Three friends and I traveled to Las Vegas to see Duran Duran perform 2 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel May 9 and 10th. We were very disappointed in the hotel. Here are the reasons:
The construction started at 6am and was very loud. We couldn't be moved to another room. However the hotel did comp us for the 1st night. It was the cheapest night of our stay. Nice gesture, but hardly worth it.
Thankfully our room was a mountain veiw because the pool side would have been horrible with the music playing all day long. One of our friends had a poolside room and you couldn't get comfortable in your room because of the noise. The music started at 9am on Sunday morning and progressively got louder and louder. We like music, but there comes a point when it is too much. Closing the balcony door did even come close to drowning out the noise.
The hotel is great for the newly 21 and not great for anyone over the age of 25. Kids who can't hold their liquor were all over the place and you had to step over them and dodge the crazy arms. But if you want cheap gambling, then this is the place. $5, $10 tables all over the place and there are even penny megabuck slots.
The ventilation in this hotel is horrible and you smell like an ashtray 5 miuntes after walking into the hotel.
I bascially felt dirty in this place and will never stay there again. Nothing about the hotel was good. It is turning into a run down facility that caters to the kids with little money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1995, the property completed a $750 million expansion in 2010. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience with the services and amenities associated with a boutique luxury resort hotel. The property is known for its innovative nightlife and music scene where acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Carlos Santana, Mötley Crüe and Guns N' Roses have all performed. Features of the property include an 11-story Casino Tower with 640 guest rooms, 17-story Paradise Tower with 490 rooms and suites, and the HRH All-Suite Tower with 359 suites, eight spa villas and seven penthouse suites; 72,000 square feet of casino space featuring Peacock High-Limit gaming and Asian gaming amenities; 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting and convention space; more than $4 million in rare music memorabilia; Body English Nightclub; Reliquary Water Sanctuary, Spa & Salon; 4.5 Acres of tropical pool paradise housing world-famous pool parties REHAB Saturdays and Sundays and RELAX Mondays; live music/entertainment venues The Joint and Vinyl; Hart & Huntington Tattoo Co.; Restaurants Culinary Dropout, Nobu, The Ainsworth, 35 Steaks + Martinis, Pink Taco, Mr. Lucky's Café and 福Fú; a fitness center; and trendsetting retailers John Varvatos, Affliction, Love Jones and Rocks The Jewelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas