We were in Las Vegas for a cheer competition from April 12th-15th 2013. I originally had booked a Marriott off the strip (I prefer to be in a smoke-free, casino-free environment when traveling with my kids) but instead of taking the whole family just my daughter, myself, and my mom traveled so at the request of my mom we booked on the strip. We basically chose the Flamingo because of the location and all of the pink :). There was a lot I liked and some things I didn't so I will break this into a pros and cons list.
LOCATION: Right off of Las Vegas BLVD and Flamingo Road made for easy access and a great central location! Walking distance to the Paris and Bellagio was awesome and super easy access to the Thomas & Mack Center at UNLV.
ROOM: Laminate floors were really nice! Comfortable bed. Floor to Ceiling windows. Quiet during the weekend.
FLAMINGO HABITAT: Loved this! Watching the swans, flamingos, ducks, koi, and cat fish was awesome (just wish it wasn't where everyone went to smoke)
DINING: We ate breakfast two of the three days at the hotel. The first morning we ate in the Tropical Cafe and the second at the breakfast buffet. Both were delicious and did not dissapoint!
BATHROOM: The room was lovely but the bathroom kind of skanky- I was not pleased with it at all!
ROOM LOCATION: The room was like 40 rooms from the elevator and it was a really long walk. We were also told we would have a pool view but we had a view of the roof.
NOISE: The room was very quiet- until Monday morning and I quickly realized why it had been so silent. Around 8 AM the room started shaking violently and a pounding noise from what I can only assume was a jack hammer pounded our ears for the next hour! It was horrible! We complained and they only gave a $20 refund- quite honestly I think the night should have been comped because we had stayed up late so we could sleep in and that was not possible.
NO CELL SERVICE: I had absolutely no cell service in the room- could not text, call, or get online. It was very frustrating as I do a lot of work on my phone and was there for a cheer competition so needed to be in contact with my daughters coach for time updates and what not. It drove me crazy!
PARKING: We were told self-service parking was the best bet by the man who checked us in. What a LIE!!!! There was never parking and valet was almost always full. The situation was a disaster!
All-in-all we had a clean comfortable room and the hotel has been maintained well but I will NEVER stay there again. First of all there are a ton of other hotels to try and this is just not worth a return trip. Instead of staying maybe just go check out the grounds and the breakfast buffet. Although the location was IDEAL so if you need a place on Las Vegas BLV and FLamingo Road but Ceasars, Bellagio and the Paris are out of budget then go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vegas.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo