We received a complimentary room at the Flamingo. The location was fantastic but nothing special about the hotel itself. We arrived early on a Saturday morning and were allowed to check in but had to pay an additional $28 to go up to our room, even though it was clean and available at the time we arrived. We also upgraded to one of the 'Fab Rooms' for an additional $15 per night. The room is 'Refurbished' and not 'Remodeled', as we learned from the check in clerk. The first thing we noticed about the fab room was the smell of plastic or glue, which got more intense during our stay. We discovered it was from the glue to lay the plastic flooring -- probably coming through the vents or maybe we were just in a newly refurbished room. We requested a quiet room but we placed in a room right under the floor on which construction was taking place. The mattresses and beding was supposed to be new and would have been ok -- but they just didn't get it quite right. The mattress was put on a solid base and so felt way too firm. The pillows were puffy but not very soft and also not that comfortable. The bathroom was just disgusting. The shower head was falling off the wall, there was tons of mold in the peeling caulk and the vent was missing half of it's pieces and also filthy. The bathroom tissue rolls were situated behind the commode so you almost had to break your arm to get to the roll. The towels and shower curtain were surprizing of high quality, though and the toiletries provided were fine. The water never got hot enough and to even get warm water, you had to run it several minutes -- hate to waste water but had to do it just to keep from freezing in the shower. The ice machine gave ice that tasted very metalic. yuk! I gave up on that really quick and just brought bottled water to the room and soaked the bottle in ice. The inside of the elevators really need to be addressed. It almost looked like someone vomited all over the inside of the door and it got stuck in the cracks. The hallways were filthy dirty and there was ever a piece of trash that was left in the hallway for 2 days before we notice it was picked up.
So, we we awakened at 5:30 AM when they started refurbishing the room above us -- we asked to be moved and accepted a downgrade to the regular room and it was surprisingly in better condition than the refurbished room. The carpet was dirty and there was someone else's hair left in the bathroom, stuck to the door and wall, but the shower was actually in better shape than in the previous room. The beds were also more comfortable as were the pillows. We were put on a floor not directly under the construction, so the room was nice and quiet....which was most appreciated after being awakened at 5:30 on the previous morning. I don't like having to change rooms in the middle of my vacation, but am glad to have made the move. I wish the rating had a 2.5, as the first room got a 2 star rating whereas the second room (non-refurbished) really should get a solid 3 rating as it was cleaner and more comfortable.
Of note, the woman that checked us out, Joice, was very helpful and friendly. We checked out at the desk to make sure they removed the upgrade charge for the last two nights and they did get that right. She also offered to take off any credits we had coming to us, so that was also a nice touch. I would probably consider staying here again, but would definitely choose a non-refurbished room as the dirty bathroom, noise and the strong odor was not very appealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Vegas.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo