12,925 results
All reviews rush tower carson tower shark tank gold tower fremont street chart house claim jumper stay downtown fremont experience downtown vegas k cups light show old vegas pool area coupon book adult pool bottled water
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed this weekend and could not have been more disappointed. First off, I was assigned a smoking room. When I called to see if I could be moved to a non-smoking room, as I am severely sensitive to smoke. I was rudely told that because of the room type I chose, is ‘run of house’ that the hotel has full discretion to assign non smoking or smoking rooms. However, the website, does not indicate that! It specifically says ‘bed type assigned at check in’. And ‘non-smoking rooms are available’. Needless to say that started things off on the wrong foot.

The bathroom was disgusting. The shower did not drain, there was rust on the side of the tub and the shower curtain, and the caulking needs to be redone (I have plenty of photos as proof). I never once felt clean or comfortable in that bathroom.

Then, the wireless internet never worked! I called multiple times a day, all three days to see if it could be resolved and to no avail.

I am unsure if this is the service they always provide or if they felt that they could provide subpar service because the festival clientele they were hosting for the weekend. I booked my room months ago and had plenty of choices. I normally stay on the strip and was apprehensive about staying at a hotel off the strip, but chose The Golden Nugget thinking that it would be superior to the other options downtown. My stay this weekend proved that this was not the case. Completely disappointed and disgusted with my stay and will never choose The Golden Nugget as an option in my future visits to Las Vegas.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

70s style golden nugget casino exceeded our expectations. Great big room and very very clean as well. Free parking garage. Great pool with good cocktails all at a very reasonable price. We would definitly stay here again

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CourtneyGoldenNugget, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much, Robin V! Although we are constantly making improvements and renovations we like to keep our "Vintage Vegas" vibes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm writing this at 2:30 in the morning because there's so much mechanical noise outside my seventh floor Rush Tower room that it's impossible to sleep. There seem to be a couple of different very loud machines that are running all night. One is like a lawnmower or a saw that is running constantly. The other is a loud, low thumping that repeats every 20 seconds or so. The windows are vibrating. The front desk was unhelpful and the manager simply said she didn't know about any problems. Avoid this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've stayed at the Golden Nugget Lake Charles several times and was wanting the Las Vegas GN to be similar, well it wasn't. Don't get me wrong it's not bad but could be better. We were staying Downtown so the area is a little seedier but the overall hotel seemed a little unkept. I understand that the hotel is old but the carpets were dirty and stained and the hallways were kind of dark. We're arrived after 11pm and there was noone in line but it took more than 10 min to check in. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
CourtneyGoldenNugget, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Patsy! Lake Charles is very new compared to our historic property built in 1946. We are constantly updating and refreshing areas of the property, apologies that the carpet in your area was stained. Please reach out to us and let us know the exact location so we can send a request to house keeping.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from yet another stay at GN LV, and once again, it was great! We got a "Rush Tower" room that was spaceous, clean, and just awesome! The 'Grotto' restaurant was excellent as usual, The Claim Jumper breakfast was also very good. The "Tank' pool was closed for swimmers for a few hours due to a 'biological hazard', so we went up the stairs to the upper pool- it was fine, just windy. The Craps tables offered $5 minimum, so we spent alot of fun time there. The outdoor Fremont canopy nightly entertainment was fabulous. We'll be back to the GN as it just can't be beat for Downtown Vegas Baby! (P.S. our only "Problem" we encountered with GN personnel was at the "Casino Host" Desk- she was snarky and lied about applying our comps to the bill. The Front desk had to fix it)

Room tip: Rush Tower is preferred.
Date of stay: September 2019

Hi Brownd3max! Thank you for your review, we are so sorry about the incident at the casino host desk but we are happy the front desk was able to fix things. Thank you for your understanding about the pool, we only want out guests in the water when it is safe and clean!