“Rush tower is amazing!”

Ranked #85 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oakville, Wa
“Rush tower is amazing!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Golden Nugget 2 times in the rush tower.
Love that there is a separate entrance/lobby. The rooms are beautiful, bathroom mirror is perfect for getting ready for a night on the town.
My only complaint is about 15 min after getting into our rooms I was trying to relax WITH my husband and unannounced a house keeper walked right into our room!
Needed less to say I was very embarrassed.
Other then that we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whalah97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,767)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The first room we were given in the Carson Tower was dirty, in the drawer there were dirty clothes and fruit rotting. So the next day they transfered us to the Rush Tower. This is where it gets interesting, we went down to the front desk to get new keys. Prior to this we packed up our bags and moved them by the door. I left my Raymond Weil watch and Maui Jim sunglasses on on the table not expecting anyone to come into the room. When we come back to the room the maid had been in and made up the beds and emptied the trash. So we wait for the bellman and he comes and transfers us to the other room. Upon arriving in the other room I notice my watch and sunglasses are missing and I ask my wife if she had grabbed them assuming she had, she replied no. So I call down to security and they escort me back to the room so I can look, as you guessed there was no watch or sunglasses. At this time I knew that the maid had stolen them. So I file a report with security and then follow up with the hotel for a few weeks. So now I had to file a insurance claim for the watch! The Golden Nugget did comp me two nights in the Rush Tower for my next visit. My advice to anyone staying here is to keep your valuables in the safe at all times (my wife did) because you cannot trust anyone!

Room Tip: Carson Tower rooms are not clean Rush Tower is very nice
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bama2222
Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Lovely and god value. Rooms are nicely refurbished. Housekeeping had a few issues like forgetting our towels. Twice. Pool is my favorite amenity with waterfalls and a slide through the shark tank. We spent two days just relaxing poolside. Adult only sunbathing area and smaller separate pool on third level were nice too. Chris gives a TERRIFIC chair massage poolside-cometely fixed my sore shoulder.

Buffet at lunch was not good. Casino typical and enjoyable. Use the checkout kiosks to save LOTS of time. Gold diggers nightclub was ridiculously loud. Has a great balcony over Fremont but the music competes with stage show just outside...weird. Still fun for late night.

Halloween downtown was a hoot Fremont experience still fun. Good live music.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank westslope
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once again we were off on a family adventure for a soccer tournament. This time to Las Vegas for the Mayor's Cup. We stayed as a team at the Golden Nugget due to the fact it was highly recommended from our coach as a great place with a great pool for the kids.

Yes, the pool was nice. Very small in comparision to some of the other hotels on the strip. The main highlight was the shark tank. Which was very cool to have the kids slide through. Water was heated which was nice.

On to the hotel. Typical casino. Very smoking and not very updated. I don't gamble so I don't know how the odds are...

The rooms. Not up to my standard. Very small beds. Small pillows. Hot mattress pad cover. My husband and I could not sleep comfortably in the bed. We are not large people at all. 185 and 115 lbs. NO COFFEE!!! They charge $10 to use their coffee in the room. No internet access without a 14/day fee. Come on..... The room was dark and dingy. Carpets needed replaced.

Overall I would NOT stay here again. Our last stay in Vegas was at the Venetian. 5 stars!! We paid 159 for the Venetian and we paid 115/night at the Nugget. Pay the extra money.

Only reason why I am giving it 3 stars is the pool other than that I would go with 2.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Soccerdancemom
Glenwood, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Nugget is without question the best hotel downtown. Accommodations are up there with most places on the strip in the new Rush Tower. Staff is friendly and Vic and Anthony's is the best restaurant in Vegas.

Room Tip: Rush Tower is great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 5, 2012

No coffee pots in the rooms but a Starbucks by the elevator? Too obvious. Downtown this has been our place to stay. The only complaint ever has been when the construction on the street was too loud. They moved us immediately.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OklahomaCityLetsgo
Chandler AZ
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Golden Nugget last week for business...it was my second time staying there in the past two months. I chose the Nugget due to its favorable prices and location downtown...ie more in the city core, vs having to deal with Strip traffic. Plus after dinner you can walk around, people watch more, take in Fremont Street Experience.

Check in here takes longer then I like. But they were friendly and stated "welcome back". I booked using a promo code I got from their email blast so it came with a cool coupon book for 2/1 meals and a comp drink. Inside the hotel is probably the nicest in downtown and feels like a strip property...but is easier to get around, not too huge, etc. Will definitely return

Room Tip: I stayed in the Carson Tower...the cheapest one...but rooms were'nt that bad. They were just fin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business