“First time staying here and was great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Nugget Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #85 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lakeville, Minnesota
“First time staying here and was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed June 9 and 10 - loved the hotel/casino/restaruants and pool areas - (although hoping next trip not as many kids in the pool as school will still be in session) - really love the option of the adult pool later at night, was actually peaceful . Have stayed downtown many times but never at GN, used GroupOn offers for the rooms. Will be back - hopefully we will get some offers from our gambling this past trip :)

Room Tip: I only know we had a room in Carson Tower and it was perfectly fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gramsclp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

It's cheaper than the strip and there is a shark tank in the pool with a slide in it. Vic and Anthony's steak house is a must. Not as polished as some of the other hotels but the rooms are just as nice. The only downside is the busy pool.it can be a struggle to get a bed.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holidayz2101
Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at the Golden Nugget because my daughter wanted to go to the pool, which I'll review separately. We got a room in the Rush tower, but in the 5th floor, facing a roof of a building with two large flood lights directed at our window. Fortunately the curtains did a great job of hiding the light.

Our room was very well appointed and looked exactly like the ones on the website. There was plenty of storage, the furniture was stylish and the bathroom large. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and one of my daughters managed to sleep on the modular chair/sofa not too uncomfortably. There were some problems with the room, e.g. lack of TP, but they were quickly solved.

One minus if you have kids is that they don't have any children TV channels. We don't have cable at home so my kids like to stay in hotels so that they can watch them, but there were no such options here. Also, internet is an additional $13.

All in all I liked the hotel, though it was very crowded. We usually stay on the strip, and I liked how small this place was and how little I had to walk. We had dinner at a restaurant in the hotel which was pretty good, and did some gambling as well. It was smokey, but not more than at most hotels.

Room Tip: In the Rush tower, ask for a room high in the tower (above 10th floor) with an even number.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank soyyo
Astoria, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We (2 adults, 1 child) stayed here from July 31-Aug 4, 2014. Went with the least expensive room in the Carson Tower, 4th floor, room 454. Have to say very pleased with the size of the room - must have one of the older ones, as it was very large. View was of some not very interesting buildings which were hard to see anyway as there were spotlights literally right outside our window shining at us at night. Thank goodness for the blackout drapes. Now, they proudly tout themselves as having "no resort fees" BUT do charge $13 a day for Wi-Fi access, which resort fees normally cover. We have our own hotspot so were able to escape that charge but still deceitful, I thought. Any budget motel offers free Wi-Fi. They did also charge some weird $5.65 nightly "Downtown Destination Fee" - supposedly to help fund the "Fremont Street Experience". Which I could have done without anyway, it's such a madhouse. Plus, you get absolutely NOTHING thrown in for free. $10 if you open the 4 pack of Keurig cups they put alongside the coffee maker (ha ha we brought along free ones we got at our previous motel!) $4 for the bottled water. NO FRIDGE or MICROWAVE! No coupons for deals on buffets or drinks like old time Vegas would give you. Now as for the cricket invasion. We heard one chirping the first night and my husband found it the next day and disposed of it and we shrugged it off as a one-time thing. Then the next night my husband was out late while I was in the room with our son trying to sleep and we were bothered by SUPER loud crickets chirping and we could NOT find them so we called maintenance. Before he could get there my husband got back and after moving furniture found TWO crickets and captured them just in time for the maintenance guy to arrive and take them away. Next day we found another! And then found a dead cricket under the air conditioner! Last night we heard ANOTHER chirping, but it wasn't very loud so we didn't bother with it. But honestly!!! Have to say maintenance was always very quick about coming up, as we also had a problem with our room safe and he came up and fixed it immediately. Maid service was usually very good as well, except for our last day when they never came, despite us calling down a couple times, then FINALLY got them to come when we requested can they please at least just bring fresh towels?? Plus side: Beds were clean and comfy. Pool was awesome, our son LOVED it but way too crowded at certain times of day. There SHOULD be a rule where they'll only let in as many people as they have chairs for, or just a bit over. Parking at LEAST was free but a hassle to get to with only 2 slightly uncertain elevators to accommodate the crowds who need them and the stairway doors lock so you cannot walk up the stairs to your level. Honestly! A rich casino can't configure a better parking lot??? The only benefit I see to staying downtown is that you can walk to a lot of places from your hotel without having to drive like on the Strip. But we probably won't stay here again, we really just wanted to experience their famous pool!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank SuTune
Waco, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Golden Nugget in early August, 2014 because we wanted to experience the famous Golden Nugget after having stayed on the strip a few times. The decor from the entrance to the room was extremely dated and needs an overhaul. I expected this so I wasn't severely disappointed with the looks of the hotel.

This bad review began when I tried to log into my email on my computer. When I brought up a browser I was promptly informed that internet access would cost $12.99 per 24 hour period. I was pretty upset that the "nicest" hotel downtown would have the gaul to charge this much for simple Wi-Fi access.

The Golden Nugget stayed true to themselves the next morning when I called down to the front desk to ask where the gym was. They directed me to the gym so I got dressed and headed down. When the elevator doors opened, I was greeted by a nice woman who informed me that gym access would cost $20+. And I was done.

Golden Nugget claims not to charge resort fees (though they do charge a "Downtown Destination Fee"), but I would rather pay for a full service hotel than be nickel and domed at every turn. I will never stay at this hotel again, and I will advise anyone I know to do the same.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Seth B
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Had a great time. Employee Kelly was a wonderful help to our group. Pizza at the Grotto was a hit. Golden Nugget will be our girls event yearly hotel. A must for groups having fun in Las Vegas. Easy to go with the group or head out on your own with stores & other casinos close.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gold Rush Tower and it was great!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed in the Gold Tower. My room was clean and spacious. I was able to check in early which helped me a great deal! Staff was courteous and helpful. Much better than any other hotels on Freemont from my experience.

Room Tip: I recommend the Gold Tower or the Rush Tower. The Carson tower isn't as updated and the rooms a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business