This property has a bit of everything both good and bad. My wife and I spent a week in March and have the following comments and advice..
Good: Location. As many reviewers have said you really are right in the middle of everything and a short walk to the connected monorail station. The pool area is great and easily accessible with a nice walk throught the wildlife habitat. We had a GO Room (18096) with a good view of Caesar's and a direct line to the sunset in the evening. The Donnie and Marie decal on the building does obscure your view a little. The room is not huge but well laid out with a funky bathroom, good sound system, mini-fridge, large flat screen TV and a day bed. There is lots of storage for 2 people. I found the bed comfortable although a bit soft. Housekeeping and maintenance were above average. There was a minor issue with the HVAC that was fixed very quickly.
Not so good: Small vanity in the bathroom, small and uncomfortable pillows and the walls are on the thin side. While there are plenty of eateries we found most of the food to be sub-standard. The sub shop in the food court is good though. The slots and Blackjack tables were very tight. I know it's luck but how many 5 card 21's is a dealer allowed to get? There are no non-smoking areas in the casino.
Bad: $14 per day per device for internet access and more if you want it outside your room. It's a bit much to crow about no resort fees and then charge like this. The elevators on the north side of the building look terrible.
Overall, considering the location, price point and other positives we recommend this location depending on what you want out of Vegas. Don't come here to be spoiled and live in opulence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Vegas.com, Cancelon, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, BookIt.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo