“Fab Deluxe Room” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
salo0061
“Fab Deluxe Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I Loved It!!!! My Boyfriend and I stayed here from Jan 30-Feb 1 2012. This was our first time staying at the Flamingo and we both had a great experience! The self parking was easy to find and the walk from the parking garage to the lobby only took us about 5 min. We checked in around 3:30pm on a Monday and the line was a little long it maybe took us around 20 min to check in. They did have self check in stations which didnt have a line but i prefer to check in with a clerk. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and she tried to get us as best a room as she could find. I wanted a higher floor and the only thing available was a garden view so we took that. The walk from the lobby to the elevators is about another 5 min walk which is great when you are tired from driving all day. The elevators do look like they need some work done but we never had to wait for an elevator which I have had to do at other hotels. We stayed in room #20169 which was on the 20th floor almost at the end of the two hallways we had to walk down but it wasn't that bad because the hallways weren't as long as other properties that I've stayed at. The Fab rooms have no carpet but they do have a rug, a flat screen tv which is a huge step up from the basic rooms, a comfortable bed, and a chaise lounge chair which was also comfortable. The bathroom was a basic bathroom but it had a lot of towels which i loved and the water pressure in the shower was perfect. I also never heard anyone walking or talking when they passed our room the only noise I heard from other people was when my neighbors slammed their doors closed. So I was able to get a good nights rest. The casino was the perfect size not too big like other casinos where you get tired walking through it to go to the strip and not to small where if you blink you miss it. The slot machines were not super tight so I had fun gambling there. I didn't like the Margaritaville Casino much because it was very small and i didn't have much luck there. But if you earn 25 points on your total rewards card in one day you can get a free Margaritaville tee shirt. I also loved the location of the hotel because its right in the middle of the strip and the time it took to walk to the strip from my room was about 8-10 min. The only place I ate was at Johnny Rockets in the food court and it was a decent price for the amount of food you get. The food court also had a pizza place, a chinese food place and a sandwich place. We checked out of our room from the tv before leaving so I can't comment on how long it took at the check out desk. Overall I would definitely stay here again in the Fab room or I may want to try the Go room but definitely not in the cheapest room because those are horrible. I also recorded a room tour of the Fab Deluxe room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQGJeJWoTM

Room Tip: Do not stay in the cheapest room!!! Fab rooms or Go rooms are so worth the extra money.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank salo0061

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Don't know why people can actually give it a 3 star. Hotel is extremely dirty. Staffs are not friendly and the front desk manager Chris, is horrible.
I stayed there 3 days in December 2011 during the renovation and nobody told me about it until the noise woke me up in the morning. Talked to the manager and he didn't offer to move me to another area until I demanded.
Sent a letter to the GM never got a reply.
No offense but the customer service sucks.

Strongly not recommended to anyone. Even if the price is $20 a night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank tweep

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo January 19 & 20 2012. We got an upgrade to a newly remodled room from what was originally booked. the room had one king size bed and a partial view of the Strip. The new room had no carpet but a vinyl wood look flooring that I'm not sure will last long. There was no coffeemaker, microwave or fridge which was a disappointment. We were told they took out the coffee to save money. The room was OK but nothing special. The elevators were a very, very long way from our room and we wondered why such a large hotel didn't have elevators in more than one area. The garden area is very unique and we enjoyed walking through and looking at the fish in the pond and the flamingos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not by the clubs, I was told that it can get very loud if you are next to the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank milehi1
North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

To start, check-in was a breeze...we signed up for their players card (total rewards) & jumped the check-in line. There was 3 of us but had made 2 seperate reservations. Upon check-in we asked about connecting rooms. They did have them but had to upgrade us in order to get the rooms. He upgraded us at no charge. The rooms were pretty outdated but the beds seemed newer & were very comfortable. Who does anything but sleep in their room in vegas anyways? My biggest complaint about the room is that we did not have a mini fridge or coffee pot. The casino was fun & the cocktail servers were very attentive, even to us playing the pennie & 25 cent slots! The hotel was very centrally located on the strip. I had a great experience & would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank native2sc
Brighton, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here - the location is great, right on the strip and centre of the action as far
as that goes. With the knowledge that it is one of the original Las Vegas' hotels - yes, it is old and some may say it could do with a refurb. However, others may say that is part of it's charm.

We played in the casino, which obviously is smaller than a number of others on the Strip. The service was good and we enjoyed the room and some of the decor.

For value for money, it is a good option.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ChipPan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Flamingo in the GO tower. While we were lucky enought to be comped to a suite, there were still some minor issues. The furnishing was modern and fun. the room was clean - especially the bathroom which is a BIG deal for me.

But the hallways and elevators were definitely run-down and the finishes (paint, etc) just seemed, well, cheap.

Having said all that, we had a blast and walked out with some cash still in our pockets, so it was a positive overall experience. The valet was fast, and the Margaritaville casino was FUN!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle-H6
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Well, Flamingo is not among iconic Las Vegas hotels, but it was good enough for us. The hotel provided a good location on the Strip, a spacious, clean and functional room (the reception told us that they were giving us a refurbished room), a number of good breakfast options - and all of that for a reasonable price, even for the New Year's Eve night. We stayed for 2 nights and got no complaints: no disturbing noise, no long waiting at the elevators, etc. I also found their luggage-handling/storage service quite efficient. So, unless you tolerate no trade-offs and go only for the best, Flamingo is a good value option in Vegas. Just have right expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family