“Great Location”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #120 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Flamingo the end of August in a Fab Luxury Room.. The hotel does not compare to any other on the strip as far as impressive, but if you are going there to spend minimal time in your room there's nothing like it. It's right on the strip-no 15 minute walk to the road - good view if you pay for one except for the screening over the window advertising Donny and Marie - totally distorts your view which is a shame. But the casino is small and fun and the food court is wonderful. The newly updated Fab room is very cheaply done but clean. Had good check in experience as well as checking out and can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 12sue34
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Flamingo from September 29 – October 1, 2012 and was extremely pleased with the property. I normally stay at TheHotel or one of the higher end hotels, but this was just a quick weekend trip and the higher end hotels were extremely overpriced. I booked a Go room without a view of the strip, but we arrived to the hotel around 12 and really wanted to check in early. None of the go rooms without a view of the strip were available, so we upgraded to a go room with a view of the strip for an additional 20.00 per night just so we could get in the room and get settled. The go room is one of the renovated, more modern rooms the Flamingo offers. The room is a generously sized, has a nice sized flat screen TV in front of the bed, nice, modern décor, the window shades are operated by a switch, which was a nice touch.

The bathroom was also generously sized, offering a TV within the mirror, roomy stand-up shower with the main shower head as well as two additional jets. This was also a great touch. The beds were extremely comfortable, so comfortable that I had to roll back the fitted sheet to see what type of bed it was so I could return home and purchase.

The staff was extremely accommodating; our housekeeper was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

The Flamingo is also right in the middle of the strip so walking to hotels on both the north and south side of the strip was not exhausting.

The only cons I have for the Flamingo are TV channel selection. Even though much time was not spent in the room, when I was there it would have been nice to have a better selection of TV channels. Also, the line to check in was extremely long. It probably took about 45 minutes to check in. There are electronic kiosk stations, but I had several questions to ask the front desk representative so I avoided the electronic kiosk.

I highly recommend this hotel, as the value, location, and amenities are all great.

5  Thank MDLady20774
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our group of seven arrived for a week's stay at the Flamingo and were part of a wedding party.
We arrived after around 20 hours of travelling at 8pm to be told no clean rooms were available for another hour and one room had been cancelled altogether. It took days to sort out the latter problem and if it had been left to the check-in member of staff who refused point blank to sort it out, it would never have been resolved.
This was the main weakness of the hotel - the reception and check-in staff who need an urgent refresher course in customer service.
The hotel is in a good location on the Strip with large rooms which would have been comfortable if I hadn't been continually bitten by insects. I woke to a crop of fresh bites every morning, eventually going home with 28 of them.
This meant I had a swollen face for the morning of the wedding which wasn't ideal and all our clothes, cases and contents had to be washed when we got home in case any of the bugs decided to hitch a ride home with us. This was annoying and, in the case of wedding outfits, costly.
After several calls and getting passed round several people, the hotel sent security up to move us rooms which was a slow process but seemed to solve the problem.
We didn't eat in the Flamingo as the queues were too long for the dining areas and the pool area was average and crowded.
We had some lovely breakfasts at Dennys on the Strip and members of our party enjoyed the rides on the Stratosphere and the roller coaster at New York, New York.
We sampled a David Copperfield show which was excellent, as was the CSI experience inside MGM Grand.
Away from the Strip, we would recommend the Black River Canyon rafting trip which offered a great day out from the bottom of the Hoover Dam along the river.
The wedding was also lovely at the Chapel of Flowers followed by a great reception at The Venetian.
This was our fourth visit to Vegas and the first to stay at the Flamingo. We will probably visit Vegas again but are unlikely to stay at the Flamingo.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HfamilyYork
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Flamingo is located central to all the strip action but are the basic rooms worth it?
The Fab Deluxe rooms are large some come with a view of aircondtioners and roof tops, and some the inner garden view. The rooms have lino floor they cant afford carpet?. This hotel is generally for the young adults high on booze and nightclubbing. Room service seems an issue
contacted all concerned till 7.30pm including duty manager at 5pm still no one till 8pm.
Bottom line no room service. Have stayed in many hotels on the strip and prices range.
It appears Flamingo may not be up to the task of being so busy.
Plenty of hotels on the strip that offer a better experience.
The Buffet is over priced. Internet is charged for over priced. No in room coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Eastern Habit wing above the 10th floor
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo from 9/27/12-9/30/12. We were here for a bachelor party, and chose the Flamingo for the price, location on the strip, and pool. They were able to give us adjoining rooms, which worked out perfectly for our group. We got to the hotel at around 5:30 PM, and the check in line wasn't bad at all, maybe only 10 minutes. Our room was spotless when we arrived, which was good because there are some bad reviews for this hotel on here.

This hotel worked out perfectly for our group because it was central to everything that we wanted to do. We also enjoyed the pool each afternoon; it was crowded but a fun atmosphere. I'm sure there are nicer places to stay on the strip, but there are also much worse places. One of the nights I ended up staying with another group of friends at a different hotel on the strip; they paid about the same as we did and their hotel was a dump. For the price and location the Flamingo is hard to beat.

Room Tip: There is currently construction going on next door at the Imperial Palace. We had a room looking ov...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BluesFan18
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I sent this letter when I got home, and basically got a "too bad, so sad" response - so I am going public - Our trip was for our anniversary (6 Oct) and although we had both been to Las Vegas before, we had not been together. Previously, I stayed at Bally's and my husband stayed at the Wynn, but we had heard great things about The Flamingo and we were very excited.

We could not have been more disappointed.

It started off promising -Reuben checked us in, and he was VERY nice. He attempted to give us an upgrade when he heard it was a special occasion, but there was nothing available. We certainly appreciated his efforts. We stayed in room 10036, which had a lovely view of the Strip.

We ordered a quick snack on arrival. It was late and I didn't want anything heavy. I got the soup - Pasta Fagioli which was inedible. It was complete mush and should not have been served. I phoned downstairs to let them know and also arrange for tray pick up.

Our tray sat outside our room for the next two days, where we had the pleasant experience of watching the leftovers rot. I called again the next day and was told "We don't have enough staff".

We wanted to use our iPad and iPhone and were shocked to find you have extremely high prices for wifi - other hotels I have stayed in either offer it for free, or give a code daily for all devices. When we paid for one day so we could research some Vegas activities, we were told it was per device. We immediately cancelled and did not use it. We were later charged and told "we used it out of room". This is impossible since I never took my iPad out of my room and that was the only device attempted.

We were also shocked to find there was no fridge - unless we wanted to pay 15.00 a day.

I travel very often for work and pleasure, in fact we are planning a trip there again in January for my sister's birthday. I have been to some of the most expensive destinations, including Singapore, Disney and Bermuda and I have never once felt gouged until I stayed at the Flamingo - it was like the death of a thousand cuts.

On the last day, our flight did not leave until midnight. I requested late check out and was told that would cost 65.00, but only until 6:30 pm. I did say at that time that we had been very unhappy with our stay so far, but there was no follow-up. We paid the extra money, since what was the alternative? I had a migraine that day and sat at an empty poker table when all I wanted to do was lay down, but since it was after 6:30, I was out of luck.

Also, after a quick supper I went upstairs to get packed at 5:15 and my key was already deactivated.

We had a nice trip, but it was honestly in spite of a hotel that nickel and dimed us to death while leaving rotting food in the hallway and deactivating keys before time.

I can't imagine this is the normal experience offered by your chain of hotels and casinos, since it certainly wasn't what we expected coming to Las Vegas.

My in-laws and I agree, we have never been so unhappy with customer service before and hasn't been what we received on other trips (father in law has been dozens of times and we definitely intend to come back) to the area. I know any hotel chain would want to know if a guest had such a dismal experience, especially o what should have been such a special trip.

On a final note, it's ten dollars a day for a registered guest to use the gym

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DonnaRigs
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Second stay at the Flamingo Las Vegas -- stayed in a renovated Go Room -- decent -- no complaints at all about the room, staff was nice and helpful and pool area was great (although crowded). Clearly you can't beat the location and while you are not staying at a top strip hotel (Bellagio, Comso, Vdara) I find this hotel to meet all of my expectations.

Room Tip: Pricing on their web site changes day to day, booked about two weeks in advance and then a week late...
2  Thank Stormyray