“Wonderful place for a relaxing stay!”

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #89 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chilliwack, Canada
“Wonderful place for a relaxing stay!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went for a relaxing stay and the Golden Nugget has it all! Service was first-rate, the rooms were clean - we stayed 1 night in a Carson tower and 2 in the Gold Tower - aside from a slight chemical smell in the Gold Tower room it was good as can be (hint, get the Landry's card and secure the VIP check in). All of the people were great to deal with, drink service at the casino was better for me than reviews led me to believe, the Carson cafe had better service than most hi end restaurants Ive been to and the buffet was a delight!
The hideaway pool was AWESOME for lying in the sun after a night of overindulgence on Fremont St and all in all its a BEAUTIFUL property! Highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: Get the Landry Select Club Card for VIP check-in and an automatic upgrade
1 Thank wayneh70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,901)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I go to Vegas 3-4 times a year, I think it's the best bang for your buck. I have stayed at many resorts, Caesars, Palazzo, New York, New York, Planet Hollywood, The Orleans, Harrahs, IP, Freemont, California, Golden Nugget to mention a few. The New Tropicana, has the best pool, Palazzo is definitely a fantastic resort with many pools because it combines the Venetian pools as well, Caesars is nice but to big, NY NY is fun, Planet Hollywood is always buzzing. But the strip gets boring after awhile, and you get tired walking and walking. The solution is the Golden Nugget, upgrade to the Rush Tower, the Nugget has a great, unique and fun pool, the Rush Tower rooms are good size, clean, very nicely appointed, sofa and love seat, coffee table, double doors that lead into the bathroom, desk, nice furniture, rich looking with a very comfortable feel. Freemont is always a blast, one big block party, I bounce from casino to casino so for me it's great. The Main Street Station has a great brew pub 777 with great pub food. The Freemont has a very good buffet, always fresh food. Try the Nugget, get the Rush Tower rooms and let yourself go, you'll see it all on Freemont Street, keep an open mind, join in the fun, dancing to the live bands and have a blast, it's like Cancun, no one knows you and no one cares! I am 51 years old and have a ball. I think you will too. There are also several guick stops to get snacks, beer, booze, nick nacks, etc. Check out the Heart Attack Grill, there is also a bar you can win lobsters at and they will steam them up for you. Just booked again at the Nugget, Rush Tower. Look forward to going!

Room Tip: For the extra money it is well worth upgrading to the Rush Tower. The Freemont has a good buffet and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank aramjames
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Golden Nugget was a great place to stay. Shop online and you will find great deals.
You will have a great time, nice rooms , all you need they have .Fremont St. is great,fun fun fun
Went online and find a great deal. Find if you travel monday to friday the price is better.We got all kinds of free stiff, food ,drinks, shows,and so on. The rooms are very quiet.

1 Thank Travelman322
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went to Vegas last weekend for a little girls weekend away with my mother, my granny, my aunt and a couple of cousins. I was by far the youngest. Everyone else was at least over 40. This was sort of my granny's last hoo-rah as she is getting older and traveling is much more difficult these days. The trip was about her and she sort of was running the show. With that said, she chose the Golden Nugget for our stay. I for one was very judgmental bc this was in the "old" part of Vegas and didn't think I'd have any fun or have much to do. They were all older and just wanted to gamble. I was definitely wrong.

Upon our arrival, I was actually impressed by the hotel's beauty. It was really nice. The rooms were spacious, the restaurants were clean, the casino was great.

We did have issues w plumbing (the water wasn't draining in the bathtub or sink), but I called maintenance and they sent someone up right away. There was one valet guy that was a super big jerk when we were trying to get a cab, but I called him out on it immediately. He was rude and it was not necessary, but maybe he just hates his job and is miserable in life. I don't know. Those are really my only complaints about our stay.

I loved that Freemont Street was right outside our door. I never heard the outside noise, but I wasn't necessarily facing the street. Besides who sleeps in Vegas anyways?! It reminded me of NOLA (which is my fav city) and Bourbon Street. It made for plenty of entertainment for the non-gamblers. There was something going on all day every day there. Which was great for me bc I was afraid I was going to be bored.

Inside our hotel there were plenty of options for food. I wouldn't recommend the little cafe inside (can't remember the name). The service is super slow no matter what time you go and the food was just so so. I do recommend the buffet upstairs if you're feeling extra hungry. It was tasty. We never made it to the steak house, but the prices looked reasonable. And there's this little chocolate store, I think it's called the Chocolate Box and it had all sorts of yummy truffles and strawberries and little tasty treats.

In the casino the girls were on top of their game with bringing drinks while you gambled. And they weren't watered down nonsense. These drinks were delicious.

The shark tank was a pretty cool view by the pool. I never made it outside to enjoy the pool bc it was windy and chilly the entire time we were there. It looked very cozy though.

Across from our hotel was the Mermaid Casino which had this hidden little secret for the ultimate greasy food. I think it's called Nathan's. It's in the back corner and they sell fried twinkies, fried oreos, specialty hot dogs and chili cheese fries topped w everything for super cheap. Something like 3 oreos for a dollar. Or 5 hot dogs for a dollar. The line was constantly long.

The Nugget was only a $30-$35 cab ride to the strip or you could hop on the city bus for a small bus fare and it took you straight there. The only thing about the city bus is that it stops at every location so if you're in a hurry, don't use it. Otherwise it's a great option if you're on a budget.

Overall the Golden Nugget ended up being a great choice. It was an unexpected fun time and I'd definitely recommend staying here. It was a different scene than the strip, but I had just as much fun as I've had in the past staying on the strip if not more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Amanda M
Dallas
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Upgraded to a Rush Tower room on 20th floor. Nice size room with modern furnishings. Safe in the room for valuables. Everything looked clean and fresh. Want to go back to visit the pool with the shark tank in warmer weather. Free parking. If you like the Fremont area- this is the place to be. This was my 3rd visit to this hotel

Room Tip: Always ask if a upgrade is available.
1 Thank Hansen97
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed Sun-Wed for $85/night in early March 2013. Free self-parking for persons staying at the hotel (just show them your room key). The room was large and odor free. The bathroom had 2 sinks, separate toilet area (no ventilation) and a tub. The tub had very high walls so it was difficult to get in and out. There was a iron, hair dryer and 2 robes. The clock radio had an IPod dock. Large LCD TV with DVD player. Bed was comfortable. The noise from Fremont street was very instrusive starting at 6pm and going on to midnight. Our window looked out onto Fremont street but you could hear the noise everywhere on property. The Rush Tower is shaped like a rectangle with rooms X201 and X215 at the ends as suites, X202 - X214 face Fremont Street, X216 - X228 face the other towers. We thought we would be able to see the Fremont Street light show, but no, just the metal infrastructure. The internet is free but so slow it is useless. There was no refrigerator. There is In-room coffee machine, but they charge $10 for 4 K-cups of coffee - outrageous! Limited amenities in bathroom. There is only 1 trash can in the room. The gift shop sells beverages (including alcohol) and a variety of snacks. The pool was very fun and the water slide through the shark tank was a blast. On public display is the world's largest golden nugget - worth seeing. Vic & Anthony's is a fine dining steak house. I asked for a medium NY Strip, it came medium rare, but was delicious once refired. The food at the Chart House was inedible - the stuffed flounder and shrimp combo were so overcooked that they were blocks of rubber. However, it was fun having a table by the fish tank. The fried mac 'n cheese was delicious when it first came out, but became cold and rubbery very quickly. Contained too much bacon for my taste. Suggest you just go there for drinks adn watch the fish. We went to the buffet for breakfast, the food was good and there was a nice variety. For slots, try the Betty Boop Love Meter by the Ice Bar. Both of us won big after just a few minutes of play. Make sure you go to the Golden Gate hotel (just a few doors down) for their $2.99 shrimp cocktail at Dupar's. Their corned beef hash is really good, too. The Golden Nugget is within walking distance of the Mob Museum (couple blocks) and the Neon Museum (longer walk). Both are excellent! The Neon Museum has a boneyard where you can see the old hotel signed (eg, Stardust, Frontier) up close and personal.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 5th floor on the Fremont side of the building of Rush Tower - your view will b...
3 Thank Amanda V
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at the Golden Nugget for 1 night only.The room was very nice,clean comfortable and quite large.The pool area and shark tank were quite different..in a good way.When checking in the staff were friendly and they had enough people on duty to handle the people checking in.
Nothing bad to report about the Golden Nugget...you even get a bath robe to use

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends