“Terrific”

Ranked #91 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Cairns, Australia
“Terrific”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed in the older towe, Carson, and it was faultless. The 'flowery?' theme in the room is beautiful and very new. I guess it's just a matter of taste!

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Just back from the Golden Nugget after spending days here finding a nice hotel to try. Stayed 5 days at the Gold Tower - the room was excellent, no problems to speak of - if there is one extra that I would have enjoyed it would have been an in-room fridge but I never did get around to seeing if one could be rented or not or if another Gold Tower room was around with one in it. No matter, the room was always done up quickly, the safe, beds, linens were a.ok. The bathroom is a biiit small for 2 people - no problem at all for 1 person. I used the In-room WebTV (9.99 for 24 hours of internet) and had no problem using it once I changed the batteries out of the wireless keyboard, they had clearly died. I enjoyed the hotel very much, aside from the large numbers of smokers which are unfortunately everywhere in vegas. The poolside was very nice and although there was one occassion where drunk, loud americans managed to puke all over their cabanna, they were taken out quickly and the cleanup was rapid. Restaurants were very nice with no trouble to speak of. The buffet was always clean and updated (although I learned slightly smaller than other places close-by).

In terms of the casino there: I can't say i was lucky at anything although the baccarat was good to me. The players at the blackjack tables are some of the worst I have ever seen in my life - no idea of basic strategy what-so-ever and I found that they often abused the dealers for no actual reason. My pity goes to the staff who have to deal with such horrid people.

all said and done I give it a thumbs up, being right on freemont street and being easily accessible.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We got a package deal online, and the room worked out to be about $80 per night for both of us. We had a room in the oldest tower (Carson Tower) and the rooms had dated decor and linens (flower mania--reminded me of a grandma's room), BUT the beds were SO COMFY. Lovely, pillow-top mattress. We had a room with two queens and it was big enough for the two of us. A nice perk (that we hardly used) was the huge, flat-screen TV in the room.

Also, I want to note that we took the Gold bus to the strip multiple times. It only costs $3 per person to get to the Strip on this bus. This Gold bus is the EXPRESS bus, stops right across the street from one of the Golden Nugget's exits (on the Freemont Street side), and takes you to the heart of the strip in just 20 or 30 minutes (getting to the strip takes maybe 15 minutes, but getting the Bellagio can be another 15 minutes longer due to the horrific traffic). Buses run VERY frequently, day and night. The longest we waited was just 20 minutes and that was in the middle of the night. So, take the GOLD Bus to get from the Golden Nugget to the Strip on the cheap! Buses were clean, safe, spacious, CHEAP, and FAST (especially compared to the slower public buses that stop every two minutes and take at least four times as long).

The Golden Nugget staff told us about the Gold Bus and I will forever be in debt to the lovely man who told us about this.

The pool is awesome. SHARK SLIDE!!

We ate at the buffet for breakfast. It was a weekend so more expensive (champagne brunch), but whatevs. It was fine. The only thing that I really dis-liked is that we happened to be seated near the escalator and there were people in the hallway right outside the restaurant chain smoking (no barrier between the hallway and the restaurant). I find cigarette smoke totally un-appetizing so didn't really eat very much.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This was our second trip to Las Vegas, last year we stayed at the Riveria (ugh), so this year after much debate we decided to experience the Freemont Experience and stay at the Golden Nugget. We arrived on 5/2/10 and had about a 30 minute wait for check-in. We had booked a 4 day stay in the Carson Tower through Delta Vacations, but once we explained to Ray Santos (Front Desk Rep.) that we were celebrating our 1 yr. anniversary Ray upgraded our room to the Rush Tower for the rest of the week. We were blown away, This was a very nice gesture that just shows the quality of personnel that work at the Golden Nugget. We had a wonderful 4 days, I would surely recommend to anyone to stay at the Golden Nugget. The staff is very nice, there were no complaints about the room, the pool area is beautiful, the buffet could stand some improvement, but hey nothing is perfect. If you want to experience a wonderful stay minus the hustle and bustle of the strip, downtown at the Golden Nugget is recommended highly.

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed at the Golden Nugget from May 1st - May 4th in the Rush Tower. The room was great. It had a king sized pillow top bed, feather pillows, leather L-shaped couch, plasma TV, and a good view. The view we had was of the pool, Stratosphere, Rio, Trump, and the mountains. I have stayed on the strip 2 times before staying downtown and I really enjoyed my downtown LV stay. Previously I stayed at Monte Carlo in 2004 and Treasure Island in 2006. I would stay at the Golden Nugget again. The pictures on their website accurately depict the new Rush Tower. We also ate at Vic and Anthony's in the Golden Nugget and it was just about the best steak I have eaten. I had the bone in ribeye and it was cooked to perfection and was like butter melting in my mouth. My wife had the 6oz filet and she really enjoyed it too.

1 Thank JasonWW
England
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We stayed here for three nights in a club room. We had priority check in and use of the VIP lounge. There was a huge line to check in at the normal desks so it was great to get checked in straight away at the VIP desk. Our room was on the 16th floor which you needed a key card to access. Our room was amazing. It was nice and large with a big bathroom, a huge tv and a sofa. The view from the window wasnt great but then we didnt spend that much time in the room looking out of the window. There was free coffee in the morning delivered to the floor and also in the afternoon jely beans, M&M's and assorted nuts. There were also free bottles of water. The price of the club room also included a newspaper and internet access. The club room was only a little bit more money but with the extra bits you got it was well worth it.
The hotel itself was great. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and good fun. The swimming pool was great with the shark tank to swim around. We also never had any problem finding a lounger.
We ate in the Chart House restaurant which was amazing. The scallops were to die for.
All in all we had a great time at this hotel and managed to look all around Fremont street end. I would absolutely stay here again it truly exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hendes1
Hinrich_12
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Big tvs. Comfortable beds. Awesome pool. Amazing value.
The check-in line was a little crowded but not too bad. The first room I went into had a pair of wet pajama pants in it and smelled a lit funny so I called the front desk. They sent someone up with 2 minutes. They switched my room and gave me a strip view. There was construction going on on that side but that was no fault of the hotel. I accidentally left 2 pairs of designer sunglasses in the room and thought they would be lost forever but to my surprise they were waiting for me at the lost and found. I think the staff here really wants you to be happy and come back. It was refreshing compared to some of the other Vegas hotels I've stayed in. RIVIERA is the worst!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends