“I love Hard Rock!!!”

Ranked #76 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vallejo, California
“I love Hard Rock!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

i went to Vegas for my first time and me and my girls fell in love with Hard Rock just by looking at the pictures online... when i arrived to the Hotel i was so excited...the people there are very friendly... i loved my room and the pool parties are just like what you see on Television...its soooo much fun!! i recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to visit Las Vegas. it's not on the strip, but taxi rides aren't that long so you don't spend too much money on taxi. thank you Hard Rock for such a great experience. they have it all!! casino, sports bar, bars, concerts, pool parties you name it they have it!!! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maricela M
Hard Rock M, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,069)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am happy that I have had friends that went earlier in the season so I knew what & what not to do. Here is the lowdown: Hard Rock is not on strip, so cab ride to & from is a must.
YES, it is as crazy as seen on TV. If you do not want to be 'in the party' then maybe pass on this pool on a Sunday. Our main goal as to see Nelly perform (& to still be sober enough to remember it). I had heard performers do not go on until 3:30-ish, so we did not even go until 1:30pm. We bought tickets online in advance to avoid standing in the ticket line. You still have to stand in a check-in line & then a security line. Since we did not get there until 1:30pm, lines were not too bad & we knew in advance we would be waiting in lines, so we had a positive attitude about it. I have heard if go there right at opening, it can take over an hour with lines & security. Another tip is they do not allow any bags/purse bigger than a clutch & NO glass (including mirror in a compact) is allowed. It costs $ to check any bags that are larger than allowed size, so knowing in advance I just brought a small wrist clutch with $, ID, camera, & epi-pen (they allow this & were cool about it. I am allergic to bees). This is also nice when you want to leave you do not need to stand in line to get your checked bag back. Security is a bit testy, but I understand why, lots of drunks & other stuff. The girl in front of us tried to agrue for at least 5-7 minutes about not wanting to throw out her powder compact that had a mirror on it (she could have also checked these items, but was just being annoying & holding up line. Wish security would have just let us go ahead of her while she argued). Once we go it, it is craziness. We went to the left to bar underneath a roof, the farther you go away from main pool & stage, the less the lines are for the bar. It is going to cost you to drink here. Esp, mixed drinks, so maybe go for a beer instead. My husband & I shared a bucket of beer & 2 bottle of water for $60. I see it as the cost including part of the atmosphere. We actually found a rather quiet spot outside this bar by a lazy river type pool. There were actually a few couples hanging out over there & really enjoyed it. We just put our feet in the pool & did not worry about renting a chair or cabana. Once 3:30 hit, I made my way to the stage because I wanted to see Nelly. Once we moved to this part of the pool, that is where the craizness begins: be prepared to be splashed, drinks spilled on, etc. So many girls were yelling & gettting upset they were getting splashed. Well, you are at a pool people, it is going to happen here, so maybe stay away from pool area if you have an issue with this. Only thing that I would have liked to seen better is all the wet towels all on the outisde of the daybeds, etc were getting in the way of were we were standing by the stage & i tripped on accidentally a couple of times. If they had employee just to go around & pick up towels all over ground, that would be helpful (& a full time job). For the concert: Nelly....AMAZING! I will be back to Vegas where ever he plays!!!!! All in all, it is an experience. I was happy to experience it once. I would go back again if there was a 'must see' person in concert, but it is more for singles. Being happily married, it is not a place for couples to just hang & be romantic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeannie K
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very hard rock hotel,but not too close to center of Las vegas. Excellent design in the hall.Amazing bad in the room.Nice casino.Good teritory with good swiming pool.Nice personal.Crazy people in hotel.Nice party in the hotel club.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ivanofff
Frankfurt
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I knew it before - the location is off the strip. By foot it takes about 20 minutes to get there. The hotel is close to the airport but the airplane noice did not bother me. There is a direct public bus to the airport which I took and it was a $2 airport transfer perfect.
The room was nice and spacious. Nothing to complain about, also considering that I avoided to pay the resort fee by booking through a tour operator.
The pool is the best. I hung out almost one complete day. It was mid-week, so no huge party, but still nice music and some people. Nothing crazy.
Would come again and try to be there on a weekend - just to see how crazy the rehab party really is.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank arnsch
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked a mountain view, king bed room and when I arrived I was given a room with 2 queen beds overlooking the pool and loud evening band-goodby sleep. When I ask to see a manager and showed my voucher, I was told that they could put me anywhere they wanted. So much for booking ahead. Half way through my stay I wanted to extend another day and the front desk said no problem just check when I wanted to stay the extra day- no notice given or booking so when I went to rebook I was told the hotel was full and I would have to leave but they might find me another hotel some distance away. Of course I would have to pay a cab to get me there. If I ever stay at a hard rock again it probably will be too soon. The bell men were quite helpful and probably should be promoted but why insult them

Room Tip: don't bother booking ahead, it's a waste of time
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank richard d
Hard Rock M, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the noise related issues. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Austin
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hopefully this review will help you decide if this party is for you or not. I was always curious about it and now I can say I've been there and done that. I didn't think the line was too bad. We had tickets through some promoter (which I recommend) so it we didn't wait nearly as long as others. Don't take a beach bag, you can't have it in there. They want to insure that ZERO outside food or drink gets in so they will make you check (you have to pay by the way) you're bag if it's larger than a clutch. Next is the chairs. We went to the back side since the crowd was piling up on the front side. It's a good choice if you wanna have a party but don't want the party to have you. Price is 150 in food /drink per chair. This won't be hard because the mixed drinks are about 30 a pop. Drink 5 over the day and you're golden. I didn' think they were very strong, but I'm a real drinker. If you order food, be prepared because the portion matches the price. You wil definately get you're money's worth and then some. I recommend the slider tray with fries and onion rings adn you can feed a few folks. You will see many who did not opt to get a chair or cabana "lounging" on a towel along the sides of the pools, on a rock, a retaining wall, or anywhere they can. The smart money (for ladies at least) is to either get one of the guys to cut you a deal (I think we got 5 chairs for 350) or just get one chair and have your party share it. Now on to the not so great parts when it stopped being fun. I like pool parties. They usually involve drinking, relaxing and just the right amount of naughtiness. Ummmmm, so at rehab I only got a little of each. I had an okay buzz and was relaxed for about an hour. Which is not exactly bad, but I was definately expecting more from the staff to make the day entertaining before I flew back home. Maybe it was an unusal day since Nelly made a special appearance. Made even more "special" by the 1-1/2 hour wait! So the "concert" starts and every person there decides Nelly came all that way just to see them. To put in in perspective, I never once even set one toe in the pool in front of the stage because (1) I couldn't since every square inch was occupied by a body and (2) I realized those bodies had been standing and drinking in the same spot for hours....eeewwwww. At the end of the performance I was however, soaking wet from the sweat of hundreds of people shoving their way to the front. They could use a little more security for these things so people don't get trampled. So, you should go at least once if you're wondering how crunk it can get, cuz it is after all a pool party. And any party is mostly what you make it. I just didn't have the best time. Just bear in mind that our waitress was like "I see more and more ridiculous things at this party every Sunday. I would never come here if I wasn't working."

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TexasRox
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2012

You may read the title and think, of course it is over priced. It is Vegas," but let me explain.

I bought a can of beer at the pool. It was $8. I think bought a bottle of Heineken. It was $13. My wife bought a mixed drink, $30. I have been to a few places around Vegas and those prices are somewhat consistent, but they usually put something on special for those who want to hang by the pool and have a party. I am not that disappointed about it, but it is a little annoying. Just come prepared.

The part that made me want to write a review is the general state of service and facilities.

The Staff: Every bit of staff we have encountered has been gruff, mean, and rude. I will give a couple examples. The pool opens at 11 (which is kind of ridiculous). We sat in a chair at 10:55 and a security guard yelled at my wife and made everybody leave the area for two minutes. Maybe it is a strict rule, but he could have communicated better. I ordered a breakfast sandwich in the cafe and the girl behind the counter rolled her eyes and sighed. When we checked in, the girl behind the counter wouldn't answer our questions. She just kept trying to sell us stuff. We are very forgiving people, but the whole place has an air of negativity. So bad that we went to a bar across the street to hang out. While we were there, a bartender that works at the Hard Rock came in. We started talking to him and he confirmed that their are management problems and people need to be trained on how to be good servers... that everybody is angry all the time. Who wants to deal with that?

The facilities:
I remember the Hard Rock being a nice place. Now it looks a little run down. The curtains in our room are full of stains. They only gave us two towels. Many of the bars have taps that aren't in service. Just seems like the place is having some financial trouble.

I write this in the middle of my stay. Will edit if anything good or bad happens.

The short story is that there are many places to stay in Vegas. Most charge ridiculous prices for food and drink. The difference is that you get service and a nice environment. That is the trade off. The Hard Rocks acts like you are putting them out.

Room Tip: Stay in the paradise tower and pay for the pool view or you will be staring at the airport.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple