“THE place to stay downtown”

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #91 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ohio
“THE place to stay downtown”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Love the Golden Nugget. It's the nicest hotel in "old" Vegas and just as nice as the hotels out on the strip but not as expensive. I paid $139 for a Saturday night and only $69 for Sunday. Downtown Vegas is awesome. Everything is cheaper than on the strip... food, drinks and much lower minimums on the tables. Golden Nugget has a large casino, really nice pool, great restaurants. Rooms are nice and have coffee pots, flat screen TV's and hair dryers. Only negative on this trip was the rather long line to check in as only ONE person was working the desk!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Homebrew55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2012

A very nice renovated hotel and casino with several goodies including an indoor pool right in downtown Las Vegas; plenty of slots and table games and just step outside the door and see the famous light show.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank jackie m
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I traveled to Vegas in June on business. When I heard I was staying at the Nugget, I was a little disappointed. All I could think of was "Oh great...this is going to be one of those nasty old hotels in downtown Vegas." I couldn't have been more wrong.

The hotel, casino, and the restaurants were great. The front desk staff was fantastic. I offered a tip to get an upgrade on my room, and the young lady told me they weren't allowed to accept tips. She gave me an upgraded room anyway at no extra cost. My room was in one of the new towers and it was awesome! A HUGE bathroom, a very comfy bed, a built-in desk and entertainment center that was absolutely fantastic, and a sofa with a chaise lounge that was very hip. My only complaint is no coffee in the room (well...there was coffee, but it wasn't free).

The casinos were nice. I mostly play slots and roulette. I wound up winning on this trip and had a lot of fun doing it. The beverage service on the casino floor was a little slow...sometimes I had to go looking for a cocktail waitress, but it wasn't too bad. Of course they are a little more attentive when you're at a table. The dealers were great as well. Very courteous and professional.

As for the restaurants, all the food we had was good. The seafood restaurant (can't remember the name at the moment) had a great selection of fresh seafood and my halibut was top-notch.

While I usually stay on the strip when in Vegas, I might have to return to the Nugget in the future.

Room Tip: Try and stay in one of the newer towers. The rooms are upgraded.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank FriscoBassAce
Monson, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booked the Golden Nugget to get the old Las Vegas feel. The hotel was clean and the rooms large. The fact that it was right on Freemont St. made it more interesting. Where the hotel is located gives you more of an opportunity to branch out without hitting all the traffic. The buffet was good and the staff throughout the hotel was pleasant. The downside to all the hotels is the timeshare people. The constant attack made things uncomfortable as they tried to chase you down the hall to rope you in. All in all I would recommend the Golden Nugget and if I go back to Vegas chances are I will stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert C
Hope, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Gorgeous rooms - fantastic atmosphere - beautiful property - many options!
This was not an overly expensive hotel - it was well maintained - the pool was amazing!
Advice - we heard from other customers that if you get a room overlooking Freemont street - MOVE - it is too noisey.

Room Tip: Advice - we heard from other customers that if you get a room overlooking Freemont street - MOVE - i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wilkie24
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 10, 2012

It was our first time to Las Vegas and we had a great time ,the fremont experience was wild and such fun ,always something going on . Our hotel has recently been remodeled ,we stayed in the Carson tower and it was nice,but my brother stayed in the rush tower which is new and he had a a suite it was fabulous love ,love loved it ..worth the extra money ..maybe next time for us!! I am not used to such a small area for the pool...the chaise lounges we bumper up against to each other so it wasn't real comfortable and the pool area was always packed as the weather was always hot .
One of the things we learned was to book your showes before you go ..we had a lot of problems getting shows booked ,but we did get to see the Beatles Love show at the Mirage it was fabulous +++++ we had balcony seats and they were great as we looked down on the show and if we were seated on the floor we would have to be constantly looking up so they were great .
also make sure you plan extra $$$$ money for cab rides ... we payed 42.00 each way to the airport and also like 25.00 - 32.00 $$ from the Golden Nuggett hotel. you can take shuttles but plan on 3 extra hours to get to your hotel ..
We loved the Paris Hotel took the tour on the Eiffle tower great views.
I took the Sundance Helicoper ride and it was fabulous but expensive ,one more thing to take off my bucket list!!!
wanted to take the tour to the grand canyon but the trips were 11-14 hours by bus and several hundred dollas per person .
I think the prices on hotels and package deals are great but once you get there it seems everything else is expensive .we stayed for 8 days and that is to long...and expensive ..3-5 days is more than enough.
While we were there my brother got married and that was great fun and belive it or not they did it very tastefully!!!
If you go ,have fun and book your show's in advance.enjoy
oh I almost forgot ..but there was a motorcycle weekend while we were there...

Room Tip: If you can afford it stay at the Rush tower and get a suite ..they are fabulous!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wgg53776
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed at the Golden Nugget in 2005. It has been upgraded since then with an awesome shark tank. For being on Fremont Street it was very nice even in 2005. The room were great and the beds very comfortable. The service is very good here. There are many good places to eat right close. The Seafood Buffet at the Fremont is excellent and very low cost.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends