“Don't take the shuttle from the airport!!” 3 of 5 stars

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #113 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't take the shuttle from the airport!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The shuttle drop off location is now a long way behind the hotel in a construction zone. You have to cross a couple of small streets to get to the lobby. It was very difficult for my teenage daughter and I to carry our heavy bags that far. Definitely take a taxi or executive shuttle from the airport if you are going to stay in the Flamingo.

I was here a few years ago and stayed in a suite because my husband was here on business and we were upgraded since he was in charge of bringing a large conference to the hotel. It was fabulous. Two bathrooms with tvs in the mirrors. Dining room & living room separate from bedroom. I absolutely loved it.

Fast forward a few years...yesterday I arrived and my daughter and I were dumped off in a construction zone with 3 heavy bags. By the time we made it to the crowded lobby and stood in line for check-in, I was in tears my back and arms were hurting so bad. I told the lady how difficult it was to get into the hotel and she apologized but obviously they don't warn guests in advance and don't really care how inconvenient it is. When I walked in the room, I was so disappointed. Very old, wooden headboards & dressers. Yucky looking room. I've seen nicer Motel 6s on the interstate. I called down to the desk and asked for a manager. Finally, they let me talk to a supervisor who said I was given the option at check-in to pay $30 more per night for an updated room. I was never offered that option. She said I could upgrade for $20 per night. After all the hassle, all I really wanted to do was cancel my reservation. She said it would be a $50 fee to do that. I asked to talk to her manager and she put me on hold. She came back and said the manager is busy but we won't charge you if you leave now. Very poor customer service by the guest services supervisor. Physically, my daughter and I couldn't lug the heavy bags to another hotel so I went down and paid the extra $20 per night for a better room. We were moved to a GO room and I am happy with it. BUT we are checking out 3 nights early to stay in the Bellagio.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kerse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,981)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This review is for the Fab Luxury rooms. Our room was overlooking the strip so no complaints about the view. There was some street noise, but a fair trade off in my opinion. The colour scheme is ok and these rooms have the faux wood floor, something I prefer over the carpet. Bathroom is big and unremarkable. The room was presented clean and the housekeeping was mostly finished by early pm. The location can't be beaten, even with a bit of construction around, I mean for the bargain price it's hard to nitpick. 2 issues that stop me from giving it 5 stars are the timeshare snails that attack you when you catch the lifts to and from your room (an unfortunate part of Caesars Ent group hotels) and the lousy one device only per room Internet connection, poor. Overall I'd happily stay here again I'd just bring salt to throw at the snails.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank McGeepers
Santa Paula, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Instead of a cruise come stay at the Flamingo: per Canadian relatives on an annual flight from snow. Gardens and animal preserve! you'd swear you were on an island. Pool laps in the morning in kiddie pool were warm and uncrowded. Adult pool with two waterfalls-cabana service was well worth paying for as we needed a large spot with seats; and drinks and meals are available with stewards. Buy the man-buckets of brew, cost savings. Ate at buffet-it was of medium variety-cafe meal with good value, and our room was a pleasant surprise-a suite for a reasonable price,even for St. Paddy's weekend. Room: luxurious couch/chair set were velvety, comfortable. TV channels induce one to leave room...but I liked the large screen TV and armoire; around the corner a king bed, and more storage. Some improvements needed: it is an older place and has some ring-a-ding-dings and dents to fix. Paint and patch needed (hot Pepto pink seems flamingo-ey... Beige? in 2013, there are amazing designs rather than the 1980s paint scheme). Our room sink did not plug, same with the tub, fan in bathroom did not work. There was no facial tissue until I asked from the maid; same with the Las Vegas entertainment magazine. Elevators; ew. Look at the doors, then look away. We navigated home via the maze of the 24th floor via beer cans left on top of the fire extinguishers by guests. Likely some take the Hangover movie behavior thing to heart, even the gift shops have tee shirts in honor of that riotous weekend.They have a Margaritaville in here!!! we stayed in this complex for a lovely two days. Grrr, the pirate machine got my cash, I'll be baaack.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bugnurse56
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Check in was fast. we didn't have to wait on line at all since we had the rewards card. Definately worth it to get one. We stayed in 2 fab deluxe rooms that were remodeled. I liked the laminate flooring, it's better than a dirty rug. The rooms and bathrooms were decent, not new but clean. One of our rooms was a little nicer than the other. We requested that both rooms be on the same floor. They told us they were not close together but we didn't think anything of it since they were on the same floor, boy were we wrong. It took us about 10 minutes, turning down one corridor then the next, to get to the other room! The best part of the hotel is the location. It is not too far of a walk to the other casinos.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NJ4
cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

just come back from a 7 night stay at the flamingo hotel las vegas arrived late in the afternoon must have took all of 10 minutes to check in and i must say each time came past the checking in area it was always quiet so we must miss the VERY large ques when we walked past. Right we were booked into a GO room 18th floor over looking the belagio fountains great room clean and comfortable, could not fault the cleaners they were there every day and the one day when i was not feeling to grand we had a message from hotel asking if we needed our room servicing. Yes the casino did get a bit stuffy and smokey comp to other hotel casinos although saying this we did notice that since the last time there in 2010 the amount of people that are smoking is lessening which can't be a bad thing. Now the pools the GO pool is a far nicer place to be for just relaxing same music as the bigger pool but with the added KID factor went to the bigger pool as it just opened on the friday before coming home it's ok if you want to just pose getting a bed was a bit difficult if you were'nt down by at least 11am security ws a bit strict especially with bags and food items but you could bring in a coffee ?? GO FIGURES ??. Yes again other people were right about the lifts they do need to be cleaned more often but no matter your only in it a short while if your lucky and don't stop at nearly every floor....LOL and another bonus for this hotel it is right in the MIDDLE of the strip
We both love Las Vegas third time there and it still captures my mind

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank craig g
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at Flamingo March 20-20 2013 during March madness. The hotel was very clean and couldn't ask for a better location. The pool and garden was amazing with real flamingos and fish. The buffet was average. MGM and Wynn buffet was better.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hot water took awhile to heat up and the view was overlooking the garden and pool area.
If you are the person who likes to be in the middle of things then Flamingo is for you. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank medic72
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were very impressed with our stay at The Flamingo FEb 26-March 7. The lady who registered us was very accommodating. She was able to meet and surpass our needs
Our room was excellent. We were so surprised and happy not to have carpet in the room. It looked so fresh and clean with the vinyl plank flooring. The view overlooking the gardens was beautiful . Every body we had contact with were very helpful and considerate. Thank you .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple