“This Hotel is tired...”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #76 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 11, 2007

The Hard Rock was recently refurbished yet it has a way to go.
The casino is smalllish but fine, rock music and memorabilia liven it up a bit. The room was adequate for the price-small dated bathroom though. Plasma t.v. is a nice touch and the bed was comfy with decent sheets (we hate scratchy sheets!).
The location isn't the greatest and we were a bit put off by being required to sign an agreement upon check-in that if we didn't check out on-time there would be a $100 per hour charge.
We understand that there must be a need for this but it just didn't seem very customer friendly.

Stayed: November 2007
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas

Reviewed December 3, 2007

We stayed at the Hard Rock hotel this past weekend and it was a really nice hotel. Everything was exceptionally clean, and the housekeeping staff did a fabulous job. The hotel atmosphere was great---quiet around the room areas and a gigantic party at night around the casino, restaurants, and club.

I definitely recommend this hotel. it's not very far from the strip at all, probably about a $7 cab ride away from the strip. the casino was cool because it wasn't super crowded until later on in the evening.

the only bad thing about this hotel is that i think it's made for short people! I'm about 5'4" and the showerhead was just high enough for me to use, but no one taller than me! and i found the beds were a little small (my feet could almost hang off).

so if you're a big guy, i would try to request maybe a king bed type room (if available). otherwise, very fun place! I'd def stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank nitalp429
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We usually stay at the Palms or THE Hotel in Las Vegas, but we got such a good deal on Hotels.com we decided to give the Hard Rock Hotel a try. What a mistake! Here's why:

1. They charge you a $7 per night "resort fee." Ok, I know, 7 bucks isn't bad, but the hotel is not a resort! It's the principal.

2. You must make a $150 deposit at check-in which gets charged immediately to your card to insure against any damages. Um, I'm sorry, but last time I checked I'm just a marketing gal livin' in LA - not a roadie touring with Aerosmith.

3. They lose your stuff! Yes, that's right. I left my cell phone in the room for the day - noticed that it wasn't in my bag when I got in the elevator. Didn't bother going back to the room to get it because I figured it would be safe. Was I wrong. Came back to the room later that day...the cell phone is NO WHERE to be found. Called housekeeping, front desk, security, their LINEN company!!! Nothing. I filed a report and that's it. They said there's nothing they can do. No accountability whatsoever or offer to reimburse me.

4. Honestly guys, the hotel is just not that cool anymore. It's in need of some serious renovations and the design is pretty stale. If you want cool, hip/trendy, fun - stay at the new Palms Tower or THE Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank LosAngelesNYC
Reviewed November 7, 2007

my husband and i stayed here for our 7th aniversary. If you are looking to PARTY hard stay here. You will feel like you are living a movie stars life here, party night and day. If you want to be able to relaxe stay some where else. I would say if you are turning 21 and going to vages with friends stay here you wont forget it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nailgal
Reviewed October 26, 2007

The Hard Rock was the last of the "energetic" Vegas properties I had not stayed at before. I've been told by friends what a great place this is...great food...great crowd...great ambience. I guess it was like seeing a blockbuster movie that all the critics raved about...you have to come away disappointed. That was my stay.

The good...the ambience was very cool...the whole rock-n-roll thing? I get it. And appropriately so, it's 90% rock...with zero rap or hip-hop that I could see. Thank god.

The casino was fine other than the two morons at my blackjack table who insisted on sharing their knowledge of all things with everyone else. Seeing as how they kept losing green and black chips left and right, I guess that knowledge stayed back home in Podunk.

Ate at Pink Taco, decent Mexican fare...now to the room. WOW. Ever hear of steam-cleaning and carpet shampoo...or are you just content with a carpet that looks like poo. I refused to take my shoes off unless I was getting into the lumpy uneven mattress to go to sleep. The volume on the TV had a mind of its own and would go from a comfortable level to ear-blasting all of its own volition. Like all rooms, mine opened with a double-door t the outside world. That was nice. But I was on the 3rd floor on the pool side. Just about the worst possible view of the pool area you can imagine.

One major positive...this property is not a massive city unto itself like some casinos have become. It was easy to get from one end to the other, out to the pool, out to the parking lot, etc.

Next review? Four Seasons Las Vegas next week...

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank kujhawk
Reviewed October 10, 2007

My husbsand and I are in our late 50's. We absolutely loved our stay at the Hard Rock and can't wait to go back. Our suite was lovely and the view of the pool was beautiful. We enjoyed the energy of the daily music at the pool. Every one of the staff members we came into contact was very friendly and accomodating. The massages at the spa are the best we have had and worth every penny. We visited a lot of the larger casinos which we enjoyed very much, but we were always happy to get back to the Hard Rock. The Pink Taco has terrific Mexican food and the service was superb. Thank you to all of you who made our vacation so special. Dell & Karen Redding, California

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Stayed at the Hard Rock for the first time from a Monday through Wednesday. Great time to stay here, not as crazy but still really fun. I found it nice to not be at a huge casino/hotel, it was so easy to get to the pool and not have to walk 2 miles. Room was good enough, probably could be updated a bit. We got a pool cabana for both days, loved it! Great service, misters to keep you cool, and super music all throughout the place. Nobu is always a hit, and used the really nice gym and spa as well.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple