“Daughters first comment as we went inside: -"Nice music!"”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Ranked #75 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Daughters first comment as we went inside: -"Nice music!"”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Cool place. It took us more than an hour to look at all the memorabilia at the ground floor.
A bit off the Strip , but not too much. Close to the National museum of Nuclear testing -recommended.
Excellent service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MalinBackman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,079)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 8, 2014

On my last trip to Vegas i stayed at a friends house, but we rented a room to celebrate another friend's birthday as we didn't want to drive home after a party night.
So we chose Hard Rock as it is well located and affordable on pricing.
As we had our alcohol bottles, we requested lots of regular and champagne glasses. The staff was very helpful and accommodating even when that night specially, the place was full. I was the one in charge of check-in and made line for about 1 hour and a half to be attended due to so many people.

We had a great party! As we woke up a bit hangover, it was almost check out hour so we pack all our stuff quickly. That night back at my friend's house i realized i had forgot my earrings, small gold earrings, hard to find and easy to keep and say "Didn't see anything". I thought this would be what the chambermaid would say. Just to avoid the doubt, i went 2 later mornings and asked to the one lady that receptionist indicated me was in charge for that floor, who luckily was there at that hour. I asked and she said yes, i found your earrings and went to a place where they keep their things while working... and came back with my small gold earrings!!
Of course i gave a nice tip to her and expressed how grateful i was that honest people still existing, it was an amazing feeling.
People like this, gives a great image to any hotel or place, on my opinion!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here one night in March 2014. If you can get a room here for under $100 it's a great deal, even with the annoying "resort fee" (which by the way is contagious all over Las Vegas, even the low end hotels off the strip, read the fine print). The room was a true suite, walls and doors separating the rooms, couch and chairs in the living room, two large flat screen tv's, Bose soundwave radios in both rooms. The bath had a separate shower from the jetted tub, marble floors, etc. Five star all the way. Check in/check out was quick and easy. Room was clean and bedding very comfortable. As with all Hard Rock properties, decorated with R&R memorabilia which I enjoy looking at. This hotel is off the strip but in great proximity to the airport. If you're here solely to gamble, this may not be the place for you, the casino isn't giant. Note that the Hard Rock has an amazing pool area of "Rehab" fame, but the pool is seasonal, closed during my stay but set to reopen mid March. The check in staff was pleasant and efficient. While the valet staff was courteous and hard-working, they were understaffed at check out despite few customers. Overall a pleasant stay and I would stay here again. Based on the price I paid, I would award "5" stars but this isn't up to Bellagio or Venetia standards so will hold back one star. In summary, if you can get a decent price, you won't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Casino Tower = very large suites
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
South Dakota
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I called the day of our reservation confirming king bed room, then front desk sent us to our room, 2 queens. Came back to front desk they don't have any king rooms for us... don't know why/how I called to confirm one. Gave us $50 faciliyt credit which we couldn't use in most places, had to argue at checkout to get it applied to the $400 in charges we did incur. Large "resort" fee daily we couldn't use any of the amenities, mostly because fitness facility was closed and moved due to a convention coming in a few days out. Hotel fairly dirty, our room hadn't been dusted in a month, windows dirty, etc. Had poor experiences throughout.

Room Tip: no redeeming qualities
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank geckoinsd
Tara L, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the cleanliness issues you experienced while staying with us. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014

What a cool place to visit. More things to see there than in many of the other Hard Rocks. The food was very good. There was a special not advertised we were told,,...now this was many years ago,..apparently only the locals knew. You just ask for it,..the steak and shrimp,..and voila,..cheap cheap and off menu. A great deal. The grounds were really cool with a beach at the pool. Worth visiting and late night meal with drinks. It was years ago since I had been there. Off the strip so you may want to visit if your out in a car and trying to be everywhere at once.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Seriously awesome time at The Hard Rock! I just got back from a three night stay for a business convention and I got to stay in the HRH Tower. I was a bit worried about being off the Strip but it actually ended up being really nice! The Strip was bumper to bumper the whole time I was there and the HRH Tower has a back entrance and a parking lot attached to it so I was one turn down Harmon and Koval Street away from my conference at the MGM and never had to deal with traffic from the Strip. We went to Caeser’s one night in the evening and I was able to take the back road right there, it was a breeze! And the parking lot is attached right to the HRH Tower so there were no crazy long walks to my room like some of those ridiculously large Strip hotels. My room was beautiful. I had a King Suite with the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in at a Hotel. No joke, this was a pillow top mattress that I just melted into. The bathroom was uber cool, with a walk-in shower, two sinks and a full size bath tub. I loved the centralized music system that played any kind of music I could have wanted as I was getting ready and having some people over. The lounge area of my room was spacious and comfortable and everyone thought my motorized curtains were awesome! I got to try several restaurants while I was there and I really loved them all. We had an awesome dinner at Nobu, a great quick lunch at Pink Taco and another excellent dinner at the Chinese/Thai place called Fu. The conference kept me from going to the pool but I walked the grounds one night and the whole pool area was unbelievable! There’s a beach, tons of pools, a water slide, it looked like a blast. The Customer service for me was great! The check in was quick and the lady behind the counter was super nice, answered all my lame questions about where all the good restaurants were and took the time to show me everything on a map. Maybe this was just because I was in the HRH Tower, I don’t know but that Tower sure made me feel like I was in a VIP area. I can’t wait to go back and take advantage of that pool in the Summer!

Room Tip: Stay in the HRH Tower if possible, treat you like royalty and it's really quick and easy to get...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Upon arrival the lady checking us in wasn’t the friendliest person…she wasn’t rude but very personable you could tell she was there just to do her job. The room was average nothing special. It was located in the Casino tower with a “Mountain View” but really it was a view of a roof top. There was no coffee pot/maker in the room (cheapest coffee my boyfriend could find in the hotel was $5) and if you even touched anything for sale in the mini bar/fridge you bought it. It’s a good thing I went with my instincts and brought a hair dryer as there wasn’t one provided like most hotels. The Safe in the room was not working. It would lock but then I could not get it open again. I had to call security twice and after the second time I just gave up on using it and hoped nothing of value got stolen. But the security staff was very friendly and asked for ID to ensure it was me staying in that room. The bed was the best part of the room. It had to be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel. Like most hotels in Vegas there was a resort fee of $25 per night. I never really understood the resort fee especially when apart of the fee is for pool use but the pool was closed due to off season???But what can you do as the hotel is going to charge it either way no point in arguing. The hotel did provide free internet in the room and free shuttle to the strip since the HRH is located off the strip but my boyfriend and I chose to walk to the strip as it only took 20min. Plus the shuttle only operated from 10am to 6pm(every hour) and dropped you off at the fashion show Mall. Over all my stay at the HRH wasn’t bad. Most of the staff was friendly, the hotel was fairly clean the casino was smaller then the rest on the strip and not as crowded but I don’t think I would stay there again mainly because I like to be on the strip

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple