Our separate review of the Flamingo wedding is posted in the Attractions area.
We booked rooms for ourselves and our 16 guests at the Flamingo for convenience and price. The rooms are somewhat remodeled, but be careful. It's hard to know beforehand which rooms are better deals than others. For example, we were given an "upgraded" room with our wedding package, and we felt so lucky. Only to find out later that our guests, were accommodated with much nicer rooms at much less cost. In fact, our room on the 28th floor was the oldest and dreariest of all of the 9 rooms we booked and paid for. The rooms for our guests were on all different floors, as the hotel staff refused to put them near one another. My mother-in-law truly needed to have a room near an elevator, and even though I specifically requested that for her, they put her as far away from an elevator that one could get.
Floor 28 room wasn't worth the extra money.
Floor 15 had somewhat updated rooms, and were a much better value, but the hallway smelled like a dog park.
Floor 5 rooms were nice, updated and clean.
I'm not a huge fan of Vegas "views," but all rooms seemed to have some kind of a view of lights, garden or pool.
Hotel staff is sorely lacking in service-oriented attitude. It is not an exaggeration that the room the counter woman assigned to my mother in law could not have been more inappropriate given the information provided on MIL's ability to walk long distances. I wonder what the counter woman would feel like if she had two bad hips and 79 years of walking, and somebody gave her the farthest room from the elevator that they possibly could.
Our "upgraded" room's bathroom was dingy to say the least, and there was hair on the floor and in the tub. Gross. Also, the fire alarm on our floor went off for approx 10 min at 3 AM. If I wanted the Freemont Street "experience," I would have saved lots of money per night.
We booked our rooms almost a month prior via smartervegas, and a couple of times every day thereafter, we checked the prices. Prices fluctuated from $45 to $125 over that month, and our rates averaged out to approx $60 per person per night. It was odd to see prices change drastically over the course of a few hours on any given day, and we wondered what system they use to determine pricing.
Finally, the casino area offers your usual games, but an additional component that cannot be ignored is the "cage" dancer. There are hopelessly bored, scantily clad females peppering the gaming areas who move slightly to the loud music. This detail alone caused our family to leave the Flamingo gaming area and head elsewhere to spend our money. I can appreciate a Vegas hotel/casino trying to capitalize on the history of burlesque dancers in Vegas, but it would have been better for us if they relegated it to paid shows only so customers have a choice other than leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Vegas.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo