“Don't show up late”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wally World
“Don't show up late”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

When my husband and I arrived at the Flamingo it was a zoo! The parking was impossible to find, we actually had to call the hotel and someone had to walk us through where to enter the parking garage as construction was blocking the main entrance. There was 1 line for check in/out and about 20+ people in it, with only 2 associates at the desk. The reason that we didn't give this place a lesser rating was because we got upgraded to a spacious suite. It had double doors leading into it, 2 bathrooms, and a full size living/dining room. It was a very clean, comfortable stay for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cross_Country_Couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with Flamingo. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room.. We do apologize for the parking confusion and long wait at check-in. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,551)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
temecula, ca
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Rooms are nice, wood floors and decor is cute-hot pink accents. Bathrooms need revamping. The shower, floor and counter is old. In dire need of more counter space. The hotels offers many places for good eats. Very expensive, but you get fresh food. The adult pool is a lot of fun, good music and pretty atmosphere. The pool bar overcharged my credit card twice. Beware of the bartenders and keep all your receipts. Reserve your pool chairs early so you have somewhere to sleep and sunbathe. I will stay here again but will ask for a complete upgraded room.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank soniabags
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is an old hotel, however our room had been updated and over looked the pool. Comfortable bed and everything was clean. Pool was great I suggest you get there early as the seat get taken up quickly. Staff was very helpful and polite. I would stay here again for the price I was able to get. Upon checking in I would ask for a room over looking the pool. Casino is great as it is not over crowded and drink service tend to make their rounds fairly quickly!

Room Tip: Upon checking in I would ask for a room over looking the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Trenton H
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We recently spent one night at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. When our bus let us off at the door, we had to go into the building through the basement. Not a good first impression of the building. We found the elevator to take us to the lobby. As we were entering the elevator, the elevator doors closed on our luggage. (Most elevators have sensors that stop the doors from closing if anything or anyone is in the door, but apparently not these) The room was OK, but I kinda miss carpeting on the floor. We were on the 27th floor, but the music from outside (ground level) was so loud we had trouble getting to sleep. The drapes wouldn't close completely, so the sunshine woke us up very early. As we were leaving the hotel, the elevator doors again closed on our luggage before we could get it in the elevator. I seriously doubt that we'll ever stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LeeAnn E
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our entire experience at the Flamingo was a nightmare. First we had difficulty locating the parking entrance in the mist of 5 o'clock traffic. There were no courtesy signs navigating flamingo-goers. But at last we found it, parked and trekked to the lobby in the 109 degree dessert heat.

We check in with ease utilizing the self check in machine. When we get to our floor it reeked of filth. The carpet in the hallways was so incredibly dirty, probably years since they cleaned it last, most of it raised from moisture damage. This was the first major red flag. But we continued the journey to our room none the less. As soon as we walked in I noticed the place had neither been vacuumed, swept, wiped or much of anything.

The corner lamp looked as though it had been knocked over and trampled on before being placed on the dresser again. Dust and smudge marks on the TV. A significant amount of dirt, hair, and other debris on the floor and carpet. Then I sit on the bed and notice a film of gunk on the night stand that resembled human fluids. And then my husband told me there were semen stains on the curtains - yes folks, semen stains! It was about now when I said this is simply unacceptable when paying over $100 per night, I've seen far better rooms at a motel 6.

So I call customer service to report the status of the room, not only was the attendant rude but also uncaring. She said she would call maid service up. I asked for a partial refund for the inconvenience and to this she replied the casino would comp my hubby and I with a $30 casino credit. I asked when the maid would be up she replied "I don't know". This is when it became a customer service issue along with the cleanliness issue.

I asked to speak to the manager, only to be treated in the exact same way. She then forwarded me to the maid manager claiming perhaps she could better assist me with my problem. The maid manager said she didn't know what time the maids could come to the room that management should have offered me another room. So then I call the front desk again, demanded to speak to the manager because after an hour of being placed on hold and getting no where I was ready to lose my mind. As I'm trying to get a hold of Sandra (hotel manager of the century) the customer service attendant states that I could not be issued a new room since it was after five (we checked in around 5:30pm) and that I the manager had already offered to change my room which I declined (bold face lie left in the notes). When I finally got in touch with the manager she neither denied nor confirmed any of the information passed and insisted her hands were tied and there was NOTHING she could do.

After another 30 minutes of banter and more bull we were able to check out and receive a full refund for our 2 hour stay in hell.

We ended up staying at Rumor Boutique, which is off the strip, which was incredibly nice, clean, and had the friendliest staff!

IN SUMMARY: the flamingo offered us filthy rooms with filth and dirt all over - to include human matter (lube and idk what else on the night stand and semen on the curtains) and terrible customer service.

I have never spoken to a hotel manager that did not give a crap in the world to make your stay remotely comfortable - way to go Sandra!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank natalie j
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is old. This I knew going. However the pictures on the booking. Com website showed updated pretty rooms called "fab" rooms. There was NOTHING fab about this room. The end tables were falling apart. The bathroom was defiantly the original. The headboard (which the website showed as cushioned and new) was also the original. They put in a new couch and called the room re-modeled. The pool area was a joke. Packed to the brim with drunken people who just stood in clusters. I'm sure peeing where they stood!! Couldn't swim if we wanted or dared to go in. Only way to get a chair was to rent a cabana for $150. Per day!!! The hallway carpets were filthy and coming loose (lawsuit waiting to happen!!) and finally the blaring techno music blaring all night was heard on the 28th floor. So sad the flamingo should b ashamed of itself !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KathiB920
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear of your poor experience. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Flamingo for 7 nights. This was my third time in Vegas and I can say this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in on the strip. We had a room on one if the highest floors with an excellent view of Ceasar's. the room was clean, spacious and modern. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and thought it was good value. Unfortunately when we arrived after ten hours of flying we were greeted with a long queue at check in. I guess this can't be helped. The staff seemed efficient at checking people in so we didn't have to wait too long. The minimum bets on the tables are reasonable and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013