“Never Again!”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #120 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2007

I stayed at the Flamingo as part of a group. My flight was delayed and they no longer had any non-smoking standard rooms available when I checked in. They offered to upgrade me for the one night, and then I would either have to move to another room or pay $25 each night I stayed in the upgraded room. I had never heard of that before and told them I was staying in the room I got in that night. So the desk clerk called and spoke with someone and gave me a room without saying anything about it. When I got to the room, it was had a very large conference table and a pull-down bed on the wall - a Murphy bed! Not willing to pay over $100 for that, I called the manager and spoke with Kirsten. She actually didn't care and told me it was the same mattress as their other beds. Finally, I agreed to go into an upgraded room and pay the difference. the upgraded "go" rooms are not very functional. the bathroom door and one wall is frosted glass, so if one person turns on the bathroom light, the other people in the room will wake up. there is only one towel bar, no place to hang hand towels or put your towel while in the shower. The sink is one of those very small trendy bowls on top of a flat surface with the faucet covering most of the sink. If you attempt to wash your face, the counter will end up soaking wet, with water dripping onto the floor. There were light bulbs that were out, and actual light fixtures that didn't work. But my favorite was the many dried drips of URINE on the front of the toilet bowl that hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. When I spoke with the day manager, he didn't really care. He told me that he would have housekeeping clean the toilet. He actually told me that none of my experience at the Flamingo deserved any sort of compensation. I would have actually been happy to speak with a manager there who even pretended to be concerned or sypathetic about my situation. Oh, by the way, the conference manager did waive the extra $25 a night charge for the upgraded room. Gee, I got to keep my extra money and spend time in a filthy room. My husband and I travel at least 4 weeks every year. We have stayed in everything from a Microtel in Branden MS, to the Westin Excelsior in Rome and have never been treated like this. I will never stay at the Flamingo again mainly because of management's uncaring attitude.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank ACYcouple

Reviewed September 22, 2007

We selected the Flamingo this time around for the central strip location and the pool area, since our kids were with us. We usually enjoy all the Harrah's properties, of which this is one, but we will never stay here again.

We had been told ( and again confirmed) that I could check in without my husband, who booked the room on his cc, not mine. ( I was in town 12 hours earlier due to a business meeting.) Even after a second confirmation, sure enough, they would not allow me to check in. And since I had the nerve to request an early check in, they went on to say check in time was not until 4. (even though 6 different customers on either side of me were told they would have a room by noon or 1.) I hate when a business pushes you to DEMAND decent customer service. I asked for the Guest Services Manager, who argued with me for 10 minutes before finally agreeing that she could indeed help me, as I knew she could. Unfortunately, they could not check me in for 6 more hours because of their incompetence. ( downed fax line, complete confusion and lack of communication with her own department staff.) Was even called back and told they could not help me, only to be called back 5 minutes later saying "no problem." My husband called them 3 times, sent in a fax confirmation allowing me to check in, and they acted like they didn't have a clue.

Room was awful, number plaque was broken half way off, number of room was written on the hallway wall in black MARKER pen. I asked for and got another room, but frankly, they are all dingy and tired. This must be the doghouse of the fleet, because this place is filthy. We watched as the same glassware and trash sat in the hallway for over 48 hours. We tried to find shuttle information, and it took 6 employees to give us an answer about a shuttle that comes to the hotel every 15 minutes.

A fellow world traveler from Scotland was COVERED in bedbug bites he received there, and all they did was move him to another room, no discount, no "sorry" no comps, nothing.

Common areas are very dirty, and the wildlife habitat needs a little rehab of it's own.

The Hotel has been added on to many times over the years, so you will do even more walking then usual in this establishment.

Pool was freezing, and as someone else pointed out, had non customer friendly hours. Kids did not even want to swim. And all those fancy waterfall/ slides are closed except for Saturday and Sunday.

Bathroom was tired, and there is no fan or vent in the bathroom, which is an issue if you are not travelling solo.

All of the eateries shut down early, (aren't we in Vegas???) so don't wait til later to eat or you will be out of luck. We made sure not to gamble here either, we weren't going to give them another dime.

We ate at Pampas grill at the Miracle Mile shops near Planet Holleywood down the street. , it is an all you can eat Argentinian Steak House, where they bring endless rounds of fresh grilled meat to your table for as long as you like!! And the staff is great.

I love Las Vegas, and have stayed at Excalibur, Harrahs, Monte Carlo, etc. I am not a snob, I even stay at Motel 6 on occassion, but this place was awful. I will never go back.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank MacyandDan
Reviewed September 21, 2007

Stayed at the Flamingo for 2 nights in Sept. Was allocated a mini suite on 10th floor and apart from the great view of the pool, we were a little disappointed. Room was rather tired looking and bathroom tiny. Air con didn't distribute properly through to the bedroom area and we found it very hot when trying to sleep. Pool was lovely, and the main reason we booked, however the hours are only 10:00am to 5:00pm which we found a little restrictive. We stayed at the Luxor for another 2 nights straight after for less money and we enjoyed the experience a whole lot more. I'd possibly stay again (you can't beat the location) but I think next time we will pay the extra and request a Go Room which I've heard great things about.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank msmegmog
Reviewed September 19, 2007

My husband and I arrived in Vegas Friday, Aug 31. I was a little worried that we would run into delays (ie.e at the airport, hotel, taxi stand) since it was Labor Day Weekend and our flight landed at 4pm. I couldn't have been more wrong. We were able to get off the plane quickly and got down to the baggage claim area. We used the Harrah's check-in desk by the baggage claim and we were immediately waited on. We had our room keys in hand in less than 10 mins. Our bags came out very quickly and we hurried out to the taxi stand and found a very short line (I couldn't believe it ). We told our driver not to take the tunnel and he started going off--saying he wasn't going to take the tunnel, but it wasn't because we told him not to but because there was more traffic the other way and the $3 or $4 difference doesn't mean anything to him because he brings home $1200/wk. Thankfully, it was a short ride and he had mellowed by the time we arrived at the Flamingo. We went up to our room and dropped off our bags. Our room was o.k--clean, but VERY dated. I had told my husband to tip the check -in clerk for a better room, but he wouldn't saying it was her job to check us in so that's what we ended up with. Anyway, we immediately went back down to the casino, got a drink and started having fun. I looked at my watch and could not believe that it was only 5pm--less than 1hr after stepping off the plane and we were in the casino.
We ate at Margaritaville-which was fun. Great atmosphere and the volcano nachos are fabulous (and huge). We enjoyed Bill's
Gamblin' Hall next door. It is not very crowded and the waitress's are great about keeping up on your drinks. Also, we ate dinner in the restaurant in the back corner --they had a prime rib special for $14.95. The steak tasted good, but was as tough as leather. We sent them back and the next ones he brought out weren't much better. Also, O' Shea's on the other side of the Flamingo is fun too! To me, the crowd there was much younger than I remembered from our trip 2 years ago, but I'm sure it's because they now have beer pong in the back area.

One more thing....we saw Carrot Top at the Luxor and he was great!! I could have listened to him all night. Well worth the money!!!!!

Overall, our experience was great!!!! As the Flamingo located close to everything. We've stayed there two times and it was fine both times, but if we go back I think we'll probably stay somewhere else.

5  Thank hmm35
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Stayed one week at Bugsy Siegels legacy. Loved the Flamingo! Everything was a little "kitchy" with all the pink and the Flamingos, but very "Las Vegas". The deluxe rooms were very roomy, with floor to ceiling windows. Our view was Caesars and the Bellagio Fountains. The pools were beautiful, and so many of them, that you could always find a spot. The habitat and gardens were gorgeous and very well kept. Nice restaurants from pricey to extremely reasonable. Our favorite was Tropical Breezes, right across from the entrance to the wildlife habitat. Tons of food for a very good price. The machines were loose, and "The Second City" was a good show. Look for a "buy one get one" coupon for tix in any of the little Las Vegas books in the casinos, taxis, etc. I will always go back to the Flamingo!

4  Thank Janay
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We stayed at the Flamingo Sept 14 to 16th for a boys weekend away. We didn't ask for, opt for or receive an upgrade. What we booked we got. Standard smoking room with Queen beds. We ended up on the 11th floor partially overlooking the pool and the roof of the casino. That was fine since we were here to gamble.
The room was very clean, comfortable and slightly dated but otherswise a B-. A large safe, ironing board and iron, desk and chair, small love seat were standard. No mini bar which surprised me. The bathroom was small yet clean consisting of a tub with a shower (not separate),
The pool was crazy busy and we were unable to land lounge chairs so we just jumped in and enjoyed the water.
Drink service pool side was poor.
Drink service playing blackjack poolside was very good.
The dealers in the Flamingo were very attentive and fun, the casino had a good vibe (very nostalgic) and the drink service was good.
All the staff I encountered were very friendly.
This is not the Bellagio but it was defenitely a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank cptguy
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We stayed six nights. I understand that a lot of people get married in Vegas but we had hoped that when we checked in and told her, we would have gotten a room with a view. Not so. We had a lovely view of the car park. If you choose to stay, ask for a room with a view and something close to the lift. We had to walk two long corridors to get to our room.

This hotel is centrally located but to get around and see everything, you will need a car. If you get a car, you might as well stay somewhere cheaper which will probably be nicer.

I don't know whether other hotels in Vegas are the same, but this place had no guest laundry which was annoying as we needed clean clothes.

The bed was a bit hard and squeaky, there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom and the sink didn't drain properly the entire time and was never fixed.

The grounds are lovely and the buffet is brilliant.

1  Thank fluffybundles