“Second visit to the Nugget!”

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #86 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chilliwack, Canada
“Second visit to the Nugget!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Nugget. We booked a Rush tower room and ended up upgrading to a Jr. Suite. It was absolutely wonderful. We loved our room. It was huge and the bathroom was amazing! The bed was extremely comfortable. The only issues we had were that housekeeping did not leave us any cups for the Kuerig machine on the second morning and our room looked out on Fremont Street so it was very loud until the band stopped playing around 2 or 3 am in the morning.
We would definitely stay here but we would make sure that we stay in a room that does not look out on Fremont Street.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room that does not look out on Fremont Street if you do not want to stay up and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,774)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chaska, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Our room was located at the Carson Tower Deluxe and it was okay, it was worth the stay. We had a good view of the neighboring hotels. It was also located near the elevators so we didn’t have to walk long to get there but it was a little noisy, I could hear the people talking when they were waiting for the elevator to arrive. The inside of the room looked in good conditions, the sheets on my bed had a blood stain but they were replaced with clean sheets after telling a person at the front office. I didn’t go to the pool because it was very full at the time I wanted to go but it looked nice. We had dinner a few times at the Carson Street Cafe but the service was not good and the food wasn’t very good either, the buffet was better. The casino at this hotel looked nice and clean, it had a non-smoking area which is nice because I don’t smoke. The parking lot was located on the back of the hotel, I didn’t like the fact that you have to cross the street to get to the hotel, other than that it was okay. Something that I really liked was the location of the hotel. It is located in the middle of downtown Las Vegas and only two miles away from the Strip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Allison L
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed at the Rush Towers. Excellent. Like a Strip Hotel. Dined at Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse. Food and service was excellent, too. Was happy to see that Keno is back to 24 hours, at least on weekends.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CMLGFX
Amesbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would never recommend this hotel. In June of 2013 my friend and I were to meet in Vegas and stay at this hotel. I was running late and also needed to drop off my dog at a kennel (Golden Nugget is not pet friendly), so I asked my friend to grab a Golden Nugget shuttle at the airport - only to find out that the Golden Nugget does not have shuttles. So she finds a regular shuttle and arrives at the hotel and has to wait over 20 minutes, with no where to sit, before someone would help her with her luggage. My friend is in here 70's with a physical disability and they made her wait 20 minutes. Then she tried to check into our room --and they would not let her! Evidently her name was not on the room reservation. I talked to them via phone giving her permission and they still said no. I explained that when I made the reservation I was never asked for the name of my travel companion and they said that since I booked through Expedia that wasn't their problem. They made her wait in the lobby. She was exhausted from her trip from New England and as she sat on a couch in the lobby she started to nod off and was awakened by a staff member who said she could not sleep there!!! But of course she wasn't allowed in the room to sleep.....When I finally arrived the walk to our room was so long I even got tired. The room was unremarkable, but fine. When we got ready for dinner I found out that the buffet was on the complete opposite side of the hotel than our room and had to walk down to the desk to get a wheelchair for my friend just so she would not have to walk there and back. (Now, in regular life, my friend never needs a wheelchair!). The buffet was actually very good and the beds were comfortable and we were in better spirits and a more forgiving mood as we went to take a bus tour of the Vegas.

After we checked out, we were going to put our luggage in our car and then re-park it while we took the tour, but the women at the desk said it would be easier if they held the luggage in their holding room. She said when we returned, by the time the valet got our car down to the entrance our luggage would be waiting to be loaded. Ha! When we got back, we gave out ticket to the luggage desk and the stub to the valet. Our car was down in 10 minutes - the luggage was not. After several complaints to several people we finally got it out in 45 minutes!! And then the luggage guy was all sarcastic and snotty when I didn't give him a tip!! We barely got to the kennel in time to get my dog.

I know that if I had not been late in arriving at Vegas we would not have run into these problems. However, it is when problems arrive that you see the difference between good customer service and no customer service. We would have been better off all around staying at the Motel 6. My friend could have easily checked in without me and I would not have had to bring my dog to the kennel. We would have had to drive to the strip to catch the tour bus, but otherwise it would have been a better all around experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank COTAtraveler2013
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Rooms where in the Carlton Tower, just wish we had upgraded our rooms to the Rush Tower. These room where just OK. Our carpet had several stains, and our friends room had burn holes.
Was a very long walk to our room. That did made for a very good sleep, no noise from Fremont Street or Elevators.
Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels.
There is a coffeemaker, but $10. for the coffee pods. We walked to Walgreens for coffee & water. Do not drink what they have in the room. Expensive!
We where supposed to receive a coupon book at check in. Did not receive, until we came back to front desk 2 days later & asked for it.
We did enjoy the lounge located on Fremont Street. Spent hrs. people watching. Halloween brought out lots of costumes. Really liked the music from saxophone player, & laser light show.
Met some really nice people on the couches.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Queenu
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

The pool here is worth the stay. The private upstairs adult area is so relaxing. If your bringing the kids the bottom pool with shark tank Swim through plus slide is a ton of fun. The rooms are remodeled and clean. Service is fine and parking is easy. Walk out front of the hotel and you are at Freemont experience with all the booze,gambling and weirdos you could want to see.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina H
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed with a friend at the Golden Nugget for a night and we had a great experience. Our room was very large and offered a lovely view. The bathroom was very clean and inviting. The bed was amazing, it felt like sleeping on a cloud. We stayed in the room for a majority of the night and did not hear a peep of noise. If you wish to explore Las Vegas, there is accessible and efficient cab service available at all times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends