Upon arriving I had difficulties checking in. Hard Rock advised me that my Credit Card was declined. I found this strange as I had recently used this on our previous trip to New York only 24 hrs before. I was told that I would need to use a Debit Card and pay for my entire stay (6days equating to $299). I was unhappy with this as I had already paid for my stay when booking in the UK. I had no choice but to pay again. I immediately called my bank once I was in my room only to discover there was no problem with my card and Hard Rock were not processing correctly. I went back down to reception and explained. After a lengthy and frustrating conversation with the supervisor this was eventually resolved but I had to keep checking with my bank to ensure that duplicate transactions were not processed on both my Debit and Credit Card.
On our first full day we decided to use the pool facilities. How frustrating was this!!!!!! From Fri-Mon inclusive Hard Rock have a pool party and during this time hotel security is upgraded. We got to the pool only to find that we needed ID to enter the pool area. A trip back to our room to get this. On the way back down we decided to get a coffee only to find that you cannot take food and drink purchased from inside the hotel to the pool area. We eventually got to the pool but were so frustrated for the constant need to produce ID throughout the day. Even a trip to use the bathroom required ID!!! If you moved from your sun-bed to the pool you were ok but anywhere else required ID even to get water.
Second day was the main pool event. To use the pool area we had to queue in the hotel underground car park to acquire wristband. Again, ID checks but this time bag and body searches. Finally at the pool armed with ID. We decided to go for lunch inside the hotel. Getting back to the pool required another bag and body search only to be refused entry as I had paracetamol and an E-cig in my back.
Whilst I appreciate the need for security I did find it over the top. It did not stop my partner being offered class A drugs on the way back from the bar one time.
I feel that Hard Rock should inform guests upon arrival of this event and ensure that they understand it is necessary to have ID with you at all times and what items are allowed into the pool area. This really did dampen the mood of our holiday.
Hard Rock is located off the strip and is quite a long walk to the strip, aprox 40 min walk. With temperatures exceeding 100 degrees centigrade not a pleasant walk even during the evening.
The positives were we found the facilities to be very clean and the theme of the hotel is great. We had a great room with stunning view of pool area and strip.
Overall, I feel that this hotel has a cool ambience but lacks substance and therefore could not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is Las Vegas’ off-Strip playground, just minutes from McCarran International Airport. Mixing rock ‘n’ roll with class and sophistication, Hard Rock Hotel offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience. The property is known for its innovative music scene where acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails and The Killers have all performed. Hard Rock Hotel has 1,500 fully modern, state-of-the-art rooms with all of the services and amenities of larger casino hotels, while still preserving an intimate and exclusive environment with unique advantages such as its world-class pools and comfortable boutique feel. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is the premier destination entertainment resort, located on 26 acres on Harmon Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas