“Wait until the rooms are completely Renovated”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #122 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Wait until the rooms are completely Renovated”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Flamingo 2 weeks ago for the weekend. The check-in was fairly fast, the location is perfect and the pricing was very competitive. However this will be my only 3 positive attributes in regards to this experience.
PARKING: We pulled up at 8pm on Friday night and the Valet was full so we had to self-park. Not only was this annoying but to make it beyond frustrating the only parking avaialbel in the parking structure was a t the top roof level. The elevator does not even go up that high so we had to drag our bags down a couple flights of stairs to get to a packed elevator.
ROOM: The flamingo is currently being renovated and i have no doubts that rooms are great. However, we unfortunatley did not get hte room we reserved and ended up on the half of the non-renovated part of the hotel. To make matters worse when I checked in the Attendent told me to take the Habitat elevators whcih was WRONG! Between the Habitat elevators and the SPA Elvators is where the renovations are taking place and I would not be able to reach my room for the set of elevators she told me to use. So We ahd to walkt all the waty back through the casino, i had to verify at the front ddesk and then head to the opposite side of elevators to get to the right area. This is not pleasant when yiur dragging all your bags with you. The Folamingo reps I spoke to did not even apologize or anything for me being misguided this entire time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cyn2020

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,918)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Flamingo from February 17th to the 21st 2013,we booked 2 rooms, it is a mix of bussiness and pleasure trip, we always choose the Flamingo (6times) for the location, right in the middle of the strip which is just a walking distance to everything!! There is also a monorail stop so no reason to run around plus the bus stop is right outside.Love the garden with all the wild birds, of course there are flamingos :-) . Rooms are comfortable clean but we do not worry much about it as we do not spend too much time in the room.If you plan to visit Vegas check out the historic Flamingo a little bit of old and new makes it great stay!! Spend your money on shopping or gambling and get to stay in the heart of Vegas!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Between me and my husband, we've been to Las Vegas about a dozen times. We've always stayed at different resorts, simply out of curiosity. The last time we were in Vegas in 2010, we agreed that the next time we went to Vegas we'd have to check out Flamingo because we love their casino so much. So, when we planned our wedding in Vegas in October 2012, we decided to check out Flamingo! We stayed in a GO Suite (only because we were getting married) and we put our guests up in Deluxe rooms. We LOVED IT, but our guests in the Deluxe rooms were less enthused. Can't please everyone I guess. They complained about the size and the lack of lustre. My recommendation, spend the extra money for a GO room...not necessarily a suite, but a GO room...it'll give you that extra pizzazz. I loved how much energy the resort had. The pool is very nice, but fills up quickly so get out early! The restaurants are endless and the cafe in the front foyer makes a decent cup of joe. The location is just perfect. This may not be the hotel for everyone...if you'd prefer luxury and up-to-date decor, you're going to have to up the ante by spending some bucks on a room that you'll spend sleeping and showering in. In Vegas, all I care about is location, cleanliness & comfort because I'd rather spend my money on the tables or a show. Both my husband and I would definitely stay at Flamingo again. :)

Room Tip: Try to book a room facing the back of the hotel ('the pool)...it's quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BCmo
Winnipeg
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in a Fab room last week. Nicely renovated, no carpet which was great. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was not renovated but was clean. Paid about $25/night so it was worth the price. Was a bit upset as I had been told that 1 pool was heated and open year round as well as a nice big hot tub. Well, when we arrived we were told that the pools were seasonal so not open, neither was the hot tub. Not pleased, no staff at the Flamingo seemed too concerned that we were not pleased. Consider that poor customer service. The walls between rooms are thin but you cannot here above or below you. Security is good, when there was a lot of noise on the floor late at night security came up immediately. Unfortunately with the Flamingo smack between 2 hotels undergoing renovations, not a great walking area late at night. Not sure if I would stay there again, but it was not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Strip view rooms have great views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Got robbed of all our valuables in the middle of the night. Got no response from security staff. No cameras in corridors to aid the investigation. Sub standard rooms..no fridge/coffee. Had car keys stolen. No aid to validate cars leaving the parking lot and so had to stand next to the car in the shivering cold.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Biren B

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked on caesars.com and spent 4 nights at the Flamingo for $39 a night. I am sure there is nicer hotels on the strip but at the end of the day I wasnt in Vegas to sit in my room. The rooms had comfortable beds and were clean. I stayed in an fab room but I did get to see a go room. the bathroom in the fab room was very small but other than that my room was every bit as nice or nicer than the go room. I'm not sure if the A/C in the fab room works or if it even exists so it was warm on the top floor

Room Tip: I was there in January but if you are there in the heat of the summer you may want to avoid a top fl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We usually stay at the Flamingo when in Vegas. Great prices for the location, right in the main part of the Strip, across from Ceasars Palace. Rooms are updated, variety of restaurants (a little pricey in our opinion,but it's Vegas! (We can remember when it was CHEAP to eat in Vegas!!) Overall, will definitely stay there again...

Room Tip: We were first room around the corner from elevator, and it sounded like chairs or tables being scoot...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends