“great rooms!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #113 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“great rooms!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2007

Just come back from the Flamingo and found the rooms were excellent!!We were asked if we wanted to upgrade as we checked in and as it was only an extra $40 a night we said yes and the room was amazing!!! 42in plasma television on the wall,even a television set into the bathroom mirror.Beds were the best we have ever slept in and we have stayed in Vegas 5 times.Spotless sheets changed every day .Yes we were aproached several times by people offering tickets for "free" shows which are really times share but when asked if they were selling time shares they had to tell you and and then left us alone.Agree with other revues about getting sun beds,yes you do have to get to the pool early to get them and you are rather stacked like sardines but think most other places are the same.Would definatelly stay there again!!!Found all the staff and valet people very helpful,guess it,s the way you approach people to get the best out of them.

• Liked — beautiful room
  • Disliked — pool area to cramped
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank frankie76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,863)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2007

Our visit to the Flamingo consisted of myself,husband and my mother.
We upgraded to a GO room,which was newly refurbished and very good,the only problem being the door to the bathroom.The door was on a slider and made a loud noise every time it was opened,the door did not completely close so not only was there no privacy when showering or bathing but any night time trips to the bathroom woke anyone in the room.
Having said that this was the only negative about the hotel.The staff were very polite and friendly,we had a fantastic view of the Bellagio fountains, which changed daily.
We used the Buffet which was stacked with everything from fruit ,pancakes,cereals,muffins,to cooked breakfast and again in the evening from lobster tails,shrimps,prawns,crayfish,sushi to cooked meats and veg.
We also used the Steak House which,although very good was overpriced compared to nearby restaraunts.
The Garden is fantastic with a wild life habitat in it ,the flamingos
and other birdlife made a hectic holiday very relaxing.
The amount of windows overlooking the gardens made this hotel seem much lighter inside than any other on the Strip ,having visited most of them theFlamingo definately was lighter.
Useful to is the monorail which can be used to get from one end of the strip to the other,this can be caught at the stop at the Flamingo.Dont beleive your eyes with distances this is deceiving,hotels seem closer together than they are.I beleive it is something to do with how big each hotel is,it does seem no distance from one to another.It is!
We will be returning to the Flamingo.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank LizzSwindon
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

i had the pleasure of spending a few days in one of the new remodeled rooms here and it was wonderful. the rooms are beautiful and i think the tv was even bigger than at the wynn!! it also had a unique flat screen in the bathroom mirror. the housekeeping department were very pleasant and helpful with any requests or needs. i would stay here again in a minute!!

1 Thank travelincindy
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2007

Stayed at the Flamingo for 6 nights and the location of this hotel is excellent but that's about it. We were put in a room with a view of the flamingo habitat, tree tops & the roof of the casino, 10th floor which was just fine because we weren't in our hotel room all day anyway.

The non-smoking room was large enough for 2 adults & 2 kids but it certainly was showing its age. Carpet worn, room a bit smelly, old furniture, holes in the blankets, air conditioner loud and our teenage son got bed bug bites on his face. If I didn't put out the sign to let housekeeping know that we wanted our room serviced early, then it still wasn't serviced by 4pm.

Our biggest problem we had with this hotel was the lack of bath towels in our room. Although the bath towels were in great condition (near new & clean) there wasn't enough for all of us.
On our first night I found that we had only 2 towels for 4 people and requested 2 more towels and they were brought up quickly, but on our second night after housekeeping took away 4 towels they replaced them with 2 towels. I telephoned guest services and requested another 2 towels - 1 hr later and still no towels. Telephoned one more time and asked again explaining that I had already called and no towels had come up - 2 hrs later and still no towels. By 11pm we gave up and used our kids towels. This is shocking service and I can't believe that when a hotel knows that there are 4 people staying in the one room then there should be 4 towels. The bathroom had no vent and not well lit.

Nice pool area but it's only 3.5ft deep which makes it great for our kids but no good for diving. We saw by the end of the day there were beer bottles and trash around the pool by untidy guests. We even saw a beer bottle floating in the pool one afternoon. It was really disappointing to find out that the slides were closed Mon-Fri and only opened Sat-Sun because of the lack of staff to guard during the week. They use school kids to guard these slides hence why they are only open during the weekend and that the pool is only open from 10-5pm. Pretty slack if you ask me. The security on the entrance to the pool was pretty slack also. I never got asked to see my room key and on most occasions we didn't even see anybody at the gate.

Check in & out staff were very nice.

We ate at the Tropical Breeze & the Buffet which were both very nice and reasonably priced with great service.

This is our 3rd trip to Vegas and I don't think we will be staying here again and will probably spend a little more and stay somewhere a little newer.

Thanks Flamingo for the experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of bath towels, tired rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank starshine

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

I stayed at the Flamingo as part of a group. My flight was delayed and they no longer had any non-smoking standard rooms available when I checked in. They offered to upgrade me for the one night, and then I would either have to move to another room or pay $25 each night I stayed in the upgraded room. I had never heard of that before and told them I was staying in the room I got in that night. So the desk clerk called and spoke with someone and gave me a room without saying anything about it. When I got to the room, it was had a very large conference table and a pull-down bed on the wall - a Murphy bed! Not willing to pay over $100 for that, I called the manager and spoke with Kirsten. She actually didn't care and told me it was the same mattress as their other beds. Finally, I agreed to go into an upgraded room and pay the difference. the upgraded "go" rooms are not very functional. the bathroom door and one wall is frosted glass, so if one person turns on the bathroom light, the other people in the room will wake up. there is only one towel bar, no place to hang hand towels or put your towel while in the shower. The sink is one of those very small trendy bowls on top of a flat surface with the faucet covering most of the sink. If you attempt to wash your face, the counter will end up soaking wet, with water dripping onto the floor. There were light bulbs that were out, and actual light fixtures that didn't work. But my favorite was the many dried drips of URINE on the front of the toilet bowl that hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. When I spoke with the day manager, he didn't really care. He told me that he would have housekeeping clean the toilet. He actually told me that none of my experience at the Flamingo deserved any sort of compensation. I would have actually been happy to speak with a manager there who even pretended to be concerned or sypathetic about my situation. Oh, by the way, the conference manager did waive the extra $25 a night charge for the upgraded room. Gee, I got to keep my extra money and spend time in a filthy room. My husband and I travel at least 4 weeks every year. We have stayed in everything from a Microtel in Branden MS, to the Westin Excelsior in Rome and have never been treated like this. I will never stay at the Flamingo again mainly because of management's uncaring attitude.

• Liked — food
  • Disliked — cleanliness and management's lack of caring
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ACYcouple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2007

We selected the Flamingo this time around for the central strip location and the pool area, since our kids were with us. We usually enjoy all the Harrah's properties, of which this is one, but we will never stay here again.

We had been told ( and again confirmed) that I could check in without my husband, who booked the room on his cc, not mine. ( I was in town 12 hours earlier due to a business meeting.) Even after a second confirmation, sure enough, they would not allow me to check in. And since I had the nerve to request an early check in, they went on to say check in time was not until 4. (even though 6 different customers on either side of me were told they would have a room by noon or 1.) I hate when a business pushes you to DEMAND decent customer service. I asked for the Guest Services Manager, who argued with me for 10 minutes before finally agreeing that she could indeed help me, as I knew she could. Unfortunately, they could not check me in for 6 more hours because of their incompetence. ( downed fax line, complete confusion and lack of communication with her own department staff.) Was even called back and told they could not help me, only to be called back 5 minutes later saying "no problem." My husband called them 3 times, sent in a fax confirmation allowing me to check in, and they acted like they didn't have a clue.

Room was awful, number plaque was broken half way off, number of room was written on the hallway wall in black MARKER pen. I asked for and got another room, but frankly, they are all dingy and tired. This must be the doghouse of the fleet, because this place is filthy. We watched as the same glassware and trash sat in the hallway for over 48 hours. We tried to find shuttle information, and it took 6 employees to give us an answer about a shuttle that comes to the hotel every 15 minutes.

A fellow world traveler from Scotland was COVERED in bedbug bites he received there, and all they did was move him to another room, no discount, no "sorry" no comps, nothing.

Common areas are very dirty, and the wildlife habitat needs a little rehab of it's own.

The Hotel has been added on to many times over the years, so you will do even more walking then usual in this establishment.

Pool was freezing, and as someone else pointed out, had non customer friendly hours. Kids did not even want to swim. And all those fancy waterfall/ slides are closed except for Saturday and Sunday.

Bathroom was tired, and there is no fan or vent in the bathroom, which is an issue if you are not travelling solo.

All of the eateries shut down early, (aren't we in Vegas???) so don't wait til later to eat or you will be out of luck. We made sure not to gamble here either, we weren't going to give them another dime.

We ate at Pampas grill at the Miracle Mile shops near Planet Holleywood down the street. , it is an all you can eat Argentinian Steak House, where they bring endless rounds of fresh grilled meat to your table for as long as you like!! And the staff is great.

I love Las Vegas, and have stayed at Excalibur, Harrahs, Monte Carlo, etc. I am not a snob, I even stay at Motel 6 on occassion, but this place was awful. I will never go back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — mean and filthy
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank MacyandDan
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2007

Stayed at the Flamingo for 2 nights in Sept. Was allocated a mini suite on 10th floor and apart from the great view of the pool, we were a little disappointed. Room was rather tired looking and bathroom tiny. Air con didn't distribute properly through to the bedroom area and we found it very hot when trying to sleep. Pool was lovely, and the main reason we booked, however the hours are only 10:00am to 5:00pm which we found a little restrictive. We stayed at the Luxor for another 2 nights straight after for less money and we enjoyed the experience a whole lot more. I'd possibly stay again (you can't beat the location) but I think next time we will pay the extra and request a Go Room which I've heard great things about.

Stayed September 2007