“excellant trip to Vegas”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #117 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Troy, Michigan
“excellant trip to Vegas”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Decided to take trip to Vegas around Christmas. As usual I stayed at the Flamingo because of its central location. Check in was quick and easy. No long lines and friendly clerks. Stayed in a Fab room. Spacious room with laminate floors and king bed. Enjoyed the food court and Terrace Cafe. While the weather was cool, just being in the mist of all the casinos in the middle of the strip was fantastic. Casino was as good as always, espeially Margaritaville casino. Will come back when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank taharshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at the Flamingo in January 2013. My friend and I were given a room in the older, non-upgraded side of the hotel, but on the 27th floor (right below the penthouse). The view was absolutely incredible, especially at night. We looked out over Caesar's Palace and could see the water shows at the Bellagio. The room itself was fairly standard, although neat and clean. The bathroom was small and could definitely use some some upgrading. I had the opportunity to see one of the upgraded rooms on the other side of the hotel while I was there (the 'spa' side), and it was incredible. Frosted glass privacy doors, beautiful sinks, stand alone shower stalls...I'd highly recommend getting a room on that side if you can. The hotel location is extremely convenient--right across from Caesar's and next door to Harrah's. The hotel has several bars and restaurants (including a food court--get a shake at Johnny Rocket's and pizza and you'll be in dairy overdose heaven), as well as a mini market. Other than the small bathroom in my room, I'd say my only (minor) complaint is that it takes forever to get an elevator. And if you stay on one of the upper floors like I did, expect to stop on 10 floors before you get to yours--the elevators are always crowded. But I suppose that's a typical problem of Vegas hotels on the strip. Overall, great place to stay and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 'spa' side--from what I was able to tell, those are the upgraded ones with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ventura, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Flamingo's claim to fame is that it was not built on The Strip-The Strip was built around it. This is one of its best features-the location. It is opposite Caesars Palace and close to the awesome Bellagio dancing fountains (my favorite sight). The interior is bright and pleasant and the rooms are updated and comfortable. The price, given this central location was great. My big complaint is with guest services. We booked adjoining rooms for a family trip and only one room was ready by 5:00pm (already an hour past check-in). When we called guest services they were curt and unhelpful. By 7:00 (after going out for some dinner) we finally got a manager involved who discovered that the room had been ready all along but their computer was reading it as not cleaned. Hence the low score for service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location! It's totally worth the extra money to upgrade to a go-room which has been remodeled and is great for the price. If your looking for luxury you won't find it here, but if your looking for good service, great location, and a clean room at a fair price look no further!

• Stayed November 2012
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the third time that my husband and I have stayed at the Flamingo over the past 10 years, and this was definitely the best that I have ever seen it there. It is clear that they have put some money into upgrading the facilities.

Our room's view was out the back of the hotel, which was great because you could see the mountains - really beautiful. The room had a TV in the bathroom (built into the mirro), which I have never experienced before, but it was nice, because it was playoff football weekend, so we had games playing while we were getting ready to go out.

Love the location on the strip. There is plenty of fun to be had on the Flamingo "campus" but you can also head in any direction to find other places to explore.

Worked out 1 day in the spa. The one thing I would suggest to them is that they upgrade the ellitptical machines - they were not great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for the second half of my CES trip. Very convenient to get to the convention center via the monorail. Rooms are very worn. Stayed in a Go Room. Frosted glass to the bathroom was weird - translucent so not exactly private. Did not eat here - went across the street to Caesars to eat - better food options. Only annoyance was that the front desk charged the credit card i had on file when i checked out without asking me first. This is the first time this has happened. Every hotel I have ever stayed at has always asked me first at checkout.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed January 23, 2013

On our previous trip and 1st time at Flamingo, we had a domestic disturbance next door and because we could not get through to the front desk we had to call the police and due to the lack of concern and follow up for our safety, I complained to security. We were never offered to move to another room and not even a follow up call to check to see if we were ok. After complaining upon our return, a wonderful manager, George, contacted me and promised to make our next stay much better. At that point we had not intention of returning to the Flamingo. But due to George's offer we came back Dec 20-25 and were comped a very nice Go Mini Suite with a beautiful view of the Bellagio Fountains. We had a very nice stay and the suite was a nice touch since these rooms are very large and much quieter due to the bed room area being set back in the room. I have little to complain about except we still had problems getting through to the front desk and never did actually and we were told one evening there was no parking even at the valet for hotel guests which was very frustrating at 2 AM. The hotel clearly needs to provide enough parking for it's guests. I am not sure we will stay at the Flamingo again, but the room was a nice touch. I would recommend if you get a GO room only and a suite is preferable, but the price needs to be right. This is an older property and while they struggle to keep the updates the age does show in the casino and the hallways. I am going to give it a 4 star rating due to the fabulous room and the comp, but had we paid, it would be 3 stars. Thank you again George!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple