“Nice hotel, great location!!”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #115 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice hotel, great location!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was hesitant to stay at this hotel but it was great! It has an amazing location on the strip, you are right in the middle of the action! The rooms were nice. Clean, pretty big, very comfy beds. They had hardwood floors and the bathrooms had lots of counter space. It may not be as fancy as some of the other hotels nearby but it's still a nice place to stay and a great deal for the price/location. Very nice pool as well although not enough chairs by the pool.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,043)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oregon
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My stay didn't start off well... I waited in the check-in line for 35 min. and the line was long throughout my stay as I would check it every time I was in the area. After Check-In, I went up to my room only to walk in on a couple having fun in bed. I quickly appoligized and closed the door (always lock your room door from the inside LOL). Then it was back to the registration desk. Not willing to wait in line for another 35 min. for their mistake, I went to the VIP line and only waited a few min. They did give me an empty room on their second try. I used express check-out and it did not show my one room service charge. It did show on the statement they emailed me. I can't complain about the price as my room was comped for my 4 night stay. Being a guy the room was ok for me by myself. I would not stay here if I had brought a girlfriend along. There weren't any extras in the room. No coffee maker, refer, bottled water, etc. I called customer service to see if they could bring a coffee maker up and was told that some rooms had built-in coffee makers and they don't furnish them for the other rooms. The bathroom was clean but the rest of the room looked as if they forgot to vacum it. There was lots of food crumbs under the desk and other little things on the floor. The bed was clean and comfortable. Free TV channels were limited to a few. I play mostly Craps and Keno. The Craps Crews and Keno Writters were great. It was fun to gamble at the Flamingo. I probably won't stay at the Hotel again even with comped rooms as it looks as if they were under staffed and that hurt their customer service wait times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Albany, New York, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm sure 20 years ago this place was amazing, but now not so much. Yes, the location is perfect on the strip and we got a great price, but the noise from the construction next door was horrible. Every morning at 6am you could hear the clear "beeps" of multiple construction trucks backing up. We were on the north side of the building- avoid at all cost. In general, the hotel is just showing its age. Rooms are redone, but bathrooms weren't. The carpets in the hallway were horrible. There are better options...

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Les Cedres, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Please read what I thought about Las Vegas and see pictures. Hopefully my review will be helpful.

We booked at the Flamingo on a 'friends and family discount'. I would have never paid the full price for the room we were in. It wasn't bad but nothing fancy either. Check-in was a bit long. *Nothing is free in Vegas, keep this in mind...

LOCATION:
Perfectly right in the middle of the strip near malls, stores, and neighbor casinos like Paris, Quad, Caesar's, Bellagio.

ROOM:
Flat screen, booked a single king but apparently there weren't any left at check-in so we got two queen beds. Average room, nothing fancy. Bed comfortable and pillows okay.

$$$:
Meals are costly, one buffet meal was $25 at the Flamingo! There was a food court in the hotel and Denny's/McDonald's close by as well so we avoided the costly meals though treated ourselves a couple times.

SLOTS:
We won the most on the penny machines. If I was up by $5 I would cash out and put that coupon in another machine. When it grew by another $5 or $8 so I repeated the same. We pretty much broke even or used the money to pay for meals.

DRINKS:
Always expensive UNLESS you are at a table or slot machine and any drink is free. Waitresses come by and $1 tip works fine :) If you go to the bar a rum&coke and bottled American beer will set you back $17!! Play the penny slots slowly and you'll see a waitress pass by. I decided to fill our ice bucket with ice cubes and put them into the glasses offered in the rooms (or keep a cup from the food court). Within a few hours I had free water YAY I used it often in case I became thirsty overnight or I'd have to pay big time for a bottle.

STORES:
There are stores in the Flamingo but the items are expensive. In the Planet Hollywood mall nearby there are plenty of stores that sell all kinds of souvenirs for much cheaper. There are high end stores in the Caesar's Palace like Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co. etc.

SHOW:
You must see a show there, they're wonderful! My husband and I saw Cirque de Soleil 'Mystere' it was AMAZING! I booked through

We picked seats 6 & 7 in section 202 row GG. Not nose bleed or right in front. Paid $150 for both which I heard was a good deal. All seats at Treasure Island weren't far from the stage. Fantastic show, talent, sounds and colors- I highly recommend. Treasure Island was a 10/15 minute walk from Flamingo.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Very poor. I had an incident where we checked out and I forgot my 2 piece bathing suit hanging on the faucet and spout in the bathtub. I quickly realized it and went back. I went to the VIP check-in because the other line was long. They sent me to Lost and Found, it wasn't there. Then L&F told me to go to see the room, as I was still checked in according to their computers but the room was made and it was gone. I looked at the Maid's paper (as his kart was still on the same floor) and found out who cleaned our room. He was on lunch (of course!) so I waited for his return (which was later than scheduled). He wasn't sure what happened to it. Maybe it was tossed out, maybe it was mixed with the laundry/towels. Um, what? I went back to the VIP check-in and was a little angry because I ran around and couldn't find it. I told them I was willing to go through garbage and sheets because I really wanted it back. They offered to call Lost and Found, BEEN THERE! So they couldn't help me at all, I wasn't a high roller, who cares. I tried speaking to a higher positioned person but I didn't get far. I was told that at 2pm some big boss would be there who I could speak to. I show at 2pm (to their surprise) and spoke to Megan Kane, who wore the exact same clothes and position tag as the others. She was so USELESS and POOR at service. She treated me like a child (happens a lot as I'm a young adult but when my parents are present attitude always changes). I asked her if she was okay/cared knowing that I was leaving as a dissatisfied customer. Over and over she wouldn't say yes or no. She only said that she couldn't further help me and to have a good day. All I wanted was my bathing suit back and since they wouldn't let me look for it some compensation would be nice but I got squat. Waiting for security to file a report, I noticed them all behind the counter treating the high rollers like kings and queens. Complementing them on their clothing, offering complementary campaign. But a few bucks or discount off my stay couldn't happen.. okay sure! I told Megan what goes around comes around.

It's truly amazing that throughout the whole casino/hotel you are being watched by hundreds of cameras every second to make sure you aren't cheating, stealing, being wrongful however come the other way around and I couldn't be helped for my bathing suit. So long Flamingo!

For four days it was a costly trip, we much rather an all inclusive where we can get food/drinks when we want and not be ridiculously charged.

Las Vegas was fun, lots of lights, glam and great shows but we won't be back for a while.

Room Tip: We were in room 5039, 5th floor, view of the back, spa elevators
1 Thank Kate I
Missoula, MT
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My high school friend and I decided to have a 5 day girls week in Vegas. We chose the Flamingo for it's central location. It is right on the monorail line although you do have to walk a way from the hotel to get there.

Our room was older but the linens were clean and I liked that that the flooring was laminate wood with a rug rather than old dirty carpeting.

The bathroom had cracked tile and a dripping faucet from the base. The shower curtain had a brown smudge on it that matched up the the toilet flusher. That was a put off. Otherwise the room was pretty clean.

I had read in other Trip Advisor reviews that it was noisy and that they would allow us to request a quiet part if the hotel so I did. We were on the 8th floor in the Spa section. It was quiet and had a mediocre view. Our room was the base level so it wasn't bad.

We gambled a lot in their Margaritaville Casino and found the dealers mostly fun and informative. It smelled like they pumped in suntan lotion smell which I loved.

The outdoor area was very nice and I enjoyed the tropical feel an the live flamingos and koi fish.

There were quite a few places we could eat there and did. We went to Carlos and Charlie's which is a Mexican restaurant with some great juggling bartenders. They also have Johnny Rockets and some other places. I won twice doing penny slots. I gambled $5 and won $98 and another time won $22.

Overall, I found the Flamingo to be a nice place on a budget. My husband and u are going back in June but we will probably look for something a little nicer that time.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RenieT3
Avon, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had several problems this trip to Las Vegas with the Flamingo! Check at 1 a. m. took almost an hour.. Got to room, TV would not change channels from menu screen. Toilet would run after every other flush. NO HOT WATER IN SHOWER!!! NEW RESORT FEES!! They cost us almost double the price of the booking cost! All hotels have them now but the way the informed us was crazy... So if you book on a site such as Expedia, its 18.99 per day. If you book through the hotel, apparently is only 13.99 per day!! What a rip off! I have stayed at the Flamingo several times, but this was the last time!~ Check in date 3-11-13 check out date 3-13-13

Room Tip: Stay at The Quad, its right where O'sheas's used to be!! Tables were a blast to play at. All...
Candiac, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived at the Hotel with about 100 people in line waiting to check in... Once we checked in we went to our room which was a very long walk. Elevator area was old and the elevator cabin was even older. Once arrived on our floor 16th we had another long walk to the room. We opened the door and saw that it was renovated but only not finished? The floor covering was changed the walls painted and they added a strange bench that was usefull to place the luggage only, but terrible as a seat to watch TV. Yhey had only 1 simple chair to sit on so the bed was our seating at the end of the day to watch TV. Room service was good but they always forgot, facecloths some days and would have 1 glass some days in the wasroom. While taking a shower the water would build up as the drain was not working well and you could see a vent next to the shower head with dirt/dust all over the vents ;-( not really nice to view during a shower. Oh and a small fridge that was in the basement that they brought out. The beds were fine but lots of noise from construction next door at all hours of the day and night All in all this was a very run down Vegas hotel needing attention..

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of Hotel with no construction outside