we stayed 6 nights just recently in a go luxury room with a strip view. i have mixed feelings about our stay.
housekeeping was average - they made the bed, emptied the bin and gave us fresh towels, but did no other incidental tidying, like emptying the ice bucket which was now full of water, and other things like that. every other place we have ever stayed, including at home in australia where we don't tip, the service was heaps better.
the room was fine - as stated before a go luxury with a strip view in the habitat tower - but i wouldn't want to stay in less than what we had. i think it ended up about $100/nite which was acceptable. this was using a promo code through mycheapvegas.com. the view was awesome across to caesars and could see the bellagio and fountains also. the carpet was stained in places but felt clean enough. i see what people mean about the hallway carpet. definetely needs replacing.
good location, straight out onto the strip with little fuss, as other reviewers have said, noisy on a saturday night with the nightclub across the road - i had to turn the tv on to drown out the doof doof crap.
food - ok choice. margaritaville was really good. try the taco salad or chicken fajitas and the wildberry colada! the tropical breeze cafe was ok. johnny rockets was good for a late night feed. the burger joint was ok too - the price of the burger doesn't include fries. the room service quality of food was fine.
casino - well, first trip to vegas from australia where you can barely smoke in your own house now lol, it was a shock, esp when you are on the slots and the person next to you lights up a cigar...gross. i knew what to expect but being a non smoker it made me appreciate fresh air. if i was pregnant as alot of people in vegas were, i wouldn't hang out much in the smoky casinos, for health reasons, but each to their own. LOVED the lord of the rings slots, evidently alot of other people did too, they need to add more that's for sure. didn't have much luck on them in the end but it gave enough to keep playing for a long time. i'm not a hardcore gambler obviously. hubby played blackjack but quickly had little success.
the first few days only one pool was open and it was like sardines so we didn't bother, by the end i think most pools were open but we still didn't swim.
for our first trip with a little bit of budget constraint, the hotel was acceptable. i would however stay somewhere else next time, probably more towards the south end of the strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Vegas.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo