“Frustrating!!!!!!”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #76 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Upon arriving I had difficulties checking in. Hard Rock advised me that my Credit Card was declined. I found this strange as I had recently used this on our previous trip to New York only 24 hrs before. I was told that I would need to use a Debit Card and pay for my entire stay (6days equating to $299). I was unhappy with this as I had already paid for my stay when booking in the UK. I had no choice but to pay again. I immediately called my bank once I was in my room only to discover there was no problem with my card and Hard Rock were not processing correctly. I went back down to reception and explained. After a lengthy and frustrating conversation with the supervisor this was eventually resolved but I had to keep checking with my bank to ensure that duplicate transactions were not processed on both my Debit and Credit Card.
On our first full day we decided to use the pool facilities. How frustrating was this!!!!!! From Fri-Mon inclusive Hard Rock have a pool party and during this time hotel security is upgraded. We got to the pool only to find that we needed ID to enter the pool area. A trip back to our room to get this. On the way back down we decided to get a coffee only to find that you cannot take food and drink purchased from inside the hotel to the pool area. We eventually got to the pool but were so frustrated for the constant need to produce ID throughout the day. Even a trip to use the bathroom required ID!!! If you moved from your sun-bed to the pool you were ok but anywhere else required ID even to get water.
Second day was the main pool event. To use the pool area we had to queue in the hotel underground car park to acquire wristband. Again, ID checks but this time bag and body searches. Finally at the pool armed with ID. We decided to go for lunch inside the hotel. Getting back to the pool required another bag and body search only to be refused entry as I had paracetamol and an E-cig in my back.
Whilst I appreciate the need for security I did find it over the top. It did not stop my partner being offered class A drugs on the way back from the bar one time.
I feel that Hard Rock should inform guests upon arrival of this event and ensure that they understand it is necessary to have ID with you at all times and what items are allowed into the pool area. This really did dampen the mood of our holiday.
Hard Rock is located off the strip and is quite a long walk to the strip, aprox 40 min walk. With temperatures exceeding 100 degrees centigrade not a pleasant walk even during the evening.
The positives were we found the facilities to be very clean and the theme of the hotel is great. We had a great room with stunning view of pool area and strip.
Overall, I feel that this hotel has a cool ambience but lacks substance and therefore could not recommend.

Room Tip: Paradise Tower overlooks pool area and has a great view of the strip.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been to Vegas a number of times. I don't know why I am releasing information on this find... The hotel is located off the strip. We have been coming here for the past few years, and love it! The hotel staff is great. The food is wonderful, and it is not so crowded you feel like a number. I had a minor issue with some technology equipment while there. The staff stepped up and helped me greatly. If you want the "Vegas" experience you may be disappointed. It is not your "middle of the strip" with bells and whistles joint. If you want an enjoyable experience and a positive Vegas trip, Stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

So glad we took a gamble (lol) and stayed off-strip. Great hotel, staff friendly enough, suite pretty big and beautifully decorated. Suites tower is gorgeous - didn't try the spa but it looked fab. Also, has separate entrance and check-in, so lengthy queues could be avoided!

The casino floor had Britney's Baby One More time outfit, among others. Really impressed with the stuff on display.

Pool party very loud but didn't stop us from getting some sleep when we needed it. Quieter than some of the other hotels at times but only a few dollars in a taxi to the strip.

We did spend the second half of our trip on-strip, but if we'd stayed here for the whole trip we wouldn't have felt like we'd missed out.

Can't wait to go back :D

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. After reading lots of reviews prior to our trip, we didn't know what to expect but we loved it. The service was fantastic, our room was really comfortable and we had so many positive experiences. We loved the Rock memorabilia throughout the hotel. It made the walk to our elevators so much more interesting. Things we loved:

- JT - doorman extrordinaire!!! JT went above and beyond driving us to our destinations on 2 occassions. He truly made us feel special even though we are nobody important and we are not gamblers.
- Joel - Another wonderful staff member at the hotel who also drove us to our desitination one day. The guys working the front end of the hotel are what made our visit over-the-top.
- The Pink Taco. The food was quite good.
- The service at the pool cabana. We treated ourselves one day and booked a cabana. I would definitely recommend this and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
- The front desk staff and security. We had people knocking on our door at 12:30 a.m. and trying to get into our room with their card key. One call to the front desk and security was dealing with these people in meer minutes. We were very impressed!!

The pool party on Sunday was quite crazy. Traffic in the hotel increased significantly and the aftermath could be viewed throughout the evening with drunk people being hauled off left, right and centre. We avoided the Rehab party completely. It felt like a meat market for 20 somethings. That said, the hotel beefs up security significantly so the situation feels quite controlled.

We would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. The feedback is greatly appreciated and I will assure you the comments are shared with each appropriate department. I have communicated to JT and Joel's management directly to be sure they are ackowledged for their excellent service. We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves.

If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us directly at contactus@hrhvegas.com.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hard Rock on a whim, just needing a place to rest our head. We assumed by getting the cheapest room we'd be staying in a bunker...how wrong were we! Our room was gorgeous, clean, and overall beautiful. The casino is fun and laid back with good music playing all the time and lots to see and do inside. We spent a whole day just hanging out here! Will definitely return on my next trip to Vegas :)

Room Tip: If you choose a room overlooking the pool, you will hear the DJ's bass bumping all day long - bu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The pro, I think the pool was amazing, lots of lounging spots, cabanas, music, palm trees. You feel like your in Hawaii at a beach.. The bed was amazingly comfortable,,down comforter, and wonderful pillows..

The con, a far walk to the strip, we walked first night, and then never again.. No coffee pot, or mini fridge, like all the other hotels in Vegas I have stayed. The room was pretty plain. needed updating.,The halls needed vacuumed bad, and smelled,of smoke all throughout room areas.

The hotel has potential, but does need work. I have stayed a lot of different places in Vegas. And while this was not bad, it was my least favorite one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the smoke smell and room conditions you mentioned. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and engineering departments to be sure this issues are addressed immediately. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at Hard Rock for a large indie book convention and we had a fantastic experience! The service is excellent, from the bellman to the front desk to housekeeping to the bartenders. We had a Casino tower room and were able to upgrade to a connecting suite room with our friends staying in the HRH Suites for no charge which was awesome. The room was very spacious and the bathrooms were gorgeous. My only little complaint is the bathroom door is clear and so is the shower door...so if you aren't staying with a significant other or have people coming/going from the room, that might get a little awkward (the toilets are separate so no worries there). Special shout-out to the fabulous Culinary Dropout team - loved our servers when we were there. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks HRH!

Room Tip: We stayed in the HRH Suites tower and it was veryyyyyyyyyy quiet! I noticed our friends in the casin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends