Over the last 15 years,my wife and I have stayed at almost all the downtown hotels in Vegas because we like the closeness of the Freemont street area. In December we stayed at Binions, and while gambling in the Golden Gate one night my wife asked if she could check out one of the rooms, because we heard that they were remodeling. She was impressed enough that we booked 4 nights there for our June Vegas getaway. Our room must have been one of the best in the house, it was plenty big enough, and we had a birds eye view of Freemont street and Main street. If you book there, ask for room 404. It is the corner room on the top floor, overlooking Freemont and Main streets.
Both the hotel and Casino staff were very friendly, the restaurants have great specials, and you are within walking distance to all that downtown has to offer.
This is an old hotel, with a lot of charm and character,but because it is so old there are some problems. The shower has decent pressure, but the water temp can fluctuate without warning, so at times you have to be quick on your feet! Also, the lone elevator is a bit slow and clunky, but there are only 4 floors, so taking the stairs is a a quicker option.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great time downtown, you can't go wrong for the location and price. We will stay there again.
the summer of love promotion on Freemont St. is a lot of fun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accurately billed as Las Vegas' "Most Historic Hotel," the Golden Gate has stood the test of time and then some. Since opening as the Hotel Nevada in 1906, this modest and cozy corner establishment has stood placidly at One Fremont Street while the town -- and the world -- changed around it. Most notably, the Fremont Street Experience was built right outside its door. Very little has changed to compromise the hotel's old school charm in the intervening years, although the Golden Gate has made improvements and modernized. The hotel remains proudly dwarfed by its neighbors, at just 106 rooms. The rooms themselves, on the other hand, have been updated and include modern amenities like flat screen televisions and iHome clock radios. The casino is just as active as opening day -- and just as intimate -- although now its boasts Dealer Dancers from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. nightly. Its shrimp cocktail -- widely acknowledged as the first ever served in Las Vegas -- is as popular as the day it was introduced. Even as Las Vegas builds toward the heavens, the Golden Gate keeps close to the ground, rooted in its rich and wildly successful history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Golden Gate Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Gate Hotel And Casino
- Golden Gate Hotel Las Vegas
- Golden Gate Las Vegas