“Still great after 4 trips!”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Ranked #76 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sunnyvale, Ca
“Still great after 4 trips!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

When I arrived, I requested a non-smoking room. They didn't have any available so they bumped me up to a real nice room in the new paradise tower. I found the staff to be efficient, courteous and friendly despite some of the negative reviews I had read.

The pool was really well maintained, and the men's restroom even had an attendant who was constantly mopping so it wasn't as disgusting as it had been in past visits.
Rehab seemed to be a bit toned down from previous years, but the Center Bar was really hot. The room had a discount coupon for the Italian AGO restaurant which I used. The waiter was Italian so I got to practice some of the Italian which I have been studying for the past few years.

The George Clinton concert was fabulous, and there were all sorts of promos for complimentary 3-olive vodka, budweiser lime, and Cruzan Rum.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank wrldtrvlr84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,079)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is a really fun place to stay. We did arrive early and asked if we could check in early but that request was denied. They said they would call us if anything opened early but we received a call about 10 minutes before regular check in time. No big deal but some considerations would have been nice. This hotel is off the strip but it was never too much trouble to grab a cab and get where we wanted to be. I would suggest getting a cab over taking the free shuttle to get on the strip. It takes way to long for the shuttle to make its rounds and paying the $10 cab fare is worth it. The hard rock casino is a fun place to gamble because it is on the smaller side and less overwhelming than the large casinos. We did not gamble much but it was a lot cozier here compared to the larger places we’ve stayed. The pool is great and the drinks are amazing. All of the restaurants were great and we left happy after many stops at Mr. Lucky's. Pink Taco had amazing food but the service sucked! There was a table with "someone famous" and we were able to see and hear the niceness that was available from our waitress, however we did not receive anything close to a smile. Overall we made the best of this stay and didn't let the service get us down to much but I would not go back being there are so many places to choose from in Las Vegas and The Hard Rock Hotel did not really offer anything out of the ordinary.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsBlissMpls
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I went to the Hard Rock to see a concert and I loved every minute of my experience! From the first drink at the Center Bar to my 4am dinner at Mr. Lucky's, it was a great experience all the way around! The hotel just oozes rock and roll and the service was exceptional. Our conceriege even found us tickets to the second night of the show that was sold out - could not have asked for a better experience. Will be the only hotel I stay at in Vegas!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Portland, OR
Reviewed October 7, 2009

The Hard Rock is definitely a hotel that caters to the younger crowd and music connoisseur. Pros: Quick ride from the airport and semi-close to the strip ($11 cab ride). Rooms were very clean, having french doors that open (in the older tower; Casino Tower) was great, food was average and pool was nice (however only one side was open over the weekend). Body English was a great club. Cons: Getting a server for a drink at the pool was horrible! I was able to get someone over to our Cabana once within a 2 1/2 hour time frame. They played hip music at the pool, but it was so loud, that you couldn't 'relax' if you wanted to. Could hear it all the way up at the 11th floor room at 8AM too. The price of a bottle of beer went up by $3 depending on where you were in the hotel (casino floor bar = $4; Wings club = $5; Body English (club)= $7!). Had a massage and she worked my back kinks out nicely and then did a 'noodle rub' on the rest of my body (horrible!), my facial was very nice though. VERY smoky Casino! I know it's expected in Vegas, but their ventilation system was horrible! One of the guys at the BlackJack tables was a complete JERK (no tip for him!) and WE HAD RAW SEWAGE come up thru our sink shortly before checking out. RAW SEWAGE!!!!

My rating on the room (they were fairly clean) would have been a 4 had raw sewage not come up in our sink! I brushed my teeth in that sink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure that I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grafam
SLC, UT
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Very helpful reservationist - called for a room after we landed for our overnight stay. She tried her "codes" after AAA didn't give us the "best rate." Room was mid-high in the Paradise Tower which was just re-furbished in August. Luxury!! Comfy beds - darker woods for ambience - great for romance and sleeping-in! We didn't need the 42" flat screen tv, but it was nice to have the option. Mini-bar fridge in room/typical expensive hotel prices on those items. Would definitely stay here again. Recommend valeting your vehicle and have luggage brought to the room - tower is opposite side of facility from entry. Then faster to self-park to get to Paradise Tower. [We don't like toting our luggage thru the casino]

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cuzwecan
San Francisco
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Very "in" and "young" customers that differs from typical huge Las Vegas hotels but do not expect to sleep on the afternoon and to check-in before 2 PM. I arrived at 09.00 AM on the morning for a conference and ask for a priority that I obviously did not obtain. Guest service agents were deceiving... The solution is to phone to the Customer Service (0-800 number) and to say that you received a call to confirm that your room is ready... My friend tried and had a room at 12.00!
Moreover with beach parties going on, do not expect to rest on the afternoons for the "siesta".

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank matou123
Sliema
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I was not sure what to expect from the very mixed reviews that were posted and I was in two minds about whether to come here or not. As it stands I was not disappointed.

I arrived early evening, mid-week and was seen to in just a couple of minutes. Check in was fast and efficient. The place is small compared to other Vegas hotels but actually big compared to international city standard hotels. When checking in I was advised not to take anything out of the mini bar unless I intend to pay for it as it is pressure sensitive.

The casino is situated in a sunken level in the main atrium. Everything is accessible from this main atrium. So where ever you are heading you have to pass the casino floor.

Rooms are very big and spacious. One of the biggest I have seen for a standard room. Clean and tidy. Bathrooms are also big and had a nice shower in the bath. Beware, there are loads of "for sale" items on offer dotted around the room including shampoo and conditioner. So make sure to read any lables. Loads of bottled water for sale. If you do not want to pay the hotel rates for your drinks there is a CVS (American version of Boots) accross the road that has everything at regular retail prices.

I had some packages set to the hotel prior to my arrival, did some on-line shopping to take advantage of the low US exchange rate. Collecting the packages was easy and the bell hops delivered them to my room. This was a free service although obviously I tipped the bell hop. However beware, I was going to send the packages to the other hotel I was going to be staying at, the Mandalay, and they charge a $10 fee per package!

Went to Lucky's Diner and enjoyed the "Gamblers Special" (that you have to order by name as it is not advertised) You get a pretty good lean cut steak with 3 large shrimp on top along with REAL mashed potatoes. This comes with a side salad, however it is served on a main course plate, huge for a side salad. This for $7.77. Probably the best bargain in Vegas. From what I understnad, long gone are the days of cheap food in Vegas. The realization that they can make good money off food as well as the casino has hit.

There is a starbucks in the hotel should you wish for a coffee on the go in the morning or any other time.

Unless you need a paper receipt ,check out is easy. This can be done through your hotel TV. It advises you of the charges you incurred.

I paid €72 on Expedia for the room which is fantastic value. They do charge an additional "resort fee" of $14 per night. This is advised on Expedia in the small print.

I just wish I had stayed longer. If I go back, I will look into staying here first.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business