“Amazing stay at the HR - free upgrade!”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Ranked #77 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,051)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Perhaps I am getting old or very uncool because I found myself complaining under my breath or to my boyfriend about everything. But he was doing it too! We stayed here because he received a complimentary two night stay and $150 comp from the hotel (he used to go there with his guy friends when he was younger and they gambled quite a lot so this was a ploy to get him to return). Our stay was free, and that was good because, if not, I would have asked for our money back. The room was disgusting! So dirty! The door to the shower leaked and we had water all over the floor every time we showered. The thermostat was not accurate and we were either too hot or too cold. There is a diner in the hotel and they had great grilled cheese sandwiches, I will give them that. The front desk staff were pretty nice too. The other reviewers were correct - the furnishings are cheap. Do not even get me started on the pool situation...why do they not have more chairs and recliners when it is so busy?! We have stayed at other hotels in LV and none reeked so badly of smoke as Hard Rock. You hit a wall of rancid cigarette smell as soon as you step off the elevator...that is different from other hotel/casinos in which you do not really smell it till you enter the casino area. I might have been able to endure all this when I was younger, but I have standards now and cannot do the "party all night" lifestyle. If that is your thing, then this place is perfect for you! Otherwise, I would avoid it like the plague, because I am sure you might catch it there amongst all the unsanitary conditions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dinogirl99
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the in room inconveniences as well as the smoke smell you rmentioned. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and engineering departments to address these issues immediately. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Checked into a room that was disgusting and filthy. Had 4 nights prepaid, non-refundable and they insisted on charging a $25 resort fee for services that one would expect to be complementary. They use fraudulent and deceptive business practices.
Was glad to have two beds because one was worn beyond its replacement life. Don't expect to get any sleep here!
I recall making several calls to hotel staff to get things like hangers, ice bucket, Do Not Disturb door hanger, etc. This room was far from ready for occupancy.
There are much better properties in Las Vegas for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms at other properties are preferred.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark W
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the room condition. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

Rather than an itemized bill for each service or amenity utilized by our guests, The Resort Fee is a wonderful package which grants our hotel guest’s access to the Fitness Center, shuttle service from the Hard Rock to the Fashion Show Mall during designated business hours, parking, notary service, daily newspaper, printing of boarding passes, Wi-Fi and unlimited local, long distance, and toll-free calls.

At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, we take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just like everywhere it has resort fees, but during the week its still a steal. Expect for them not to have non-smoking king rooms, and just take the upgrade facing the pool, as the queens are still huge beds. The rooms themselves are really nice, and since you won't spend that much time in the room, its nice enough that they are big and fancy looking. The pool itself is justification enough to go, just do it so you spend two nights so you can spend more than the hour between when the pool opens and 11 am when you have to check out. Not on the strip, but you can drive and park at any strip casino anyway, and for the 'crazy Vegas noise' that I expected to keep us up at night, there was not even a peep past midnight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and loved your comments regarding your pool experience. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed. The quality of the furnishings in the HRH Tower {cheap} and the subPar housekeeping (crumbs on sofa, pubic hair on bed linens, fingerprints on headboard) were just plain disgusting. The room had a strong odor of B.O. When I checked in. I had to ask the bellman to notify housekeeping about the odor. The maid left a spray bottle of some AmWay type institutional deodorizer which I used to spray the drapes, carpet and linens. The VIP pool experience was fun; I appreciated the free coupon for entry (value$25) as well as the cozy daybed right next to the pool; however they hustled you clear across the hotel to a remote parking garage to check in; the directions were unclear and I was told the daybed was not guaranteed reserved unless you checked in early. Then you had to pass thru security as if u were at a rock concert. Your pool bag had to be smaller than 12x10 and there were strict rules about bringing your own food, medications or water (not allowed). You needed to show ID and were given the once over by staff; It was ridiculous & overKill! obviously their clientele is such that alcohol and drugs must be weeded out before entry. It was convenient to have a day pass at the Spa as I could easily go in and out of there from the pool to freshen up or get free juice/water, use a locker to stow other things I could not carry in (with my oversized pool bag that was denied). If I came here again it would be as a day visitor to see the R&R exhibits in the casino. The room decor is so bland and dark; the guests are loud, drunk and sleazy. I don't mind the Rock & Roll mentality but these people i encountered here need to show a little class in the public areas of a hotel; trash and cigarette butts were overflowing everywhere, people pushed past you to get on the elevators, deal with the front desk (which was always busy/understaffed) and were generally obnoxious in restaurants. My experiences in other Vega$ hotels that week were a much better value with 5 star amenities and customer service. I will not be back to this Hard Rock. What a F'n Letdown for this Rock & Roll Vixen.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Alismalice
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for your in room experience and any inconveneinces you felt at the pool. Please be assured all measure which are taken at the pool are to ensure the fun and friendly experience for everyone attending. I have communicated your comments regarding your room experience to our housekeeping managment to be sure these are are addressed immediately. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

La Mesa, California, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you are looking for an amazing pool and comfortable beds this is the place. With a resort fee $24.99/day (which is fine) that includes bus shuttle till 7 pm/gym and access to both pools....I thought. Well I looked at the receipt later when I got home and was not pleased to see an additional fee for using the pool and another fee for sundries/fuel (whatever that means). The rooms look nice but are NOT clean. I hunted down a maid so I myself could get a clean rag and wipe down my bathroom. You have the minimal necessities including no coffee maker. Lastly the atmosphere is cool n hip...However the help was rude, not attentive or willing to accommodate us to make our vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tyra H
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for your in room experience. I have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and engineering departments to be sure these issues are investigated and addressed immediately. Our resort fee does include access to our pools. There would only be an additional fee if a drink or other item was charged to the room or if a guest purchased admission to a private event or guest music performance. A Fuel/Sundries charge would describe a purchase from our conveneince store.The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

Estevan
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I have been to Las Vegas 9 times including getting married there so we know what to expect and rarely are disappointed. Friends of ours have stayed at the Hard Rock a few times and recommended it to us so we decided to give it a try. I'm honestly regretting it.
On our way to hotel the cab driver told us we would probably be disappointed with the hotel as it was off the strip. We already knew this so that wasn't a surprise, plus we were told they had a free shuttle to the strip so we weren't that concerned.
When we arrived, the non-smoking king room that we had booked wasn't available, only a smoking king. We said no that we had specifically booked non-smoking so they offered us a room with 2 queen beds. I didn't want that either, and asked if they could upgrade us to something non-smoking and a little nicer. They said they could put us in the HRH tower for an extra $30 per night. I told them that since it was their mistake I should have to pay anything more. The gentleman at the counter said he couldn't do that so our only option was the smoking king or non-smoking 2 queens if we didn't want to pay more. We decided on the queens.
We rode the elevator up to the 11th floor and were greeted to a very strong marijuana smell. So much for a non-smoking floor. Our queen beds room was ok, definately dated but it had a nice view of the pool area. The little platform that normal holds treats and snacks that says "if you remove an item you get billed" was completely empty so good thing we didn't want a snack. We actually wanted supper but couldn't find a room service menu anywhere in the room. We phoned down to the front desk and they said they would send one up to us. After over an hour it finally arrived and by then we wanted to go down to the casino and decided to eat in a restaurant.
The next morning we woke up to loud music playing by the pool. Our patio doors didn't shut very well apparently and let alot of sound in. No harm done though as it was time to get up anyways. My wife spent a while looking for a hair dryer with no luck so she was kinda mad that she had to go down to eat breakfast with wet hair. We did come across some kind of locked fridge or something under the TV, not sure what that was.
The pool area is very, very nice!! Waterfalls, palm trees, sandy beach areas, awesome! The servers are attentive and attractive I might add! The stone surfaces and sand can get CRAZY hot so wear sandals when walking about.
Overall, this hotel is ok. I've stayed at some pretty amazing hotels in Vegas and this place just doesn't measure up except for the pool. The room is pretty much just a place to sleep, nothing else. I just wish we had been given the room we had booked. Oh, I found the hair dryer on the last day, it was on the top shelf in the closet. (maybe it should be in the bathroom?)
Stay here if you wanted a very stripped down, no frills, room with a bed. Otherwise stay away.

Room Tip: HRH rooms are apparently very nice, casino tower ones not so much.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan B
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for your preferred room type being unavailable. I have also communicated your concerns regarding your in room amenities and poolside french doors to our housekeeping and engineering management for their review. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.