Have stayed at practically every downtown hotel over the years, but this was the first time we had stayed at the Golden Gate. Rooms were comped, so that may have something to do with it, but our room was a total dissappointment. Overlooked the alley, with glass breaking, people fighting every night. Garbage collection every morning at 6. Rooms are small, but the hotel is old, so we kind of expected that. Clean and the housekeeping service was good. Ice machine out of ice one day. Elevator quick, staff very friendly. Safe is in a cabinet on the floor and you have tro lie down to get access to it. There is no ironing board or iron in the room. I think this would be perfect for someone who is out all night and is just looking for clean sheets to crash on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accurately billed as Las Vegas' "Most Historic Hotel," the Golden Gate has stood the test of time and then some. Since opening as the Hotel Nevada in 1906, this modest and cozy corner establishment has stood placidly at One Fremont Street while the town -- and the world -- changed around it. Most notably, the Fremont Street Experience was built right outside its door. Very little has changed to compromise the hotel's old school charm in the intervening years, although the Golden Gate has made improvements and modernized. The hotel remains proudly dwarfed by its neighbors, at just 106 rooms. The rooms themselves, on the other hand, have been updated and include modern amenities like flat screen televisions and iHome clock radios. The casino is just as active as opening day -- and just as intimate -- although now its boasts Dealer Dancers from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. nightly. Its shrimp cocktail -- widely acknowledged as the first ever served in Las Vegas -- is as popular as the day it was introduced. Even as Las Vegas builds toward the heavens, the Golden Gate keeps close to the ground, rooted in its rich and wildly successful history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Vegas.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Gate Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Gate Hotel And Casino
- Golden Gate Hotel Las Vegas
- Golden Gate Las Vegas