We came to Las Vegas for the New Year's Eve fireworks and the Flamingo was a wonderful fit.
The location is right in the heart of the Strip, across from the Bellagio and Ceasar's and very close to Mirage, Paris and Venetian. While it does not have some of the amenities of the luxury hotels (we could have used a business center with fax at one point) our standard room was clean, spacious, pretty and budget-friendly. Beds were sufficient but not dreamy!
The crowds were larger than usual because of the holiday, but the hotel did a nice job of handling the crush. Check-in lines were long, but the staff was efficient. The casino and lobby were always clean.
The only downside for us was parking. The parking garage was full, but a valet directed us to the garage at Bill's Casino next door.
We had a problem with noise in the hallway one morning - a child running up and down the hall screaming. That isn't the hotel's fault, of course, it's the fault of the parents, but it was disruptive and perhaps reflective of the guests.
Elevators (the doors) have taken a beating and look a little shabby, but other than that the Flamingo is in good shape and attractive.
If you want a pleasant, comfortable room at a reasonable price that is close to everything, this is a great choice. We easily walked to shows at the Mirage and Bellagio, as well as restaurants at Paris. This is a great choice if you like to get out of your hotel and spend time on the Strip.
There isn't a better spot on New Year's Eve. We stood outside the Flamingo and watched the fireworks displays at Ceasar's, Paris, and Cosmopolitan without paying those hotels' prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Vegas.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo