“Love The Pool, and the Slide.”

Golden Nugget Hotel
Ranked #93 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 7, 2012

OMG, I stay here for the Pool. It is the Best. The slide is fast and gives you a rush. Every morning the hot tub would not be on, and we had to ask to turn it on. Monday morning we ask and it never was turned on. We had to check out, so did not get to enjoy the Hot Tub...Yall dropped the ball that morning. I ask a guy working at H20 bar to call maintenance , and he said, Thats not my area... Your people need to work together, if these is a issue HELP YOUR GUEST, I just ask you to call someone... I am still pissed off about the Hot Tub.... My room 2054 was very clean, and was so comfortable . The bathroom was clean, and the A/C worked the best of four places I stayed in 8 days.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chas29644
Write a ReviewReviews (11,256)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in a corner suite at the Rush Tower for the Golden Nugget. It is a non-smoking tower which is nice, but really? The minute you come downstairs you are overwhelmed by the smell of smoke everywhere. The suite was beautiful.. I only wish there was a mini fridge. that would make the room. The decor is very new and chic. The bed was extremely comfortable and it was very hard to get out of every morning. The front staff was very nice and they gave us a coupon booklet. We used a great deal of the coupons. We ate at the buffet in the morning and it was just ok. I think it could have been a bit better. The coupon was 2 for 1 so we decided to try it. The sports book was very friendly and the staff was very nice. We ate at the Grotto one night and it was very good and the staff was perfect. It is definitely a place that we will return to. It is really reasonable compared to other hotels on the strip. It is hands down nicer that some that probably charge you double.. Great job Golden Nugget. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CamandKay
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just returned from 5 days in Vegas at the Golden Nugget. The hotel has been redone - they did a nice job of maintaining the original 'swank' era feel in the main areas of the hotel yet applied a modern feel to the rooms, overall the flow is pretty nice. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful, particularly the valets and security staff. A few minor pokes in the eye that seemed inexplicable to me: $13 a day Wi-Fi in room that was literaly 3X slower than what I was getting on my smarphone, $10 for 4 servings of in room coffee (I walked to the ABC store and bought 12 for $8), the bed frame was too big for the mattress leaving two inches of gap for me to trip over and people to drop stuff in (not to be cleaned out later, as I know that garbage was NOT mine..ew.). Overall, you are not in your room much in Vegas so no big, but while I am there I would prefer it clean and functional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank polarlgirl5
Reviewed October 6, 2012

you can fall down and hit Freemont street. Doesn't get any easier than that!

Nonetheless, the room was ok. It was dated, but spacious. It did not seem squeakly clean, but smelled ok. car--> hotel, long way!! Pool awesome. Went to the buffet, decent enough for $20.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CeeTeeCee
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great price. Loved being on Freemont Street. Live bands playing at night and lots of fun on Freemont. Best part of the stay was the Tank. Most awesome pool ever. Next time, will definitely stay at the Golden Nugget.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Raena B
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Again stayed at the Golden Nugget this year. Excellent rooms good value for money. Good location. Freemont Street, bars and other casinos nearby. You can catch a bus outside to the strip. Car hire available with in the casino.

A vibrant alternative to the large strip hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for the quieter rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jon N
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We decided to spend one night by Freemont St since we have never been to "old vegas". We booked a suite and since it was not ready we were upgraded to a huge apartment. We had 2 full baths, a dining room, living room with full size secitonal couch, wet bar area, refrigerator that made ice cubes, mini sink, a small size sectional in our bedroom. it was fully updated and modern. It was very very nice, except for one thing, the room overlooked freemont street- the noise at night was unbelievable and did not stop till at 2-3 am. The casino was good, the shark tank pool was very very cool. Just wish the seating areas around the pool were larger. We had a treat and ate at Vic & Anthonys Steakhouse which was excellent - best steak ever. I would go back to GN, but I would stay in the Rush tower which is on the other side to avoid the noise. For the money we got an amazing room which would have cost at least 700-800 per night on the strip.

Room Tip: Rush Tower rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business