“Loved the ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Loved the ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went to Las Vegas for the very forst time in April. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, which was great but because it was off the strip we spent alot of time at other hotels (on the strip). My husband and I loved Flamingo's ambiance. It was a little paradise off of the hectic strip. The pool area was beautiful, the flamingo garden was wonderful with all different types of fish, birds, and waterfalls. We enjoyed the buffet. The 24 hr pass is well worth the cost. The hotel and casino was typical, but everythng else made this hotel a great escape. We didnt stay there this time but we are looking forward to staying there very soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank guest1183

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,863)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tinley Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We travel to Las Vegas 2 or 3 times per year and always stay at the Flamingo. The draw for us is the Host and front desk representation, as well as, the Total Rewards Program. The rooms are adequate but dated. The hallways and elevators definitely need work. The major downfall of the Flamingo is the parking garage - ridiculous! Between the Hilton, valet, and Hertz designated parking spots, it is near impossible to find a spot lower than the 5th level - IF THAT! What will parking be like once the Linq opens?????

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth E
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

FLAMINGO is a great place to stay, always have friendly employees that make you feel welcomed. Great slot and table game selection. Rooms are always clean and maintained. Highly recommend to choose The FLAMINGO for your next stay!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jesus R
Walnut Creek, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This place is shabby from the moment you walk in the door. Every thing looks run down and likes it's seen much better days. The room is old, the bathroom looks dirty, and the sheets have stains. Out in the hallway the carpet is filthy and bunching up for someone to trip over. The best touch was that the number badge outside my room is missing and they wrote in the number with a sharpie. If I could give zero stars I would. Will never stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brian L

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed on May 15-18 for a man trip.

The 6 of us shared 3 FAB rooms, and the price was right. I have always wanted to stay at this property due to the history, pool complex, and dining options. I'll break the review down by category:

Check In: Smooth. Platinum status allowed me to avoid a massive check-in line and head right for VIP. Only problem was, rooms were not all ready, and could only get two right next store. Nobody's fault, and I appreciate how attentive our clerk was.

Rooms: Pretty awful. I have zero expectations with luxury, but the bathroom was a disgrace. The faux wood did creep me out a little, but main room was clean. Bathrooms made it miserable. ZERO water pressure, and door is placed funny with respect to sink and toilet. Just annoying.

Casino: This is where they could have made up some ground, but the vibe in here was pitiful. Service lacked in all aspects, except for dealers and CW. These were fine. Compared to nearby properties, this casino looked like where people go to die.

Pool: Both stars given are due to pool experience. We got a cabana, and Katie, our host, was super attentive despite our obnoxious demeanor. Our server, Kimber, was also exceptional. They made us feel like VIPs, and were around constantly to check on us. The whole pool atmosphere was amazing.

Overall, I will not stay here again, even on a comp. I will, however, be doing my cabana service here again. Any questions, feel free to send me a DM.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank tone_loc20
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a return trip to the Flamingo. The location on the Strip is superb, right in the middle of it all & a straight shot from the sidewalk into the casino. We stayed in a "Go Room", worth the extra money, includes refrigerator & coffee maker. The room was very clean & the bed very comfortable. Unfortunately the weather was too cool to use the pool but it's always been just great.

Room Tip: Due to construction request a room facing the Strip on a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary C
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I usually write reviews with this question in mind "Was it good value for the money paid?". In the case of the Flamingo - I would say "no". I love vegas (this was my 9th visit) but was my first (and last) time I will stay at the Flamingo.

The good:
- staff were all super friendly!! (check in counter, pool, and bell desk were all amazing)
- great central location
- buffet food was good
- nice pools and grounds
- food court was convenient to get a quick bite
- housekeeping staff was very quick at getting in and out of our room.
- it was nice having a room fridge that we could stash some cold drinks in.

The bad
- We had to wait over an hour to check in. I always wonder why they don't have more staff at the check in counter - the casino can't make any money on me when I am standing in a line. Even though the wait took forever, we got a drink and made the best of it. The front desk staff were very friendly- but they could use more of them
- We "upgraded" to a Go room. Our shower head was broken (sprayed water all over the bathroom like the Bellagio's fountains!) and it took 2 phone calls (and 2 days!) to get it fixed. Not the end of the world, but was a bit disappointing since we actually paid more to upgrade to this room.
- The stereo didn't work. Again, not a dealbreaker but we did pay extra for a Go room.
- Lights in ourbathroom stopped working on the last day. Called and was told someone would be up in 20 mins but it was at least 2 hours (not sure when they actually came as we had gone out and they fixed it while we were out). They could do a better job of managing expectations - better not to overpromise and under deliver.
- I spoke to a manager about all these things and was given a $30 food credit as "a goodwill gesture". I was made me feel like I was being a difficult guest and felt like she didn't believe my compaints were real. Oh well, we used our credit for breakfast which was good :)
- Overall the rooms and hallways look worn, dirty and dated even though they're supposed to be newly upgraded. With all that was wrong with our room it gave me the feeling like regular maintenance is not being done.

Our stay at the Flamingo was "so-so". Vegas has plenty of hotel options so I will not be returning to the Flamingo.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a Go room. They aren't that great and you don't spend much time in y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple