“Best Pool Ever!”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #74 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here just one night mid-week, I think it was a Tuesday. The location is off-strip, which isn't ideal- but the hotel has a shuttle every hour to the strip for free.
I love the decor of this hotel. There are some parts that look just a little run down, but overall its awesome! I didn't eat at the hotel this time, but have in the past, and Pink Taco has really great food!
The pool. AMAZING! This is the reason to stay @ HRH. Its so awesome!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is not for the weak or old. Everybody is in thier late twenties or early thirties. Almost evrybody dresses up, looking good. I have never seen so many hotties in one place. This is defenitly not like any other hotel in vegas. We partied at the casino bar for twelve hours on Friday night/ Saturday morning. Rowdy behavior is normal. I even saw a guy get sick and not get tossed out of the hotel. We only ate at the diner, it was average and I got yelled at for singing to loud. Great hotel to party at, not so much if you are looking to be impressed. This is not the Venetian. The decour is average, but they do have lots of Rock-n-Roll displays that are fun to look at.

Room Tip: Who needs a room, you stay here to party.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place to stay for a couple of days in Vegas. Not located on the strip, not a huge casino/hotel complex, but close enough to these money factories (a dozen of $ for a cab drive) to be there on time and see the great comedies they play every night. Excellent rooms, nice personnel, and compared to the big ones, relatively quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my son as a last stop after hiking in Utah. The check in experience is as 'Often Disappointed' says in a previous review (he was accompanying us for the first day so experienced the truly awful check in service). I waited a long time watching 9 staff behind the check in desk, but with only 2 actually checking guests in.

When I eventually reached the end of the line I was peremptorily beckoned forward by Eloy who proceeded to bombard me with standard hotel statements and information. I expect warmth, hospitality and friendliness from hotel reception staff and I got zero. Despite arriving well after 3:30 our non-smoking room was still unavailable and to save myself more waiting time I opted for a smoking room; this is clearly a standard ploy.

The room key fiasco is described by my friend in the previous post, so all I'll say is, Eloy, you need to work on your hotel policies - insisting that I come back to the desk from the 8th floor, farthest room away, to get a new key (instead of sending some up; what an idea!) is unacceptable. It was your keys/lock that didn't function you needed to sort it out! The maintenance guy was great by the way.

The room (in the Casino tower) was acceptable, a little grubby, but comfortable enough. Other than that not much else to recommend it. The staff in the HR Cafe outside were excellent and the food reasonable.

A lot is said about the resort tax and I would say that it is just a way to boost the room prices. What you get for it is only what you might expect from any hotel as part of the inclusive costs.

Beware the shuttle; it goes to the Fashion Mall (north end of the strip near Treasure Island) so if you think you're just going up E. Harmon to the centre of the strip (the natural direction for a 20 min walk), you've got a long walk back! I did!

Room Tip: Keep away from the pool area at the weekends.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The service & cleanliness was GREAT!! We arrived on a Wednesday and all was well. But once the weekend came, things get crazy. The pool area, which is awesome, became this "party central"!! Now back in my younger days, I probably would've enjoyed this, but I've come to realize that I showed my age. Then we found out, a reality show (Rehab) is taped at the location - it all made sense. Other than that, the hotel & staff were awesome.

• Stayed: April 2013
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your team member interactions and in room experience. I apologize for any inconveneince the Rehab party may have caused you. Please know we always have our other pools on the weekend as well such as Nirvana which are typically more relaxed and less crowded on the weekends.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of the supercross fan block! The hotel is awesome, lots to do, the most comfy beds ever in a hotel! The rooms are really clean too. You must try pink taco! Delicious!

My only wish is that hard rock was on the strip. If it was I would never stay anywhere else! Will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Pool view was great, hotel is cool. Nice decor. Room was big, bed was comfy.... We stayed to attend a concert, which was fantastic...

The only downside is the hard rock, like most of the other hotels closes their pool earlier than we would have liked, and we didn't get the chance to utilize any of their facilities... They looked amazing though!

Would definitely recommend.