I stayed at the Flamingo as part of a group. My flight was delayed and they no longer had any non-smoking standard rooms available when I checked in. They offered to upgrade me for the one night, and then I would either have to move to another room or pay $25 each night I stayed in the upgraded room. I had never heard of that before and told them I was staying in the room I got in that night. So the desk clerk called and spoke with someone and gave me a room without saying anything about it. When I got to the room, it was had a very large conference table and a pull-down bed on the wall - a Murphy bed! Not willing to pay over $100 for that, I called the manager and spoke with Kirsten. She actually didn't care and told me it was the same mattress as their other beds. Finally, I agreed to go into an upgraded room and pay the difference. the upgraded "go" rooms are not very functional. the bathroom door and one wall is frosted glass, so if one person turns on the bathroom light, the other people in the room will wake up. there is only one towel bar, no place to hang hand towels or put your towel while in the shower. The sink is one of those very small trendy bowls on top of a flat surface with the faucet covering most of the sink. If you attempt to wash your face, the counter will end up soaking wet, with water dripping onto the floor. There were light bulbs that were out, and actual light fixtures that didn't work. But my favorite was the many dried drips of URINE on the front of the toilet bowl that hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. When I spoke with the day manager, he didn't really care. He told me that he would have housekeeping clean the toilet. He actually told me that none of my experience at the Flamingo deserved any sort of compensation. I would have actually been happy to speak with a manager there who even pretended to be concerned or sypathetic about my situation. Oh, by the way, the conference manager did waive the extra $25 a night charge for the upgraded room. Gee, I got to keep my extra money and spend time in a filthy room. My husband and I travel at least 4 weeks every year. We have stayed in everything from a Microtel in Branden MS, to the Westin Excelsior in Rome and have never been treated like this. I will never stay at the Flamingo again mainly because of management's uncaring attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo