We just stayed at The Flamingo from 11/25 - 28 and I've been debating over whether to post a re-re-review. This is our third stay in a Go room in just over 2 years and I know my judgement is clouded as we stayed three prior nights at the Rush Tower at Golden Nugget. Sadly, the Go room can't even come close, but it's not a fair comparison.
Going to a "Go" room from a Rush Tower room was like moving from a a NICE Hilton to a modest La Quinta. The two are not in the same category, but I'll try to be fair.
We were on the 19th floor, just down the hall from the Atrium elevators. Close enough for convenience, far enough to miss the big crowds at the main elevators up front, which meant no waiting in elevator lines. Also, we were high enough up to miss the road noise from LV Blvd. Location was perfect.
The room was ... spacious enough and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Big screen TV, coffee maker, refrigerator, DVD player, MP3 conections, TV in mirror in bathroom, ... lots of extras. In short, it was very comfortable and a GREAT deal. No, make that a FANTASTIC deal. $31 a night through cheapovegas website. (I am a scrounger for deals.) So for the price, it was actually better than I should have expected.
But here's the deal; The decor is just soooo .... Liberace. Pink, gold, white, patent leather, etc... Sorry Flamingo, but it's just a bit "Depeche Mode". (Translation - out of style). To be fair, at 4 am, who cares? And maintenance seems to be a bit lacking; Sink drained slowly, bathroom TV was sketchy, and the furniture is looking a little worn. The hallway carpets look pretty rough, but they're apparently clean, as they don't smell bad. And the elevators could REALLY use a little brass polisth.
The thng is, the location is perfect. It's almost dead center of the strip, you can get to valet from the front or miss the traffic and drive in from back alley off of Flamingo. The valets were (in my opinion) lightning fast and the only time we had to wait was when they were slammed with all four lanes filled.
Go out the back and through the parking lot and you're at the Bally's crosswalk. Harrah's is two doors down, Imperial Palace - uh I mean "The Quad" is ... gross. Don't go there. Cross LV Blvd and you're at Ceasars or Bellagio, and City Centre, Paris, etc...
On top of all of that, NO RESORT FEES!!! Resort fees are completely ridiculous. Personally, I won't stay at a resort that charges them - period, It's just a dishonest way of pumping up the rate.
If you're looking for a pristine, flawless, beautiful hotel room, the Flamingo may not be for you. If you want a great price, a great night's sleep and a great location - don't miss it. I'll almost certainly be back, but may try the Fab room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, getaroom.com, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo