“Enjoyable but not exactly what we expected”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Ranked #78 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Port Douglas, Australia
“Enjoyable but not exactly what we expected”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked here for two nights and requested a king bed with mountain view. unfortunately we only had the bed as from the 5th floor the only thing we could see was the roof of the building below us. I was too tired to ask for another room as we drove all day and spent 30 minutes to find our way in the hotel/casino, we could see we were not alone in that situation, few more signs wouldn't hurt.
Beside this, the room was clean and the service was friendly and professional, the casino was great and offering a wide range of food and bars.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hard Rock M, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the lack of a view from your room. We are sorry to learn that we did not have the opportunity to address the concern during your stay. We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy our resturants and other amenities.

This valuable feedback enables us to maintain a consistent high level of service, as well as monitor areas that may need attention to prevent any future concerns.

If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,049)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff is friendly and attractive throughout the hotel. Dont expect your server @ Pink Taco to tell you about the Happy Hour specials. He will be to occupied with selling you a bottle of wine or a pitcher. The food is great and team of food runners will have you food to your table piping hot. Just ask about drink specials or you will be foolishly overpaying for your drinks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns. I appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff and ready to order quality meals. I have communicated your concerns to Pink Taco management regarding effectively informing our guests of available specials.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel while in town for a business meeting. The hotel is nice but there's limited signage directing you to the lobby from the parking garages. The room I had reserved was not available at check in, so I was upgraded to a pool view non-smoking room. My room was in the Paradise Tower. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small but the shower was nice. The hotel does hit you with a $22+tax/night resort fee without much to show for it. The internet was included in the fee, and it was sufficient for my needs. The pool was closed for refurbishment while I was there, but I could see how the room could be loud on the weekends from overlooking the pool. There was some noise from the airport, so if you're a light sleeper make sure you pack earplugs. Mr Lucky's was a great place to stop for a quick bite to eat.

Room Tip: Pool views are nice and can give you a view of the strip, but with events happening at the pool duri...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Elizabeth33963
Peterborough
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed for two night sat & Sun in Feb. Good price for the room. Casino Tower. Thats the quieter one i have been told. Easy to park & checkin was easy. (22 dollar resort tax remember). Great room. Wicked and comfortable beds. Bose radio & large tv, but you are not gonna stay in a room in Vegas are you ? Well if you do you can order in some sexy items from the handy in room list ! Yes its very ' sex sells ' vegas. Plenty of nice and reasonable places to get food. They do let you smoke in the casino , bit off putting to us English i thought and non smokers. They do also have a couple of girls dancing on poles on Sat night and the whole place has a rock n roll feel . Its a Hard Rock . If thats not your thing avoid. If you like it you will lap it all up . We thought it was great fun and value for Vegas . It was Feb so not full of young hipsters , summer maybe different. Would recommend it thou. IF ITS TO LOUD YOUR TOO OLD !!

Room Tip: Go High and remember where you parked !!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was my 9th visit to Vegas in 5 years and I have to say I did not enjoy this hotel at all. Registration was not a simple process as I was informed my reservation had not been received from the booking agent, this took over an hour to resolve
I was upgraded to the Paradise Tower but wish now I had stayed in the Casino Tower as the walk to my room took an age, through long corridors, up 16 flights then right to the end of another corridor. The view of the strip in the distance made the room feel very lonely and with the black bathroom and decor this was a very lonely room.
The emphasis on this hotel is definately not gaming and moreabout music which played 24 hours a day. The sound of the slots or the casino could not be heard. The tables are black and there is no buzz in this place and the tables in the HRH extension are deserted as is the bar.
It is a 10 minute taxi ride to the strip and nothing else around so you feel very isolated here. We eat at 35 the steak restaurant which was very good although service was very slow. The 24/7 diner is typical greasy american junk food and worth a miss.
Overall I rate this as a bad experience as I love Vegas, downtown and the strip

Room Tip: Don't get a room with a view over the strip, you will feel very isolated, Paradise room had very...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the distance to your room and the in room decor. I have communicated your concerns regarding the warmth of the room and assecibility to the Paradise Tower room from the casino. Please know we also provide a shuttle throughout the day from our property to The Strip as part of our resort experience at no additional cost. I also greatly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your dining experience at 35 Steaks & Martinis.

The valuable feedback enables us to maintain a consistent high level of service, as well as monitor areas that may need attention to prevent any future concerns.

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very clean hotel, friendly employees, comfortable bed BUT --- NOTHING IS REALLY INCLUDED. Resort fee is high and all we really were able to use was the internet (part of resort fee). Main gym was closed by the time I returned from activities every day. Unless you want to get up early everyday it is out of the option. The shuttle between Mall only runs from 10 AM to 5 Pm. Really who starts that late and returns that early. Pool is closed but you can pay anouther $25 above the $24 already required you pay and get to use the spa. They wont even keep an outdoor hottub operating. They got them I went and looked but they are turned off, and the pool that is open outside is not even heated.

They want you to buy the expesive coffee they sell down stairs so they do not give you a coffee pot in your room.
It will cost you about $15 to get somewhere and $15 to get back to the hotel. Trust me we walk alot and did try walking to the strip two times but it is A LONG WAYS.
The TV did not have enough premium channels. If it had anything it might have had HBO. A hotel of this class should do better.
Will stay somewhere else next time. Sad because with just a few changes they would not make people feel like they are trying to screw them over now that they got them there.

Just give people a heated pool, hot tub, coffee pot in room, better TV chanels, and better shuttle schedual. (8-8 at least). Why close the gym?
Do all that and you are a 5 all the way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've been to Vegas many times and so far the HRH has been my favorite place to stay. I've stayed here twice now. Both times I was able to find a great rate online. The staff at the HRH desk were always friendly and it's extremely convenient that it has its own cab line and check in. I love the music and atmosphere of the smallish casino. I've never encountered a dealer here that was terrible at what they do or just plain rude like at some of the other casinos. The pool area is spacious and always a fun time. The rooms which are all suites on the HRH side are sizable. Beds are comfortable and the music selection touch screen on the wall is a nice touch. Room was always cleaned to my satisfaction. As for the distance to the strip... It's a short cheap cab ride not worth complaining about. Seriously, it's $8 with tip and you split that with whoever you are riding with. Compared to everything else in Vegas that's practically free! You could walk if you want to but my time and sweat are worth more than that. I believe they also provide a shuttle but I have never used it. The only downside I remember was the relatively long walk through the casino in the morning to the little cafe for my morning coffee but it was no big deal. Just get ready for that if you are like me and can't function without a giant coffee. I have never stayed in the regular rooms, just the HRH, so I can't comment on the condition of those. Finally, as to the resort fee- almost all Vegas hotels charge one now. At some hotels it's up to $30/night! I believe last time I stayed at the HRH in april it was $17/night. Expect it, accept it. Yes it's a "hidden fee" and its admittedly annoying and it would be better if it was just built into the booking cost but resort fees aren't going anywhere anytime soon so plan for it and don't get angry with the desk staff! It's not their fault.

Room Tip: Book HRH if you can afford it or find a good rate
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. It is very meaningful to us to have loyal guests who take the time to write about their great experiences and also give future guests a clear picture of what to expect while staying with us.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com