“A slice of home in the midst of craziness”

Hampton Inn Las Vegas/Summerlin
Ranked #59 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We needed a place to stay that was quiet, peaceful, relaxing, smoke-free, and no gambling in the lobby. This was the place! Even though its in the Summerlin area, the Strip is not too far away. It had a microwave and good size refrigerator which is perfect for our family of 5. The Breakfast was good and plentiful. The baked cookies at night in the lobby were a nice touch. Best of all, the room key served as a free pass to the local Gold's Gym, which was only a few blocks away and open 24/7.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Las Vegas/Summerlin

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Can't say enough about the staff at this Hampton Hotel. We stayed there 3 nights with a softball team. Our rooms were ready upon our arrival and they even accommodated our request to be on the same floor with 2 rooms connecting. Anthony was especially helpful with suggestions for area restaurants and even made cookies for us one afternoon. The rooms were very clean and well equipped. The beds are very comfortable. The location was great, away from The Strip but close enough to I15 and 215 that we could get to our destinations easily. I would recommend if you are looking for a nice quiet clean hotel away from The Strip, this is it. It was also close to grocery stores, Target and several restaurants. The breakfast had a good variety and the dining area was clean and comfortable. We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Spent a week in Las Vegas on business and wanted a place that was quiet and away from it all. I FOUND IT! I really enjoyed this hotel. It is located in an area that is developed and offers convenience. Lots of choices to choose from for eating and across the street from a Target. The gym is small, but did the job. The laundry is on the first floor and only $1 a load. The hotel was very quiet, walls were thick. The front desk staff were AWESOME! They we so friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is free and and great selections ( waffles, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, etc...) Also, if you did not have time for breakfast, they had grab and go breakfast bags that were a nice touch. Rooms were a nice size, but the carpet looked liked it needed a good cleaning. The hotel is a NON-SMOKING hotel!

Room Tip: If you plan on using the laundry and gym and want convenience, stay on the first floor.
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great location, with easy access to all the frills. The rooms were nice as well as the staff

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have one more night booked here and am desperately hoping that my back will recover and that I won't be dead tired on the long road home late tomorrow; I also have two intense days of a seminar to attend and being tied is not what I paid for. In fact I choose this hotel over others due to its high reviews (I awarded only 2 stars instead of 3 so others will beware.) The room itself is functional and clean. . . that is nice. My room overlooks the busy freeway; I am on the third floor and the stairs lead directly to the parking area which is convenient. An elevator is available.

But do not be fooled if you need a good sleeping surface....after all that is the number one thing one pays for in a motel....a GOOD bed and a sound and restful night's sleep. This Inn earned only 2 stars because of the attitude of front desk and their inability to help. I was not offered direction as to where my room was located and when I asked received a surly answer, not impolite, I could overlook it but not exactly welcoming. Next issue is the air conditioner, during the day it seems to function like a charm but at night no matter how low you set the temp it seems to be fixed at a certain level.... that level was not all the cool especially for sleeping. All that happened was that the fan never cycled off... nice and loud! <sigh>

After discovering the miserable mattress I flipped it. Not easy for a small woman to do by herself; the opposite side was a little better. I also tired stuffing the blanket, etc under the bottom sheet....helped a little but I still woke with a very sore back and hips and am short of sleep.

Called the front desk...the phone guide is wrong... btw.... the shortcuts do not work. The morning desk clerk, maybe the same person? was equally unwelcoming without being rude. All their beds were replaced 2 years ago she told me and none of them were any different, all the same. That's hard to believe.... if these beds are only 2 years old they must have scoured the market for poor quality beds. No mattress toppers or anything else available.... and all the rooms will be filled for tonight so she couldn't switch me. Basically my only hope is being sent an extra blanket. .

Motels are in the business of providing a variety of needs.... mine is for a good nights sleep. I hopped in the shower to relieve my tiredness and sore back.... nice shower head and lots of hot water but very little water pressure <sigh... why does one have to pay so much for lack of comfort?) Maybe tonight will be better. Am tired and weary this morning.

5  Thank Gingersky
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Great Customer Service, morning breakfast buffet is pretty good, clean room, good layout, convenient location.

But avoid room 135. Very noisy equipment in adjacent room, sounds like the furnace or something. Plus, bottom floor is not so good, the ceiling isn't insulated that well, you can hear ppl walking above you.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top level (3). AVOID room 135!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Far from the action of Las Vegas but it was clean and quiet. Only drawback was that there was a high school basketball tournament group staying there so they descended on the breakfasts like locust and we never did get to eat breakfast there. But on the plus side, it was clean and most importantly quiet.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends