cab, it was so simple. There are signs directing you from the lobby to the taxi stand which is directly beneath it. You wait on line, and the staff gets you into a cab. I would recommend this hotel mainly for those without kids, but either group would be fine here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family