“Mediocre hotel with an awesome pool”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dallas
“Mediocre hotel with an awesome pool”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I got a room there for a ridiculously low price so I can't complain but the room did fail to meet expectations that I had. It was cleanbut the air didn't work very well which made for a long night. We were told that it was working properly and it must be our problem (they were nice about it) The shower didn't drain so we stood in 4 inches of water while we showered. I've stayed in hotels all over Vegas so I guess that's as good as it gets at the Hard Rock. Staff was nice and coffee from Fuel was awesome. The pool is what makes this place great!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,048)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 5, 2014

3 of my friends and I went to Vegas for the first time to celebrate 25th Bithdays and stayed here. AMAZING TIME!!! More of a young and young at heart crowd so it was perfect! The resturants inside were great as well. The pools are nice and the Party and Rehab was EPIC! Got stories... But what happens in vegas right?! Anywho. Great room! We had a suite so the extra space was perfect for 4 girls. The sound system could usse some updating cause the preloaded music was terrible but aside from that this place ROCKED! Its far from the strip but a $6 cab ride was worth it for the money you saved staying here and the fun you have here. LOVED IT!

Room Tip: HRH tower by far the nicest!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a bachelorette party July 25-27. There were 5 girls in our party (all late twenties/early thirties) and we had a HRH suite with a pool view. The room was very clean with very comfy beds and staff was super quick to respond to our calls for more towels and toilet paper. Check-in and out was a breeze, I'd recommend using the suite area guest services desk instead of the common registration desk which had a crazy long line. My only complaint about the room was that it was pretty dark, even in the bathroom, which made it hard for us girls to apply our makeup.
The whole hotel staff was super nice and helpful. We didn't gamble so I don't know much about the casino area. We asked to be put on their guest list at Body English night club on Saturday night and they asked us if we'd like comped bottle service (heck ya)! I was worried that since it was free the service would be bad or there was a some catch but it was anything but. We were treated like celebs by all, especially the bouncer Geoffrey. He kept making sure us girls were ok and even went to find my friend when she went off to smoke and didn't come back after awhile. He also locked our purses up for us when we decided to head to the dance floor. The special guest was one of the guys from LMFAO, he really got the crowd going and the music was awesome. I danced the whole night!
As far as the pool goes, we went to the family (less party pool) on Friday after we checked in. It was quiet and clean. We went to the infamous Rehab pool party on Saturday. We got on the guest list so there were no lines and free admission. After getting some drinks we went to the middle of the main pool and felt kind of out of place. There were lots of drunk 21 year-olds dancing in the pool and I felt a little too old and not drunk enough lol. One of my friends wanted to play black jack and there's tables in an area of the pool. Once we went over there and by the lazy river, it seems to be more of our age crowd and we felt more comfortable. All in all the Rehab party was ok, but I think I'd check out Encore or Marquee day pool parties next time.
TIP: to get on VIP guest lists at pool parties and night clubs for free, contact Chris Hornak at chris@freevegasclubpasses.com

Room Tip: The suites are newer I think. Top floors are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank flygirl5280
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you are into non stop music 24/7 this is your place. Great atmosphere, great rooms, awesome food, room service and 24/7 in house restaurant for anything you want at any time of day or night.
If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing place this is not the one for you :)

Room Tip: Make SURE you ask for a room that is opposite to the pool, otherwise from 10:45am-7PM daily you will...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Belle Plaine, IA 52208
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Its everything you would expect from Hard Rock. Its loud, bright, big and very very Rock and Roll. The casino is actually pretty small, but there is a ton of shows and attractions around what I am going to call "the campus". This area is HUGE. There is a massive stage area, live shows, bars, nightclubs and its all within the hotel/casino. Rooms are great and fairly quiet in the Paradise Tower.

We booked a normal room but our late check in time got us bumped UP to a suite! Which was very very nice. The room was also very rocker theme (lots of red and black, but still luxury). Clean, and comfortable to be sure.

My two complaints are pretty minor for the target demographic of this hotel:
1) Pool doesn't open until 10 AM! The pools here are huge and amazing - too bad they are closed 12 hours out of the day.
2) Getting in and out of the back Tower is a hell of a walk (approx 400 yards? from our room to the front door). This Hotel is also off the strip so if you plan on walking there as well.....

This is a great hotel for the target demographic - the loud partier. Plenty of entertainment right inside, Lots to drink. Lots to hear. Lots of fun.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spent this past weekend staying the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, and I just wanted to say what a pleasant experience it was. The room was ready to go at 4:30 p.m., which I thought was great considering a couple of reviews on here that said they were pretty slow in getting rooms ready. My stay was very comfortable and quiet. With the HRH being off the Strip, you don't necessarily get all the "riff-raff" and the noise associated with it. My stay was quiet in the Casino Tower. The only reason I just can't give a 5-star rating is two-fold. One, on my first full day, I got back to my room at 6:00 p.m. and my room had not been made up, nor my towels (laying on the floor) had been replaced. I made a call to housekeeping, who said they would take care of it. When I left for my show at 6:30 p.m. no one had shown up. However, when I returned later that night the room was made up. In all fairness, my room was always made up thereafter. So I don't know if they do not make the rooms up for multiple night stayers and you have to ask for it to be done or what was going on. Secondly, beware of the refrigerator and snack tray. This did not happen to me, but I can see it could become a problem for someone who does not realize what is going on. The refrigerator and the snack tray are wired in so that if you lift or remove any item, you will automatically be charged for that item when you check out. So even if you lift up the jar of Skittles from its tray place, look it over and replace it with never opening the jar, the system will only assume you took that item and you will be charged. Beware!!
Overall, a great stay. I am not a big fan of the resort features at any hotel, but this was a good choice. By the way, the boys outside the front door are AWESOME!! Tip them well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 5, 2014

When we arrived we hit the wrong tower and the lady at the reception was not the most friendly I ever seen as a receptionist.
If she told us that we had to go to the other Tower it wasn't a problem at all . . . . since we had to walk through the complete casino to get to our room
Rooms was really nice although I was missing a refrigerator and a microwave
Both are always easy since we are often traveling with our daughter
As read in a previous review this hotel is quite a distance from the strip so we took our car and parked it at NYNY
There is a bus at HRH but only rides from 09 AM to 5 PM and on the hour
But next time we are going to get another hotel
This was packing up with youngsters ready to party throughout the weekend
And why shouldn't they . . . . . . ;-)
We did the same . . .