“Great room!”

Ranked #80 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great room!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This review is for the hotel only , not including the casino (awful air quality, I can't stand the large number of smokers this place attracts.)

I booked a Superior room and it was nicer than many high priced rooms I have stayed at such as Marriots, Hyatts and Hiltons. The room was smaller than the sister Orleans property but it was obviously recently renovated and was very well done. The hallway was nicely carpeted and kept clean. I look for little details such as maids cleaning carpets and walls but found no faults.

Being in a room ending in 03 I was at the end of the hall. I requested this as it it quieter in most hotels. I didn't have to bother, I heard no one, not one peep, during my entire stay. The room was very quiet even though it overlooked the valet entrance.

The major issue I had was hot water. I get up at 5 am and it took ten minutes of water flow to get hot water. What a waste, no wonder Lake Meade is dropping! Having a water heater nearer to these rooms would be a boost.

The restaurants are OK and I have reviewed several.

Happy to return! Great room for $39 plus, plus, plus but that would be the tax on a room at the Wynn so I think this place is a bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end if the hall are a long walk but quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was my 5th trip to Las Vegas and my partners first. We recently stayed at this property as it was in the Boyd Gaming Family and with my card membership the room for two nights was little of nothing. This stay was the start of a 6 night stays in LAs Vegas which included other hotels. Having only stayed at a Boyd Property in Biloxi which is wonderful, I figured I would give it a try. The staff was friendly enough no issues there. The hotel is small and off strip but with us having a car that was a non-issue. The onsite restaurants that we tried were good, separate reviews to follow. The room is where this property got a score of average. Let me preference this by saying we come to Vegas to gamble, shop, eat and party. However a good night’s sleep and a hot shower is a must. The water was never really hot slightly above luke-warm. Yes the rooms and hotel shows some age but then again I did not expect the Ritz so that was okay. The beds were worn, sinking somewhat in the middle, the sheets on the bed although clean had burn marks on them, possibly made with an iron or a very hot dryer. Linen is not to expensive especially for a large property (Boyd) buy new sheets! The casino floor was small but we play slots and roulette so it did the job for our stay. Overall I don't think we would stay again, I would pay a little more and stay at other properties. Possibly try another Boyd property while I’m there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MzNikki130
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is probably one of my favorite hotels in Las Vegas. We were given a very large room, very clean, and nicely decorated modern design.
I really can not find anything bad to say about this hotel. Even their bell service was great! I had an infany with me at that time and they were very helpful with out luggages (we had 5 including the carseat and a stroller.
I guess the only con would be that it is not a walking distance to the strip, but if you have a car or drive a rental then proximity should not be an issue because it is only minutes drive from the strip. Airport maybe around 15mins but the hotel do provide a FREE shuttle to the airport. Not sure about shuttle from airport as we came from LA.
All in all, love this hotel, would definitely stay again. Recommended for families. Steak and Shake is an awesome restaurant inside, must try.

• Stayed January 2014
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel was nice, the casino floor was small with only two roulette tables. They charge a $9.99 "Resort Fee" which they also tax! Free parking, use of the pool and gym and free wi-fi is included in this fee as long as you do not use more than 1MB of data! If you do go over the 1MB you are charged an additional $10 per night. This is the only hotel I have stayed at that limits your "free" wi-fi and charges additional fees. The room was nicely done and clean. One morning we had no hot water and had to forgo showers, the hot water in the sink worked fine. Also, the bathroom door does not provide any type of privacy... it is a sliding closet door that does not lock and has a gap between the wall and the door. After the first night I wanted to extend my stay, I called down to the front desk and had no problems extending my stay. The next day I called down to extend it again and was told by a very rude front desk person that i would have to come down and have my keys redone. When I went down to the front desk the same girl was a rude and snotty to me. If I didn't have family in other rooms I would have went somewhere else. I will not stay here again. The breakfast buffet was a good value and had good food. The AC worked excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank breez123
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the Gold Coast Hotel and Casino Tuesday through Friday for three nights. Our stay was in a requested handicap accessible room. Room had two double beds, dresser, flat screen TV, desk and two chairs, large closet. The bathroom was wheel chair accessible with no curbs to hinder a person in a wheel chair. Two issues-the shower was a hand held wand and that could not be attached to anything so that it would resemble a freestanding shower. Second-the room is located at the end of a long hallway that contained about 30 other rooms, this could be an issue with a person limited mobility and not in a wheelchair. Numerous restaurants, TGIFriday's, Subway, a coffee bar, one buffet, three restaurants and two snack bars. The web site is very informative.
One major complaint-our check out was delayed by 45+ minutes as that was the amount of time for the bell hop to appear to take our the luggage.

Room Tip: Hotel runs east/west. So rooms on the south side are sunnier than north rooms. Security patrols th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pete84120
Riverside, California
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in town for the annual Baker 2 Vegas relay race and wanted to stay off the strip without staying Downtown. I was able to get my room for three nights, starting on a Friday, for under $300 dollars. Considering this was during March madness and the beginning of Spring Break it was a great deal.

My room was clean and in good condition. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice flat screen television. I ate dinner at the Ports O Call Buffet on Sunday night. The food was not amazing, but for $10 with a boyd gaming player's card I really can't complain about the quality of food.

There was a convenient shuttle that runs between the Orleans and the Strip. This is convenient if you want to avoid paying for a cab. However, the shuttle stops running around 1230 in the morning so if you stay out late like me you will have to find another way back to the hotel.

The casino at the Gold Coast was okay. I didn't come out a winner, but I was able to get some decent play for my money on some of the penny machines.Drink service was fair, but the biggest negative for me was the lack of the table game "Let It Ride." I would probably not stay at the Gold Coast again for the simple fact they don't offer said card game. However, I do plan on staying at a Boyd Property again whether it be the Orleans or one of the Downtown Boyd properties.

I must staying I always get great customer service at Boyd properties and have yet to encounter a rude staff member. Event the sandwich maker at the Subway in the Gold Coast was exceptionally friendly. Oh another positive is the onsite 24 hour bowling, this is great if you are tired of gambling and want to spend your cash on something that is fun and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you can visit Sun-Thur when rates are lower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank FMK1035
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Fabulous! clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, only 2 miles off the strip.(with free shuttle to take you there) Excellent but inexpensive B L D buffets Bingo and bowling. enclosed walkway to the RIO across the street. LOVED IT!!!!!!

Room Tip: we were on the first floor with no view but that was not important to us
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business