I have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Flamingo as a surprise for my husband's 30th in which another couple joined us and have to quash every poor review I've seen on my experience.
I chose the Flamingo for its central position and reasonable price but wasn't sure what to expect as we usually stay in newer hotels when we visit Vegas.
We'd booked two GO rooms and couldn't fault them. They were clean, housekeepers were great every day (even if they did knock a little early for Vegas time!) and the carpets were new. The greatest thing for both rooms was the strip and bellagio fountain views which we hadn't paid for. We hadn't even checked in using the crazy long line, and just done the express check in at the touch screens and still got a room which I'm certain you usually pay extra for.
Watching the fountains in bed on my birthday when we arrived was just fantastic and something we'd never had the chance to experience during peak season during other stays.
As I said the check in line was crazy and unless we were really fussed about trying to get our two rooms next to each other we didn't want to wait in line for around an hour just for that. They only had 3 people checking people in, but unless you have specific requirements to be met, just get on the express computers and you're done in seconds. Consequently our two rooms were only a floor apart and both very near the lifts so we were very happy.
We didn't eat at the hotel as the other couple we were with hadn't been to Vegas before so we wanted to take them to some other places we knew but everything looked good.
Hubby plays a lot of poker and was disappointed with the poker at the Flamingo more so because it just didn't suit his game - too many people just playing every hand without a care so he stuck at Caesars most nights after we'd all gone to bed and that suited him.
The fridge in the room was very welcome for water, we had one issue with a light fitting but maintenance were up to fix it within minutes of me calling guest services.
We hired an SUV for 2 days to go to a gun range, premium outlets and the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort in Mount Charleston and did this through Hertz at the hotel. I had prebooked and paid online before we arrived in Vegas and despite showing the Hertz rep my credit card statement (after paying $5 to use the internet and print it!) she said no one has ever paid online before arriving in the 8 years she's worked there and that I would be charged as normal and I would need to speak to Hertz when I got back in the UK to seek a refund. Obviously I don't know who's at fault here but annoying all the same.
The new Margaritaville Casino was fun and as we were with people who hadn't done Vegas before it was great to be at the Flamingo for them to enjoy some $5 blackjack in the day etc.
The TV in the bathroom mirror was great for when I had a bath but the main tv in the room never showed a channel number so you constantly had to scan all the channels which was a bit annoying.
The bell desk was very useful and organised for holding our baggage after we'd checked out but before we needed to go to the airport.
Check out was even simpler than checking in - again we used the express touch screen - swipe your card, print your receipt if you want one and drop your key cards in a box :)
I would stay at the Flamingo again but we love to try new hotels for each visit so maybe the time will come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Vegas.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo