Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
travelup.com
$146
View deal
Traveluro
Travelocity
45,136 results
All reviews bathroom mirror high roller strip view food court bellagio fountains great location on the strip margaritaville vegas habitat casino gambling las action dealers slots shows monorail
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Flamingo is not the swankiest place on the strip. Depending on your room type, some of them can be a little worn. Most of them are in great shape and I've always found it clean. The best part is the staff. I've stayed at a lot of places on the strip and this is by far my favorite staff. As with most places on the strip, it's a diverse crowd but might slightly skew a bit older. Not geriatric, but a tad older.

Room tip: ask for a room away from the strip if you want a quiet experience.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at Flamingo for 4 nights over the New Year’s week. I could not believe they charged over 10 times as much for NYE night for the same room as what we paid the remaining 3 nights ($365 vs. $35??). But all hotels in Vegas do that, so it was expected. Our dissatisfaction started when we went to go check-in around 11am. Now I know check-in isn’t until 3 or 4pm, but I’ve never had a problem checking in early at a hotel before. We were told they did have a room available for us at that time but if we wanted to check in early, it was $40. Although I did not want to pay that, we did only because we both wanted to freshen up from our 5 hour flight before we hit the strip. I was debating all afternoon If it was worth it or not, but once we saw how long the check-in line was at 4pm, it was well worth the $40 to not be stuck in line for hours. If they have rooms available, they should offer them on a first come first serve basis instead of bleeding more money from you.

We were given a room on the 6th floor which was a strip view to our surprise. Although it would have been nice to be up higher, we were still satisfied with our view. If the windows wouldn’t have been filthy dirty, the view would have been much better. We were in a newly renovated room (new flooring, new bedding, new curtains and a flat screen TV) but it’s a stretch to call this room totally updated. The furniture looked like it had gone through hell and back (gouges and dents all over), walls and ceiling was dirty looking with stains/uneven paint and the bathroom was very tiny with only a new mirror and vanity top. The tiled floor and shower was disgusting in the bathroom. A couple other things that irked us about the room was there was no alarm clock and you couldn’t control the temp of your room yourself. It was set at 69 degrees the whole stay, which was too warm for my tastes. There was also no mini fridge or coffee maker, but I knew this ahead of time. A few other things that were not to our satisfaction were:

•Vending machines on our floor were never stocked for our entire stay.
•Prices of drinks are ridicules. $7 for a bottle of budlight. I know this is Vegas but that’s a crazy price to charge.
•Elevators were slloooowwww and half of them were broken down at any given time. Plan on giving yourself an extra 10-15 mins to get anywhere to account for the elevators.
•Had the worst service I’ve ever had at a restaurant before at the Mexican Restaurant there (Carlos something or other).
•All elevators were broken one night when we returned. Good thing we were only on 6th floor!
•Escalators were broken the day we left so had to carry our 50lb luggage down the steps to the ground level.
•The maids do not knock before barging into your room to clean it. It’s a good thing we remembered to latch the chain on the door before going to bed each night, otherwise they would have walked in us sleeping, showering, changing clothes, etc. several times during our stay. Our “do not disturb” tag went missing from the door our first day. Regardless, I find it appalling that the maids would not knock first before entering a room with their key.

Overall it’s an aging hotel that instead of doing a total renovation, they’ve just slapped some bandaids on things. Yes the location is great, but due to the MANY issues we encountered during our stay, I will not be back and cannot recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank gogreenspartans
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The flamingo is the oldest hotel on the strip but they have renovated it and it doesn't feel old. Check in was quick and easy. What I loved about this hotel is that theres alot to do but it is not huge where you have to walk a mile to your room. We were in the Spa tower and it was very Convenient to the monorail. The location of the hotel was great, which if you have been to Vegas you will understand because you don't want to walk far to your hotel. The room was nice but nothing overally special. The bathroom seeemed a little older than the rest of the room but it wasn't bad. Great value and I loved that you could get a discount for being a total rewards member and no resort fees :) I won't stay anywhere else in Las Vegas!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel has seen better days. The accomodations and facility were decent, but not great. The price of the hotel was fair. I highly recomend the pool. The buffet was not to bad, but the not the greatest.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a Fab Deluxe Room for just around $45 per night. My understanding was that this would be one of their better rooms, but I found it very hard understanding their room categories when making the reservation. After a $19 (including tips) taxi drive from the airport, I stood in line for about 15 minutes to check in, and was told that I had been upgraded to a "junior suite".

Normally this would be good news, but my room was on the 4th floor with no view whatsoever (not that a view would matter much as the windows are so dirty). A junior suite meant that I had two large rooms, but my bedroom had no windows nor a TV. The TV was in the main room, and it was an old box that I did not turn on even once during my stay. While the rooms are incredibly dark, it's probably a good thing as you don't realize how dirty it is. The desk chair, however, had lots of stains from the several decades of activity it has witnessed while in this little cell of mine. I put a couple of towels over it and tried not to think about the body fluids hiding in the chair.

On a positive note, the internet speed is extremely quick, and I don't mind paying $15 per day to enjoy it as I can expense it. Charging for internet is of course a ridiculous concept, but there's no way around it in Vegas unless you bring your own wi-fi somehow. I only stayed at the Flamingo as the nearby Ceasars was sold out, and I was attending a conference at Ceasars.

Room tip: Ask on check-in for a refurnished room. Apparently there are some that have been refurnished, and I definitely did not get one. Flat screen TVs should be a sign that the room has been refurnished, so that is one thing to ask for. Also, it is a rather big property, so you may inquire for a room that is not located too far from whatever area of the hotel that you're interested in.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business